BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-20-2019, 07:25 AM   #2201
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Casual Friday is bullsh*t! Come as y'@ll are everyday and act like you mean it, clothes and the rest.
Those substitutes for the "what wanna be if for one day" are really sucking.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #2202
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Casual Friday is bullsh*t! Come as y'@ll are everyday and act like you mean it, clothes and the rest.
Those substitutes for the "what wanna be if for one day" are really sucking.
Unfortunately if I did that, I would not have a job and probably be incarcerated.
      09-23-2019, 01:37 AM   #2203
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

That's the real tragedy today, everybody hides meanwhile behind phrases, cloths and some other sh*t. Just for one day a week they try to turn back the wheel and call it casual Friday to let their real expressions out...that's sick.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 02:57 AM   #2204
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
I regret buying my F36 430i GC. I wish I kept my F48 X1 Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #2205
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Have you guys ever blown ass and it was so potent that people in the next room can smell it through the HVAC vents?

I'm proud to report that it happened today
Appreciate 2
      09-23-2019, 01:27 PM   #2206
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

what are you eating man
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #2207
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Big thanks to web hosting of BP, the OT section and all of you who participate in the conversations held herein. Listening to the nonsense equivalent to verbal diarrhea, the gossip coming from a 57 year old woman who acts as if she is 5, dealing with complete and utter ignorance for 10 hours a day Monday through Friday; this place is where I come to get some sense in entertainment and intellectual conversation. Thank you, all of you.

In the coming weeks, my cubicle will be dismantled and my desk will be replaced with a counter top placed in a corner. This means that my monitors will then be visible to anyone walking through the office. This may potentially be the end of my spending copious amounts of my day on here discussing various topics with you fine people. The hunt for gainful employment elsewhere has already begun. The end is nigh.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 04:32 PM   #2208
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

You need one of those films that you put over the screen so not visible from angles at least could help.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907380.00
      09-23-2019, 08:01 PM   #2209
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
what are you eating man
I think it was last night’s amber ales...i could feel the gas expanding in the old tummy after each sip
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:02 PM   #2210
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Big thanks to web hosting of BP, the OT section and all of you who participate in the conversations held herein. Listening to the nonsense equivalent to verbal diarrhea, the gossip coming from a 57 year old woman who acts as if she is 5, dealing with complete and utter ignorance for 10 hours a day Monday through Friday; this place is where I come to get some sense in entertainment and intellectual conversation. Thank you, all of you.

In the coming weeks, my cubicle will be dismantled and my desk will be replaced with a counter top placed in a corner. This means that my monitors will then be visible to anyone walking through the office. This may potentially be the end of my spending copious amounts of my day on here discussing various topics with you fine people. The hunt for gainful employment elsewhere has already begun. The end is nigh.
If the job is interfering with bpost...time to get another job
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-23-2019, 08:28 PM   #2211
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

NOOOOOOOOO
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-23-2019, 11:26 PM   #2212
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Have you guys ever blown ass and it was so potent that people in the next room can smell it through the HVAC vents?

I'm proud to report that it happened today
Dude go on a bro diet, I'm like that every day all day.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-24-2019, 04:57 AM   #2213
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Hopefully they will implement the change, find out it's not working, and make other arrangements.

But I feel your pain. Maybe this is life's way of saying there are better things ahead for you? I'm a big believer in all things happen for a purpose...so hang in there man!
      09-24-2019, 05:44 AM   #2214
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So I have mentioned here in other posts about my situation at work, and with one of our VP's leaving and all the upheaval going on. That VP and I had worked 20 years together through a few different companies.

I hit my boss (President) up the day before I left for vacation with a synopsis of concerns, and itemized list of what I have saved the company in costs in the last 5 years.

I was professional about it, but at the point where I was just tired of it all. I really needed that vacation because I was so burnt out. Long story short, he met with me yesterday to give me news on what he had approved by the owner of the company.

I didn't get a VP title...(which I don't really care about that anyway aside from how it "pads" your resume). He told me that they thought I was still a little bit too young for that although I already manage the Engineering projects for all of our facilities here and abroad.

I did get a salary increase of almost 33%, a restructured bonus percentage, and if the company ever sells I will receive a % of the profit that the current owner makes from the sell as I am considered a "key player". The owner is 84, and has already sold off two places...and each senior manager did get a payout and most kept positions with the company that bought them.

