BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      07-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #573
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

11 days after CarbonX and the lawn is thickening good. Fungus is looks to be gone as well!

Marigold's really coming alive

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-09-2019, 07:11 AM   #574
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

if anyone's familiar with Spruce's I wonder what these are? I don't think they're pine cones since this isn't a pine tree?

see the lawn domination from the next door neighbor!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-09-2019, 07:19 AM   #575
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Wow! that looks pretty sweet! how is attached to the back? can this be a universal fitment? i'm wondering if I can do this to mine?
I'll take a couple of pix tonight but there is basically a rectangular bracket that bolts onto the back of the LT using existing holes. In my case, since I have 4-wheel steer, I had to use 4 washers per bolt as spacers to offset the bracket from some of the mounting bolts for the rear-steer mechanicals.

The tank itself has a frame underneath it. Part of it sticks out and has 2 long, lateral bolts. The top bolt rests in the hooks of the rectangular bracket that mounts to the LT. 2 pairs of machine nuts get tightened up once the sprayer is mounted. These are supposed to hold the tank at the desired tilt/pitch (which is somewhat adjustable). The bottom bolt has a 'foot' on it that sits on the LT's flange for adding tow attachments.

The tank can pivot so you can pitch/tilt it up/down but the problem I had (which I read about online beforehand) is that the tank wanted to pitch downward some once it was filled. The weight is too much for the 2 pairs of lug nuts to clamp in place. I picked up some extra machine bolts, washers, and nuts from HD last night to see if I can use them as spacers.

This thing honestly made spraying the whole yard much easier (tank cleaning is still annoying). Even though it was my first run across the yard and it looks like I missed some lines, I'm seeing a lot of 'wilt-y' weeds and some are starting to crisp/brown on the edges. Drive speed is what dictates the application rate since the DC motor on the tank runs a a constant speed. Now I wish I had a speedometer. lol I was going to rig a cellphone mount to use an old phone as a compass so I can try to keep better lines of bearing when doing diagonal mows (from one end to the other is like peering over the earth's horizon....not gonna happen). I can use the same GPS app for relative speed. I had more left over herbicide brew than i anticipated so I just made some cross passes over the more weedy areas.

Since I won't be using non-selective herbicides, I won't be caring 100% if a little residue is trapped somewhere. The time this thing will save.....oh my! 2 other things:
1. There is a self-agitate mode where the pump will recirculate the contents. That's useful to help mix the large amount of liquid in the tank. I just won't run it while spraying since it decreases spray pressure.
2. The pressure for the spray wand is awesome!
      07-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #576
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
I'll take a couple of pix tonight but there is basically a rectangular bracket that bolts onto the back of the LT using existing holes. In my case, since I have 4-wheel steer, I had to use 4 washers per bolt as spacers to offset the bracket from some of the mounting bolts for the rear-steer mechanicals.

The tank itself has a frame underneath it. Part of it sticks out and has 2 long, lateral bolts. The top bolt rests in the hooks of the rectangular bracket that mounts to the LT. 2 pairs of machine nuts get tightened up once the sprayer is mounted. These are supposed to hold the tank at the desired tilt/pitch (which is somewhat adjustable). The bottom bolt has a 'foot' on it that sits on the LT's flange for adding tow attachments.

The tank can pivot so you can pitch/tilt it up/down but the problem I had (which I read about online beforehand) is that the tank wanted to pitch downward some once it was filled. The weight is too much for the 2 pairs of lug nuts to clamp in place. I picked up some extra machine bolts, washers, and nuts from HD last night to see if I can use them as spacers.

This thing honestly made spraying the whole yard much easier (tank cleaning is still annoying). Even though it was my first run across the yard and it looks like I missed some lines, I'm seeing a lot of 'wilt-y' weeds and some are starting to crisp/brown on the edges. Drive speed is what dictates the application rate since the DC motor on the tank runs a a constant speed. Now I wish I had a speedometer. lol I was going to rig a cellphone mount to use an old phone as a compass so I can try to keep better lines of bearing when doing diagonal mows (from one end to the other is like peering over the earth's horizon....not gonna happen). I can use the same GPS app for relative speed. I had more left over herbicide brew than i anticipated so I just made some cross passes over the more weedy areas.

