BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

View Poll Results: What year will VER win his first WDC in Formula One?
2021 11 12.64%
2022 3 3.45%
2023 15 17.24%
2024 1 1.15%
2025 0 0%
2026 or beyond 1 1.15%
Not happening until HAM retires... 56 64.37%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2021, 07:40 AM   #221
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13407
Rep
8,028
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Let's deconstruct this:

You say that VER is young and getting better. That was HAMs 3rd season in F1. At that point he had a WDC under his belt. He was still on the upswing in his skill level. If you think 2009 HAM is better than 2021 Sir Lewis we probably don't need to discuss F1 any more.
2021 MAX is getting better in a FASTER car by the minute AND a more capable teammate to back up his RB team. As I said I'm not going to talk about race car tech from then until now and just let the car and track do the talking
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2021, 08:31 AM   #222
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13407
Rep
8,028
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate . That's really interesting . Please elaborate..........
I believe he's referring to the Anglo-Dutch Treaty of 1814.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2021, 09:31 AM   #223
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
30723
Rep
11,391
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
2021 MAX is getting better in a FASTER car by the minute AND a more capable teammate to back up his RB team. As I said I'm not going to talk about race car tech from then until now and just let the car and track do the talking
My friend, we shall see. The cars don't do the talking. The drivers do. 2017 and 2018 Ferrari win both WDC and WCC without HAM in the seat. They win at a canter.

This season should be no excuses. Max has the faster car. Let's see what he can do with it this season.

It's make or break for Max.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 100 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 10:24 AM   #224
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
29861
Rep
16,331
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
My friend, we shall see. The cars don't do the talking. The drivers do. 2017 and 2018 Ferrari win both WDC and WCC without HAM in the seat. They win at a canter.

This season should be no excuses. Max has the faster car. Let's see what he can do with it this season.

It's make or break for Max.
Well my good friend , the whole situation depends from Mercedes .
In other words : The *W12 !

Regarding the winter test in Bahrain :
Was Mercedes sandbagging like usual ?
Or weren't they sandbagging and really in trouble ?

Honestly ..Don't think Sir7ewis transformed his W12 in a gravel machine , just for fun !!!

That's the million dollar question !!!

And *IF MAX has the faster car ?
Well ...MAX showed that last season in Abu Dhabi !
MAX drove there very relaxed to the victory ! Isn't it ?

Yeah , that was a boring race , but this time after a decade of Mercedes dominance finally the answer came Red Bull's side with MAX !
Within "ONE" (1) week we'll know it my good friend !

Note : Just like you ...I can't wait !!!

As you said : The cars don't do the talking. The drivers do ?

"44" in Bahrain looking for traction in the gravel...
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-21-2021 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13407.00
      03-21-2021, 11:48 AM   #225
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13407
Rep
8,028
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
My friend, we shall see. The cars don't do the talking. The drivers do. 2017 and 2018 Ferrari win both WDC and WCC without HAM in the seat. They win at a canter.

This season should be no excuses. Max has the faster car. Let's see what he can do with it this season.

It's make or break for Max.
I don't think that Max will see it like a make or break situation, he'll go at the pace that suits him.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2021, 11:51 AM   #226
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
30723
Rep
11,391
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I don't think that Max will see it like a make or break situation, he'll go at the pace that suits him.
It's make or break against Perez. Max didn't do well against RIC and it's not a foregone conclusion that he will do well against PER.

This is what make-or-break means, my friend!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 100 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 12:05 PM   #227
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13407
Rep
8,028
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It's make or break against Perez. Max didn't do well against RIC and it's not a foregone conclusion that he will do well against PER.

This is what make-or-break means, my friend!!
It's widely believed (by the experts) that Checo will need at least FIVE races to get up to proper pace with the 16B, that leads me to believe that he could have a tough time dealing with McLaren and Merc while he's learning.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2021, 12:08 PM   #228
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
30723
Rep
11,391
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It's widely believed (by the experts) that Checo will need at least FIVE races to get up to proper pace with the 16B, that leads me to believe that he could have a tough time dealing with McLaren and Merc while he's learning.
Disinformation, my friend. This is the kind of BS that fuels speculation.

PER is an F1 driver with 10 years of experience and this is his 3rd team. He will do well against VER.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 100 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 12:10 PM   #229
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13407
Rep
8,028
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Disinformation, my friend. This is the kind of BS that fuels speculation.

PER is an F1 driver with 10 years of experience and this is his 3rd team. He will do well against VER.
Even your beloved 'Autosport' is saying it my friend and they're the 'bees knees' of the lot
Appreciate 2
      03-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #230
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
30723
Rep
11,391
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Even your beloved 'Autosport' is saying it my friend and they're the 'bees knees' of the lot
LOL!

I'd rather use my own critical thinking skills than depend on some reporter. Look how wrong they were with the move of Lewis to Mercedes.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 100 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13407.00
      03-21-2021, 01:02 PM   #231
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13407
Rep
8,028
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
LOL!