I'm supposed to be signing off on all the paperwork today for it to go into effect and really don't know why I am complaining.

But I think I'm more miffed about the fact that it probably wouldn't have happened if my friend (VP) had not left...and my boss figures the company my friend went to will probably be trying to recruit me soon. It's a place my friend and I have worked at together before for close to 10 years.

But I'm also the type of person that believes in treating people fairly. I have never burnt bridges leaving any place, but have turned down substantial increases in pay as I feel "why am I worth the money when I am leaving" if you didn't feel I was worth it while I was here busting my ass on a daily basis.

I know that this is all petty to be bitching about...but I take pride in what I do and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one here who is trying to do the right thing. But everyday is like getting into a batting cage with it set on high-speed....and me at the plate blindfolded and my arms tied behind my back.

So I have decided to do the only thing I know that I can control and would also directly affect my "value" for the future. And that is to max out what the company allows for ongoing training and start getting some certifications in other areas related to my profession so that I broaden my skill-set as much as possible.
King Rudi13152.00
cmyx6go15560.00
      09-24-2019, 06:06 AM   #2215
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Rmtt

Sounds like a sweet deal and they appreciate you and value your opinion. I don't agree with you being too young yet for a VP title, especially if you are already doing the job. Are they going to recruit for a VP or leave the position open giving you the opportunity in the future?

Question is, do you like what you do? Can you make a difference? But everyday is like getting into a batting cage with it set on high-speed....and me at the plate blindfolded and my arms tied behind my back.
Can you work with the President to change culture internally so that you get support?
King Rudi13152.00
      09-24-2019, 06:09 AM   #2216
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:

No one puts Baby in the corner

What triggered this change? Is it directed at you, or is it a change throughout the office? Maybe it's the push you need to move on and find something better. Working with toxic people sucks. Good luck
      09-24-2019, 06:43 AM   #2217
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So I have mentioned here in other posts about my situation at work, and with one of our VP's leaving and all the upheaval going on. That VP and I had worked 20 years together through a few different companies.

I hit my boss (President) up the day before I left for vacation with a synopsis of concerns, and itemized list of what I have saved the company in costs in the last 5 years.

I was professional about it, but at the point where I was just tired of it all. I really needed that vacation because I was so burnt out. Long story short, he met with me yesterday to give me news on what he had approved by the owner of the company.

I didn't get a VP title...(which I don't really care about that anyway aside from how it "pads" your resume). He told me that they thought I was still a little bit too young for that although I already manage the Engineering projects for all of our facilities here and abroad.

I did get a salary increase of almost 33%, a restructured bonus percentage, and if the company ever sells I will receive a % of the profit that the current owner makes from the sell as I am considered a "key player". The owner is 84, and has already sold off two places...and each senior manager did get a payout and most kept positions with the company that bought them.

I'm supposed to be signing off on all the paperwork today for it to go into effect and really don't know why I am complaining.

But I think I'm more miffed about the fact that it probably wouldn't have happened if my friend (VP) had not left...and my boss figures the company my friend went to will probably be trying to recruit me soon. It's a place my friend and I have worked at together before for close to 10 years.

But I'm also the type of person that believes in treating people fairly. I have never burnt bridges leaving any place, but have turned down substantial increases in pay as I feel "why am I worth the money when I am leaving" if you didn't feel I was worth it while I was here busting my ass on a daily basis.

I know that this is all petty to be bitching about...but I take pride in what I do and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one here who is trying to do the right thing. But everyday is like getting into a batting cage with it set on high-speed....and me at the plate blindfolded and my arms tied behind my back.

So I have decided to do the only thing I know that I can control and would also directly affect my "value" for the future. And that is to max out what the company allows for ongoing training and start getting some certifications in other areas related to my profession so that I broaden my skill-set as much as possible.
well sometimes hard work pays off! congrats on the raise.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-24-2019, 06:46 AM   #2218
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Rmtt

Sounds like a sweet deal and they appreciate you and value your opinion. I don't agree with you being too young yet for a VP title, especially if you are already doing the job. Are they going to recruit for a VP or leave the position open giving you the opportunity in the future?

Question is, do you like what you do? Can you make a difference? But everyday is like getting into a batting cage with it set on high-speed....and me at the plate blindfolded and my arms tied behind my back.
Can you work with the President to change culture internally so that you get support?

Thanks for the kind words. They will probably end up not filling the position because it leaves one less person to pull from their bonus pool. That way they can still show a healthy bottom line, and the pay-out to them is higher without impacting cost.

I love what I do as it is a skill that I can use anywhere. And I like the people that report to me as they are competent and try to improve things when they can. I protect those guys pretty fiercely as when something goes wrong here...it's second nature to blame the equipment.

Unfortunately the President is one who can be presented all the information, and he will get onto the people responsible and tell them it has to change.....but he is so busy he rarely has time to follow up to see if anything was done aside from the next monthly meeting...and then it's like we do the same thing over again.

A lot of it is my fault. I personally invest myself too much into things to a point to where I even carry it home. So there is work that needs toi be done on my end as well.
King Rudi13152.00
      09-24-2019, 06:52 AM   #2219
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Hopefully they will implement the change, find out it's not working, and make other arrangements.

But I feel your pain. Maybe this is life's way of saying there are better things ahead for you? I'm a big believer in all things happen for a purpose...so hang in there man!
I appreciate that sir. The cubicle/desk set up that I was asked to locate for the pain in the ass that I share an office with and myself was $1,800. The counter top that they are fashioning our desks into, that will be mounted to the wall was $3,800. I foresee this being the permanent workstation for this area for the remaining life of this building. Clearly spending money efficient and agreeable ways is of no concern of the person pulling the strings. Hands down the worst "manager" I have ever worked for. I'm definitely down for a change at this point. I have reached my potential with this company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
No one puts Baby in the corner

What triggered this change? Is it directed at you, or is it a change throughout the office? Maybe it's the push you need to move on and find something better. Working with toxic people sucks. Good luck
Too damn funny!! This has been the joke since day one about the revised office arrangement. I'm not exactly sure what is going on here. I was hired to reduce the work load from the Maintenance Manager as he couldn't find time in the day to manage his crew and handle Capital Projects, so he was taking a laptop home with him and working from home, off the clock. He expressed his disdain with the plant manager, at that time. The plant manager created my position and I get a call out of the blue asking me to come apply for this position. The first year here, I stayed covered up; juggling 6-8 projects at a time and handling it like a boss, I feel. Since then, 8 out of 10 plant managers have left the company, 90% of all corporate employees have been replaced, a lot of my job responsibilities (accounting side) have been farmed out to a third party company and the new plant manager has no clue what my role was here before he came. My boss, the Maintenance Manager, didn't want me here to begin with as he felt like I was stepping on his toes. He doesn't want to relinquish any of his responsibilities or delegate anything due to.....well, just being a poor manager. Now rather than staying covered up with projects, I find myself scouring the internet looking for shit to keep me occupied.

The office renovation rose from our conference room being our emergency storm shelter, but not having enough square footage to encompass all of our employees. Therefore, they decided to cut the office, that I am currently already sharing with another person, in half and make the conference room larger. Considering my position, what I know about the requirements of the office space, points of egress, etc. I threw multiple options out that would solve our problem of limited space. In short, the plant manager has Napoleon Syndrome and is the type of person that is too busy explaining how smart he is and how right he is rather than listen to reason. He gets an idea in his head and runs with it, regardless of how it affects anyone else or suggestions that have been made by his subordinates. He is also the type of manager that hides around corners and eves drops on people's conversations so that he inject himself into the conversation to feel like his opinion is needed. He's a very odd little man that obviously has some self esteem issues.

Last edited by King Rudi; 09-24-2019 at 07:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      09-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #2220
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I'm less than productive this week. End of last week I was informed by our FACILITIES department that upper management has decided to invest $xx,000 to do a 5 year strategic IT plan.

Did I mention my title is IT Manager?

I almost walked out that day. The Facilities director distracted me with questions about a camera project and the lack of internet access at the proposed location.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-24-2019, 01:10 PM   #2221
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
well sometimes hard work pays off! congrats on the raise.
Thanks. It really want about money other than just being treated fairly. Most of that raise will go into retirement funds anyway as we budget on what my salary was almost 15 years ago.
      09-24-2019, 01:15 PM   #2222
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I'm less than productive this week. End of last week I was informed by our FACILITIES department that upper management has decided to invest $xx,000 to do a 5 year strategic IT plan.

Did I mention my title is IT Manager?

I almost walked out that day. The Facilities director distracted me with questions about a camera project and the lack of internet access at the proposed location.
Don't you love when you're in charge, but the last person to hear about anything? That's part of my complaints earlier.