Since I won't be using non-selective herbicides, I won't be caring 100% if a little residue is trapped somewhere. The time this thing will save.....oh my! 2 other things:
1. There is a self-agitate mode where the pump will recirculate the contents. That's useful to help mix the large amount of liquid in the tank. I just won't run it while spraying since it decreases spray pressure.
2. The pressure for the spray wand is awesome!
AWESOME! I always thought about getting one of these as it would make spraying 20,000 sqft of lawn so much easier. I have yet picked up a battery operated back pack sprayer as i'm still using the manual push down leverage back pack sprayer. I think my right arm is bigger than my left arm now
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #577
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Abundant of blessing: numerous amount of yellow plum caused this branch to snap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #578
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Abundant of blessing: numerous amount of yellow plum caused this branch to snap.
it could possibly be the tree is not being pruned correctly. I've watched a lot of University Extension YouTube videos about how to properly prune trees which in turn will help support trees to grow correctly and also to help load disbursement like fruit trees.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #579
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
it could possibly be the tree is not being pruned correctly. I've watched a lot of University Extension YouTube videos about how to properly prune trees which in turn will help support trees to grow correctly and also to help load disbursement like fruit trees.
I pruned it in February trimming back so much. This year’s rain was abundant. Everything grew 10x more so than last year.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #580
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I'm not able to do it right, but I think the key on fruit tree pruning relates to AFTER buds set, so that you don't end up with broken trees.

Me/chickens are getting pretty regular with all the plums falling right now. I don't bother trying to pick from the tree itself, those that fall during the day are perfect for eating!

And with the shade the tree provides, the grass under it a bit thicker/greener than the rest, so they have a nice cushion when they land.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #581
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

So here's the lawn as is. Gonna put down this chelated iron to see how dark green I can get it. Will report back in a few days if it works
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 09:28 PM   #582
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
AWESOME! I always thought about getting one of these as it would make spraying 20,000 sqft of lawn so much easier. I have yet picked up a battery operated back pack sprayer as i'm still using the manual push down leverage back pack sprayer. I think my right arm is bigger than my left arm now
C'mon, dude...thought you lift! I've barely done anything the last several years and don't even break a sweat w/ my manual backpack sprayer. Must be from years of throwing jabs. lol In all seriousness, though, totally worth it if you're going to be putting down spray (herbicide, insecticide, soil amendments, etc...) for a larger yard IMO. If you have a square/rectangular lawn, a tow-behind is probably still okay. Like w/ a broadcast spreader, do the borders first and you'll have room for maneuvering. They're just bigger and I don't have my ideal storage space for all the yard stuff yet.

Went to HD and got the shortest 1/2" bolts they had. Unless the washer I put on the rod bends, it should work as a good spacer to maintain pitch/tilt of the sprayer when fully burdened.
Attached Images

07-11-2019, 06:27 AM   #583
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Nice pictures! I do.lift so I'm not being a pu***.lol! I see how it mounts now. My yard is square and i can still maneuver around the trees. Im.kust trying to find ways to make the job easier and not harder. Not that a backpack sprayer is harder it's just easier to.drive around the yard than walking. I do have the room in the garage but don't wanna follow it up with a lot of lawn equipment
Appreciate 1
bosstones1144.00
      07-12-2019, 07:09 AM   #584
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

lol...just messing w/ you. I paid a little more for the mounted sprayer. Tow-behinds of similar if not slightly larger capacity would be a cheaper route. Either way, it is definitely an easier way to go.

I just ordered:
1gal Q4+ - for those times when I need some liquid crabgrass control + other broadleaf weeds
1gal T-Zone - for broadleaf weeds excl crabgrass. It's cheaper than Q4+, too, so this will probably become my go-to for general purpose weed control
1gal Spreader Nonionic surfectant - wasn't badly priced and I forgetting to try dishsoap
2.5 gal Propiconazole - fungicide. I'm see lawn rust starting to come up in a few spots and I don't want to go thru what I did the last 2 late summer/falls in the backyard.

I'll probably put down the propiconazole and some Dimension this weekend. I'll use the later as a pre-M for broadleafs and post-M crabgrass control (which I thankfully don't have much of anymore). Tank will get its use again this weekend!

