BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-18-2018, 04:00 AM   #67
mgod
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 csl 992 turbo S

Garage List
I notice both cars in the pics are 2 totally diff cars ones a m6 n the other is a 650 with two diff interior pics?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 11:02 AM   #68
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgod View Post
I notice both cars in the pics are 2 totally diff cars ones a m6 n the other is a 650 with two diff interior pics?
The text explaining why is right above the first photo...

Last edited by Evil Derboy; 02-18-2018 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #69
Keysersoze819
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgod View Post
The text explaining why is right above the first photo...
I ordered screen but no luck on part number here in the states for back mount. I did go on realoem and found several back mounts but not sure which one is correct. Any help is appreciated. :
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #70
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keysersoze819 View Post
I ordered screen but no luck on part number here in the states for back mount. I did go on realoem and found several back mounts but not sure which one is correct. Any help is appreciated. :
The part number quoted on the first post is the one that I was given by my local dealer and is on the invoice. When I gave them the part number for my screen they found the corresponding back mount for me.

Have you spoken to your local dealer parts department?

This is it: https://www.hubauer-shop.de/en/9364647-back-screen.html

Last edited by Evil Derboy; 02-18-2018 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 06:39 PM   #71
Keysersoze819
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The part number quoted on the first post is the one that I was given by my local dealer and is on the invoice. When I gave them the part number for my screen they found the corresponding back mount for me.

Have you spoken to your local dealer parts department?

This is it: https://www.hubauer-shop.de/en/9364647-back-screen.html
Thanks I figured it out based off the screen part number as you suggested. Only thing I can't believe is that this company sells the screen for $300.00 dollars US and BMW sells the screen with same part number for $2,200 dollars US. You said it's the same screen and you have it working in your car no issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 01:39 AM   #72
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thanks I figured it out based off the screen part number as you suggested. Only thing I can't believe is that this company sells the screen for $300.00 dollars US and BMW sells the screen with same part number for $2,200 dollars US. You said it's the same screen and you have it working in your car no issue?
No I didn’t say it’s the same screen that I had.

What was there to figure out? I gave you the part number in the first post.

I think I’m done with this thread now as there's really nothing more for me to add. All the info provided is pretty clear and I’m going round in circles answering questions from people who haven't properly read the thread.

The part numbers and how I acquired said parts are listed. The rest is up to you...

Last edited by Evil Derboy; 02-19-2018 at 10:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #73
Keysersoze819
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No I didn’t say it’s the same screen that I had.

What was there to figure out? I gave you the part number in the first post.

I think I’m done with this thread now as there's really nothing more for me to add. All the info provided is pretty clear and I’m going round in circles answering questions from people who haven't properly read the thread.

The part numbers and how I acquired said parts are listed. The rest is up to you...
I understand your frustration. All I was asking was that it was a great deal for the screen and that Bmw charges a ton more for the same screen so I was asking you about the quality of the screen. Thanks for all your info and I ordered the parts.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 06:55 PM   #74
rsuhandy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6;E92 M3;E85 Z4M; 958 SEH

Quote:
I understand your frustration. All I was asking was that it was a great deal for the screen and that Bmw charges a ton more for the same screen so I was asking you about the quality of the screen. Thanks for all your info and I ordered the parts.
If anyone wants the back plate I have an extra one.
The screen I purchased came with the original as my screen came off of a totaled 650i.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #75
Keysersoze819
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuhandy View Post
Quote:
The screen I purchased came with the original as my screen came off of a totaled 650i.
Thanks to this thread got new screen today from China and installed. Only problem is back plate from dealer doesn't fit this screen.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 06:44 PM   #76
Keysersoze819
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks to this thread got new screen today from China and installed. Only problem is back plate from dealer doesn't fit this screen.
Also installed new idrive controller brought from forum member
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      03-01-2018, 08:51 PM   #77
rsuhandy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So it's not OEM fitment?
How did you install it if the OEM backplate didn't fit?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 11:29 PM   #78
Keysersoze819
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So it's not OEM fitment?
How did you install it if the OEM backplate didn't fit?
The new screen is OEM fitment. I tried going to BMW dealer with part number for back plate that was listed by original poster and they could not find part and searching the part number on ww.getBMWparts.com and tried to have my local dealer ordered for me what I found there is still for pre LCI screen. I assume because original poster of thread is in another country the part number provided is different.

My car is a 2014 which has the back plate for the older screen which does not fit the new screen. I need a back plate mounting plate for LCI screen 65-50-9-332-412 which after rereading this whole thread should be part number
65-50-9-380-963 I hope.