I'd rather use my own critical thinking skills than depend on some reporter. Look how wrong they were with the move of Lewis to Mercedes.
These journalists get into places where we can't and are really the one's to go by as the secretiveness gets more from the teams with what they have got.
We can't just go by what the teams' spokesperson's say who take the not so knowledgable fans for a buggy ride.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2021, 01:07 PM   #232
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
30723
Rep
11,391
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
These journalists get into places where we can't and are really the one's to go by as the secretiveness gets more from the teams with what they have got.
We can't just go by what the teams' spokesperson's say who take the not so knowledgable fans for a buggy ride.
They can and do. They are also misinformed.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 100 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 01:11 PM   #233
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13407
Rep
8,028
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
They can and do. They are also misinformed.
If they get it wrong so many times then they'd be out of a job
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2021, 01:16 PM   #234
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
30723
Rep
11,391
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
If they get it wrong so many times then they'd be out of a job
Have you watched the news lately?

Look how wrong they are each time they say Max is a rainmeister when all evidence points to the contrary.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 100 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 01:29 PM   #235
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13407
Rep
8,028
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Have you watched the news lately?

Look how wrong they are each time they say Max is a rainmeister when all evidence points to the contrary.
Turkey was a freak oily wet muddy track and you know the 16 wasn't on par on a rallycross track but... look at Brazil '16
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2021, 02:39 PM   #236
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
29861
Rep
16,331
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Turkey was a freak oily wet muddy track and you know the 16 wasn't on par on a rallycross track but... look at Brazil '16
My friend you nailed it !

And "this" ! HAM was playing games , but it was in vain !

One *(1) second in HAM's slipstream.....And boom !!!
We didn't see this from anyone else !
More bombs will be dropped.....SOON !


__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13407.00
      03-21-2021, 02:51 PM   #237
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13407
Rep
8,028
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My friend you nailed it !

And "this" ! HAM was playing games , but it was in vain !

One *(1) second in HAM's slipstream.....And boom !!!
We didn't see this from anyone else !
More bombs will be dropped.....SOON !


''Mode 6 please Max'' and whooom passed Hammy in a jiffy, that was a good moment my friend.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2021, 03:07 PM   #238
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
29861
Rep
16,331
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
''Mode 6 please Max'' and whooom passed Hammy in a jiffy, that was a good moment my friend.
More to come ....Soon !

Watched "Drive to Survive" last night .
It was the first season covering the 2018 World Championship premiered on 8 March 2019 .
Interesting question to RIC was : Would you win the championship in Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes ?
What followed from RIC was a big "YES" !!!

Season 1 (S01) => https://rarbgto.org/torrent/8s9l4gn#exp_mediainfo

Of course I've already season 2 & 3 as well => https://rarbgto.org/torrents.php?sea...ive+to+survive

Honestly I was blown away by the onboard images in fantastic quality on my big screen !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick13407.00
DrFerry851.50
      03-21-2021, 03:19 PM   #239
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
13407
Rep
8,028
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
More to come ....Soon !

Watched "Drive to Survive" last night .
It was the first season covering the 2018 World Championship premiered on 8 March 2019 .
Interesting question to RIC was : Would you win the championship in Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes ?
What followed from RIC was a big "YES" !!!

Season 1 (S01) => https://rarbgto.org/torrent/8s9l4gn#exp_mediainfo

Of course I've already season 2 & 3 as well => https://rarbgto.org/torrents.php?sea...ive+to+survive

Honestly I was blown away by the onboard images in fantastic quality on my big screen !
Won't come up from your two clips but I'm watching bits of Drive to Survive on F1
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2021, 03:45 PM   #240
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
29861
Rep
16,331
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Won't come up from your two clips but I'm watching bits of Drive to Survive on F1
Links from above are download links for the 18-19 and 2020 season .
Actually the whole complete 30 episodes from Drive To Survive ...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick13407.00
DrFerry851.50
      03-21-2021, 06:14 PM   #241
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
30723
Rep
11,391
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Turkey was a freak oily wet muddy track and you know the 16 wasn't on par on a rallycross track but... look at Brazil '16
Now it was muddy, as well, my friend?

The excuses are just embarrassing now!!

Do you remember how much you and my dear friend Philippe were crowing about how that was Max's weekend and Lewis was nowhere?

How did that work out?

Get ready for more of the same?
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 99 Wins. 100 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 07:18 PM   #242
Bongoxxx
First Lieutenant
521
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: 2018 340 XDrive
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Courtice, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Now it was muddy, as well, my friend?

The excuses are just embarrassing now!!
And apparently it was only on the parts of the track that MAX was driving on

Like none of the other drivers had to deal with the same conditions
__________________
Current: 2018 340 xDrive M-Sport Mineral Grey
Previous: 2016 328 xDrive Alpine White
Appreciate 2
MKSixer30722.50
dbarton62881.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST