BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-13-2017, 01:58 AM   #89
melvyn
Lieutenant
250
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: isle of man

iTrader: (0)

Got a "Feynlab" ceramic coat topped with Exo3, very pleased with outcome.







Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 02:34 AM   #90
Derboy
Second Lieutenant
60
Rep
220
Posts

Drives: M6 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Gorgeous
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #91
BMWRog
Private
6
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Oxfordshire, U.K.

iTrader: (0)

Melvyn, it looks great! The colour is very attractive.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 01:18 PM   #92
BlackBavarian
New Member
12
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Hi guys thanks for sharing your pictures and stories many lovely cars here.

Does anyone know if the 600hp competition pack was offered for U.K. cars? I have a car that was produced in July 2015 and I wanted to know what CP tune it had.

Also what things should one keep in mind about non approved used cars and extending the warranty after the manufacturers one expires?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 01:45 PM   #93
melvyn
Lieutenant
250
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: isle of man

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBavarian View Post
Hi guys thanks for sharing your pictures and stories many lovely cars here.

Does anyone know if the 600hp competition pack was offered for U.K. cars? I have a car that was produced in July 2015 and I wanted to know what CP tune it had.

Also what things should one keep in mind about non approved used cars and extending the warranty after the manufacturers one expires?
Yes it was and still is.

I think you may be lucky and already have the 600 hp CP, , mine is May 2015 build (check inside door jam), Had power upgrade put into mine at dealership.
Pretty sure 600 CP is July 2015 build onwards, or could be possibly August 1st build onwards.Regardless, yours will be at least the 575 hp CP.
I would get your vin checked out at BM UK to confirm engine power
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 01:47 PM   #94
melvyn
Lieutenant
250
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: isle of man

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derboy View Post
Gorgeous
Thanks guys, some belters on this thread
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 01:48 PM   #95
melvyn
Lieutenant
250
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: isle of man

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRog View Post
Melvyn, it looks great! The colour is very attractive.
Thanks guys , some belters on this thread
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 01:49 PM   #96
brad850csi
Major
372
Rep
1,291
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBavarian View Post
Hi guys thanks for sharing your pictures and stories many lovely cars here.

Does anyone know if the 600hp competition pack was offered for U.K. cars? I have a car that was produced in July 2015 and I wanted to know what CP tune it had.

Also what things should one keep in mind about non approved used cars and extending the warranty after the manufacturers one expires?

UK cars did get 600ps post LCI but I'm not sure if it was on the earliest ones or if it got updated after a few months. Your sport gauges should show your torque going to 700nm instead of 680nm as well as 600ps instead of 575ps
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #97
BlackBavarian
New Member
12
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
UK cars did get 600ps post LCI but I'm not sure if it was on the earliest ones or if it got updated after a few months. Your sport gauges should show your torque going to 700nm instead of 680nm as well as 600ps instead of 575ps
Thanks for this I checked and the torque goes to 720nm and power as 480kw


Last edited by BlackBavarian; 08-15-2017 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 03:38 PM   #98
melvyn
Lieutenant
250
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: isle of man

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBavarian View Post
Thanks for this I checked and the torque goes to 720nm and power as 480kw

Them Sport displays are standard for M6 , convert your kw to hp and it will show 640 hp.
Yours is a 600 CP

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/05/15/bm...00-horsepower/
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #99
Londonboy
Private First Class
9
Rep
124
Posts

Drives: M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

That silver m6 looks sexy as hell!!!

600bhp beasts!!!...straight line performance must be ferocious!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 05:07 PM   #100
melvyn
Lieutenant
250
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: isle of man

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonboy View Post
That silver m6 looks sexy as hell!!!

600bhp beasts!!!...straight line performance must be ferocious!
Thanks and Yes it is, quite easy to get carried away as well.I can see why they are built for speed on The Autobahn, the faster you go the more it grips and very very stable
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 12:36 AM   #101
brad850csi
Major
372
Rep
1,291
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

I was meaning what the dial actually reads up to. When you're flooring it, the dial should move to 680nm or 700nm
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 01:44 AM   #102
BlackBavarian
New Member
12
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
I was meaning what the dial actually reads up to. When you're flooring it, the dial should move to 680nm or 700nm
Thanks all looks like I will have to do some testing

These are amazing cars and its a real shame they wont be produced anymore, I just need to source a akrapovic exhaust and its good to go.

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 05:27 AM   #103
Taheemr
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
127
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mids

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBavarian View Post
Thanks all looks like I will have to do some testing

These are amazing cars and its a real shame they wont be produced anymore, I just need to source a akrapovic exhaust and its good to go.

Black on black a very rear colour combo, many will say its boring, having said that my old black on black sold in 3 days, i guess its the safe bet for many, my replacement will also be black on black again, i chickened out of an M-Specific colour yet again, though SM Blue and S- Orange look stunning
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 05:29 AM   #104
RichardP
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
34
Rep
591
Posts

Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Yorkshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [5.00]
1980 E26  [5.00]
2003 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBavarian View Post
Thanks all looks like I will have to do some testing

These are amazing cars and its a real shame they wont be produced anymore, I just need to source a akrapovic exhaust and its good to go.

Does anyone know when production will stop?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 02:04 PM   #105
brad850csi
Major
372
Rep
1,291
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
Does anyone know when production will stop?
From the upcoming model pipeline thread, it looks like about another 10 months for the 2 doors. I remember originally F13 was listed on the same month as the F12 but as that thread is US oriented the F13 is no longer listed.

F12 6er - 06/18
F06 6GC - 02/19
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 09:43 PM   #106
F06M6
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: M6 GC SMB
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Some love for SMB down south

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 04:01 PM   #107
melvyn
Lieutenant
250
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: isle of man

iTrader: (0)

^^^^^^^^

Mega
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #108
melvyn
Lieutenant
250
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: isle of man

iTrader: (0)

Any you guys had a quote for extended warranty from BM.I rang them up and got a quote of 758 per annum , or 79 paid monthly , both with a 250 excess.Car had to be under 60k miles , thought this was good value and less than expected.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 05:42 AM   #109
BMWRog
Private
6
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Oxfordshire, U.K.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvyn View Post
Any you guys had a quote for extended warranty from BM.I rang them up and got a quote of 758 per annum , or 79 paid monthly , both with a 250 excess.Car had to be under 60k miles , thought this was good value and less than expected.
That sounds good value to me from BMW. Was paying a lot more than that on my previous which was a 645 vert. Will check cost of extended warranty on my F12 in November.

Checking back I see the BMW extended warranty came through Mondial. Is that what you have?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 07:23 AM   #110
melvyn
Lieutenant
250
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: isle of man

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRog View Post
That sounds good value to me from BMW. Was paying a lot more than that on my previous which was a 645 vert. Will check cost of extended warranty on my F12 in November.

Checking back I see the BMW extended warranty came through Mondial. Is that what you have?
Still on manufacturers at the mo, runs out next May, was just seeing what my options were.Was thinking of M5, will now keep the M6 longer I think , and see how new 5 pans out.

Them rates are very good to keep a fab car and have piece of mind.

Last edited by melvyn; 08-31-2017 at 07:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST