BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-05-2020, 08:06 PM   #1
OM6oodness
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GC

Hello All.

Picked up a 2014 BMW M6 in Alpine White several weeks ago.

Wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for the wealth of knowledge. I have been able to troubleshoot a couple of items and look into a few cosmetic mods.

Updated with:
IND Front and Rear Reflectors
Genuine Interior LED lighting
Gloss Black Front Grille

It was equipped with the IPE Innotech Titanium Exhaust with Gloss Black Tips.

I have not driven the vehicle as much as I would like given SIP but so far the exhaust appears to be louder than I would like when the valves are open. May look into replacing in the near future.

I do have an extended warranty and will need to take the car into the dealership for a couple issues I have noticed so far:
1) Squeaky buzzing noise in the Steering Wheel
2) Drivers door lock pin does not unlock by pulling the door handle (while exiting)

Looking for any recommendations for Service Advisors in San Francisco or Peninsula. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4984.50
      05-05-2020, 08:20 PM   #2
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM6oodness View Post
Hello All.

Wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for the wealth of knowledge. I have been able to troubleshoot a couple of items and look into a few cosmetic mods.

Updated with:
Gloss Black Front Grille

I have not driven the vehicle as much as I would like given SIP but so far the exhaust appears to be louder than I would like when the valves are open. May look into replacing in the near future.

I do have an extended warranty and will need to take the car into the dealership for a couple issues I have noticed so far:
2) Drivers door lock pin does not unlock by pulling the door handle (while exiting)

Looking for any recommendations for Service Advisors in San Francisco or Peninsula. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Gorgeous car.

1) Is it to do with the vibration motor? The vibration motor (e.g. lane keep assist) rattling is a common fault, mine is going in for repair under warranty

What kit did you buy for the genuine interior LED lighting - do you have more info on this? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 09:52 PM   #3
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

[post interior too
!

QUOTE=OM6oodness;26138884]Hello All.

Updated with:
Gloss Black Front Grille

Looking for any recommendations for Service Advisors in San Francisco or Peninsula. Any suggestions would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
      05-05-2020, 11:05 PM   #4
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Nice - welcome!

I’m sure you tried this, but it’s a safety measure as to why the door won’t unlock by just pulling once - if you pull a second time it should unlock. If not, then yes you have a faulty lock. This “second pull to unlock” feature can be coded off if you so choose.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 11:12 PM   #5
m6NYC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé

Congrats on the M6, she's beautiful.
Let me know if you would like to sell your exhaust I'm interested. I also have my stock setup if you'd like to return to that as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 11:27 PM   #6
OM6oodness
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GC

Thanks for the kind words.

1) squeak is definitely coming from the lane assist feature.

2) haha. Yes. Tried pulling twice... no luck and it only occurred a few times. Not every single time. But enough for me to need it fixed.

In terms of the LED. I was referring to the bulbs. Genuine BMW interior. These were quite costly. The set of 10 isn't enough to replace all the bulbs. So I had to supplement with a generic set from amazon for 10% of the cost of the BMW ones. No errors. A bit surprised that BMW M series did not come with LED interior dome lights. But I suppose BMW built the ultimate driving machine. Not the ultimate interior lighting...

Look up: BMW Genuine interior LED lightning package. Comes in a set of 10. I believe the part number is 63122212788.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 10:11 AM   #7
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Looking good and welcome. What part of SF are you in? I'd love to check out your exhaust. I have the Akra/MPE, so you can gauge If that's more of your liking.

I take my car to Peter Pan in Burlingame for servicing.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 05-06-2020 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 12:42 PM   #8
Londonboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Welcome! Another great white!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 02:18 PM   #9
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:

With only two posts and not knowing if you are new to BMWs...and you didn't mention that you pulled twice...may I ask if you are pulling TWICE on the interior door handle when exiting?

If not, then there's nothing wrong with the door. It requires TWO pulls to unlock & open the doors from the interior. See info below in the green box (from owners manual)...it's a safety issue thing:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #10
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
With only two posts and not knowing if you are new to BMWs...and you didn't mention that you pulled twice...may I ask if you are pulling TWICE on the interior door handle when exiting?

If not, then there's nothing wrong with the door. It requires TWO pulls to unlock & open the doors from the interior. See info below in the green box (from owners manual)...it's a safety issue thing:
This seems to always catch people unfamiliar with BMWs off. My parents and in-laws for example sees this as a defect or "over engineering". I try to reason with them as I view it as a security feature.

Ultimately, with most cars, you have to manually unlock first before opening the door from the inside. This is no different, it's just the redundant unlock function on BMWs is through a door pull (or pushing the interior button).