I just need to know for sure what is the correct part number for the back plate here in US for the LCI screen that was discussed in this thread.

As far as how I got it to fit. The new screen bolted in the same mounting location just the back plate did not snap together and line up so for now there is a slight gap between the screen and back mounting plate. Which could be seen looking in from windshield only.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 11:30 PM   #79
Keysersoze819
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What is part number of back plate piece you have ?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 03:11 AM   #80
rsuhandy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What is part number of back plate piece you have ?
65-50-9-380-963

Though I no longer have it as I just sold it to another forum member.

Edit: I think this part number is for the screen with a TV tuner on it. I'm not sure which one is the correct part number for the other screens.

Last edited by rsuhandy; 03-02-2018 at 11:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 02:19 PM   #81
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
65-50-9-380-963

Though I no longer have it as I just sold it to another forum member.

Edit: I think this part number is for the screen with a TV tuner on it. I'm not sure which one is the correct part number for the other screens.
The part number I supplied fits my non-TV tuner version perfectly and was supplied to me by my local dealer who looked it up based on my screen part number.

Surely people can just do what I did? Give the dealer the part number for her screen and ask them for the corresponding back plate as listed on their system.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #82
Duff Ace
Adam
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Lusso, GT3, 360, Vaquish, bike

Garage List
Quote:
The new screen is OEM fitment. I tried going to BMW dealer with part number for back plate that was listed by original poster and they could not find part and searching the part number on ww.getBMWparts.com and tried to have my local dealer ordered for me what I found there is still for pre LCI screen. I assume because original poster of thread is in another country the part number provided is different.

My car is a 2014 which has the back plate for the older screen which does not fit the new screen. I need a back plate mounting plate for LCI screen 65-50-9-332-412 which after rereading this whole thread should be part number
65-50-9-380-963 I hope.

I just need to know for sure what is the correct part number for the back plate here in US for the LCI screen that was discussed in this thread.

As far as how I got it to fit. The new screen bolted in the same mounting location just the back plate did not snap together and line up so for now there is a slight gap between the screen and back mounting plate. Which could be seen looking in from windshield only.
I just finished installing mine too and the back plate I got didn't fit either. Works for now but would like one that is flush.

Here is the part I ordered. It seems to have extra vented plastic that is presenting the new screen from sitting flush.

The screen is nice. Improvement but not a Wow factor. The bezeless screen looks much cleaner. Here are the differences

Appreciate 2
      03-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #83
Keysersoze819
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff Ace View Post
Quote:

65-50-9-380-963 I hope.

I just finished installing mine too and the back plate I got didn't fit either. Works for now but would like one that is flush.

Here is the part I ordered. It seems to have extra vented plastic that is presenting the new screen from sitting flush.

The screen is nice. Improvement but not a Wow factor. The bezeless screen looks much cleaner. Here are the differences

I went to 2 dealers to order back plate mentioned by original poster 65509364647 and it's not available anywhere in the world.

I ordered the same one as you based off what dealer said was correct 65509380963

and took Dremel with sanding tip and smooth down those fins and now back plate then fit flush and closed completely. Took about 10 min
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #84
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I went to 2 dealers to order back plate mentioned by original poster 65509364647 and it's not available anywhere in the world.

I ordered the same one as you based off what dealer said was correct 65509380963

and took Dremel with sanding tip and smooth down those fins and now back plate then fit flush and closed completely. Took about 10 min
That part no. of 65509364647 came from a main BMW dealer in Glasgow-UK and is the number on my invoice and the part itself. It was ordered in from Germany by the dealer and took around 5 days to arrive. So I don't know what else to tell you.

The part supplied to me did not have those fins. Although like you, if it did I would have just cut them out as well. Easy job.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #85
e46revspeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: F06 & E89

thanks for all the info. Any diy on how to remove the vents? gonna order it this week. thanks

Squattin on Megan Racing and Vertini Monaco
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #86
Keysersoze819
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46revspeed View Post
thanks for all the info. Any diy on how to remove the vents? gonna order it this week. thanks
It's in first post
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #87
e46revspeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: F06 & E89

Quote:
It's in first post
thanks...does the trim piece by the steering column just pop off with clips? pull towards steering wheel?

Squattin on Megan Racing and Vertini Monaco
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #88
Keysersoze819
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46revspeed View Post
Quote:
It's in first post
thanks...does the trim piece by the steering column just pop off with clips? pull towards steering wheel?
Yes and then start pulling trim towards you by start /stop button then ac vents
Appreciate 0