Lawn is starting to want to go dormant w/ all the heat we've been having and no rain. 1hour of impact sprinkler watering only yielded about 1/8" in my tuna cans! Wtf?! Ordered a water pressure gauge and looking into some larger throw sprinklers. Curious about BigSprinkler (mentioned by Pete/GCI) but need to measure the throw of my current impact sprinklers to see if the $ would be worth it. My yard is too big. lol
      07-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #585
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lawn is starting to want to go dormant w/ all the heat we've been having and no rain. 1hour of impact sprinkler watering only yielded about 1/8" in my tuna cans! Wtf?! Ordered a water pressure gauge and looking into some larger throw sprinklers. Curious about BigSprinkler (mentioned by Pete/GCI) but need to measure the throw of my current impact sprinklers to see if the $ would be worth it. My yard is too big. lol
The RGS/Humic12 really helps in my lawn as before my lawn would go dormant in the summer with the heat. Last year and this year my lawn stays green now because of it. I have irrigation so I usually run the sprinklers when I don't see rain in the forecast
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #586
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The RGS/Humic12 really helps in my lawn as before my lawn would go dormant in the summer with the heat. Last year and this year my lawn stays green now because of it. I have irrigation so I usually run the sprinklers when I don't see rain in the forecast
I just started w/ RGS & Humic this year. 2 apps of RGS and 1 of Humic-12 (although one of the RGS apps was via Carbon-X in the back yard). I'll see how it goes. My biggest issue is irrigation. I'd really like to get an irrigation/in-ground sprinkler system. I need to finish planning out the landscaping, deck, etc... first so I don't have to redo the irrigation stuffs later, though. For now, I'm just looking for the longest throw sprinklers I can get to run off a standard, city water fed hose bib. It is a PITA to try to water my yard.
      07-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #587
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Not sure if it is common where you are but we had a well drilled for irrigation here. No water bill for irrigation, just a little electric to run the pump. But they needed to go deep enough (100 ft. if I recall) to avoid a smell in the water.
      07-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #588
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Just sprayed out the Iron and now letting the irrigation water it in. Will post some results in a couple of days

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Not sure if it is common where you are but we had a well drilled for irrigation here. No water bill for irrigation, just a little electric to run the pump. But they needed to go deep enough (100 ft. if I recall) to avoid a smell in the water.
I inquired about it and my HOA won't allow it
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #589
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

So my little idea to rig my tank sprayer didn't work......not enough room for the bolt heads. I think I might have enough room for a flat head bolt w/ a cotter pin, though.

Put down some Propiconazole w/ Signal (blue dye) anyways. A bit frustrating since the spray wasn't as even due to the droop of the tank under its own weight. The Q4+ blanket spray from the other week is working nicely. I'll probably spot spray somethings that were missed (tank droop) since I have to spot spray the front anyways. I do want to put down dimension to help w/ anymore weed growth until fall, though.
      07-14-2019, 10:26 PM   #590
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So my little idea to rig my tank sprayer didn't work......not enough room for the bolt heads. I think I might have enough room for a flat head bolt w/ a cotter pin, though.

Put down some Propiconazole w/ Signal (blue dye) anyways. A bit frustrating since the spray wasn't as even due to the droop of the tank under its own weight. The Q4+ blanket spray from the other week is working nicely. I'll probably spot spray somethings that were missed (tank droop) since I have to spot spray the front anyways. I do want to put down dimension to help w/ anymore weed growth until fall, though.
Well that sux! It's been pretty hot/humid these last few days. Ran the irrigation this morning before hand but I was tempted to run it this afternoon for a minute or two just bring down the temperature
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 09:03 PM   #591
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

you see what happens when the water stops falling from the sky
Attached Images

07-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #592
Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
I feel like I run my sprinkler system non stop and my lawn is still looking a little dead. I do the scotts 4 step and re-seeded etc. Oh well lol
      07-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #593
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
you see what happens when the water stops falling from the sky
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 04:55 PM   #594
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageenterprise View Post
I feel like I run my sprinkler system non stop and my lawn is still looking a little dead. I do the scotts 4 step and re-seeded etc. Oh well lol
pictures?
Appreciate 0