BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-22-2019, 09:03 AM   #1
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

M6 upgrades

Hello all, I'm the Newbie here.. I just purchased a 2013 M6 with 19k miles on it. No upgrades yet so I wanted some input. From the start I would like a little more horsepower and to change the sound up a little bit. I looked up the Akrapovic exhaust and that sounds sick but is quite pricey. Any help is much appreciated!
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #2
utsavized
Lieutenant
utsavized's Avatar
Nepal
263
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6 GC
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Very low miles for a '13.
__________________
15 F06 M6 GC [Current]
18 AMG C63S Coupe | 15 F82 M4 | 14 M235i | 08 E92 328xi | 06 Audi A4 3.2 Quattro | 01 VW Passat GLS 1.8T | 95 E36 328i *R.I.P* | 90 Toyota Celica GT [Past]
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
217
Rep
2,534
Posts

Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
So much you can do to this car. Do you want performance or cosmetic?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 06:04 PM   #4
Slimm2.0
Private
Slimm2.0's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: F13
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

How much do you pay for the car?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 03:53 PM   #5
Havy
V8 addicted
Havy's Avatar
Germany
191
Rep
537
Posts

Drives: M6 Gran Coupé
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Congratulations to your new ride. You know.

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 04:04 PM   #6
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsavized View Post
Congrats! Very low miles for a '13.
Thanks!3
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 04:06 PM   #7
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
So much you can do to this car. Do you want performance or cosmetic?
Both..lol
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 04:07 PM   #8
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimm2.0 View Post
How much do you pay for the car?
42,500.... Mark is an excellent shape. I flew from Virginia to Florida to purchase.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #9
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
Congratulations to your new ride. You know.

Thanks... let me figure out how to do that LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 07:01 PM   #10
scuba357
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2013 m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: las vegas

iTrader: (0)

i just bought a 13 m6 with 24k so i get it.
I did a DINAN stage 2 and removed the muffler and cats. It sounds exactly like i hoped it would. Even the wife likes it. sounds aggressive but not over the top.
removed your carbon filter out of each airbox and drop in a KN and call it a day.
This car is scary fast at this point. (at least to me)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 11:31 PM   #11
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Nice...I need good exaust
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 11:33 PM   #12
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba357 View Post
i just bought a 13 m6 with 24k so i get it.
I did a DINAN stage 2 and removed the muffler and cats. It sounds exactly like i hoped it would. Even the wife likes it. sounds aggressive but not over the top.
removed your carbon filter out of each airbox and drop in a KN and call it a day.
This car is scary fast at this point. (at least to me)
Nice! How many horsepower did you gain?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 12:46 PM   #13
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newimage View Post
Hello all, I'm the Newbie here.. I just purchased a 2013 M6 with 19k miles on it. No upgrades yet so I wanted some input. From the start I would like a little more horsepower and to change the sound up a little bit. I looked up the Akrapovic exhaust and that sounds sick but is quite pricey. Any help is much appreciated!
Im a newbie too and recently bought a late15 M6 GC and the sound too was something i wanted to upgrade. I agree its pricey but have to say im glad i went for the OEW M Performance (Akra) exhaust system - it sounds incredible. Worth every penny and it adds to the whole experience every time. Sure the stock is great too but this exceeded all my expectations. Good luck...
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 1
kris1858120.50

      03-29-2019, 06:41 PM   #14
MelbourneFinn
Private First Class
Australia
37
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 2017 M6 GC
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Love the exhaust tips ��
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2019, 07:03 AM   #15
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Im a newbie too and recently bought a late15 M6 GC and the sound too was something i wanted to upgrade. I agree its pricey but have to say im glad i went for the OEW M Performance (Akra) exhaust system - it sounds incredible. Worth every penny and it adds to the whole experience every time. Sure the stock is great too but this exceeded all my expectations. Good luck...
Hell yeah man looks great! I'm going with the meisterschaft!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #16
FullThrottle
New Member
Canada
17
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe, F10 M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Any of these 3 or all 3 will give you what you want and cheaper then a full exhaust
1)downpipes
2)Tune like Bootmod 3 which now has burble tune for sound
3) muffler delete or buy straight pipes such as turner (this can be very loud paired with downpipes)

I would start with downpipes and a tune, you will get sound and power.

Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #17
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newimage View Post
Hell yeah man looks great! I'm going with the meisterschaft!
Great!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #18
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbourneFinn View Post
Love the exhaust tips ��
thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 04:29 PM   #19
M6GCMM
New Member
5
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: BMW M6 GC
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Four States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
Any of these 3 or all 3 will give you what you want and cheaper then a full exhaust
1)downpipes
2)Tune like Bootmod 3 which now has burble tune for sound
3) muffler delete or buy straight pipes such as turner (this can be very loud paired with downpipes)

I would start with downpipes and a tune, you will get sound and power.

Congrats!!
Any recommendation for catless downpipe? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #20
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
Any of these 3 or all 3 will give you what you want and cheaper then a full exhaust
1)downpipes
2)Tune like Bootmod 3 which now has burble tune for sound
3) muffler delete or buy straight pipes such as turner (this can be very loud paired with downpipes)

I would start with downpipes and a tune, you will get sound and power.

Congrats!!
Good deal man I appreciate the info
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #21
FullThrottle
New Member
Canada
17
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe, F10 M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6GCMM View Post
Any recommendation for catless downpipe? Thanks!
AMS Performance is what I consider if you willing to dish out a few bucks.

VRSF great price. Heard and seen, its definitely worth it.

I only know one person with XS power and honestly it sounds as good as any other. Only like $279 shipped in the US. No fitment issues and welding looks great.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #22
Slimm2.0
Private
Slimm2.0's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: F13
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
Any of these 3 or all 3 will give you what you want and cheaper then a full exhaust
1)downpipes
2)Tune like Bootmod 3 which now has burble tune for sound
3) muffler delete or buy straight pipes such as turner (this can be very loud paired with downpipes)

I would start with downpipes and a tune, you will get sound and power.

Congrats!!
I have a Dinan exhaust. Getting DPs soon. Im thinking a stage 1 will be cool. Dont want to break anything with a stage 2?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST