BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-06-2020, 03:52 AM   #1
Wanwansuii
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW 640i Gran Coupe Msport

Smile Greetings! New member of the 6 series family

Greetings fellow f06/f12-13 owners! I am reaching out to say hello to my new 6 GC family. When I first saw the F06 platform design back in late 2012, I was still in high school and I absolutely fell in love with the beautiful, timeless design.

Now, after months of vigorous, intense daily searching, yesterday I purchased a one-owner '14 640i Gran Coupe M-Sport (alpine white/cinnamon brown-black) w/59,000 miles. Fully loaded w/cold weather package, Bang & Olufsen, lighting & executive packages, all driver assist systems including active cruise control & frontal collision mitigation, parking assistant, etc.

My previous vehicle was a fully-loaded 2010 e92 328i M-sport coupe, which I drove up to 200,000 miles w/o any issues or even a check engine light!

My Initial Impressions of the 640i GC:

Exterior: Absolutely breathtaking! I've always wanted an alpine white BMW, and this color compliments the beautiful shape so well. The front M-sport bumper looks quite aggressive yet tasteful, and is elegantly flanked by the full LED headlights. I am shocked the car is 6 years old!

Interior: I love the cinnamon brown interior with its classy and sharp contrast w/the black headliner & carpet. Looks amazing and I hope to do an interior detail of the seats very soon.

Driving: The N55 is very quiet and smooth. I've read some posts that said the N55 isn't powerful enough for the 6, but I TOTALLY disagree! This is more than enough horses to haul around town and cruise at speed on California's long highways. The 8-speed automatic is like butter, and the car feels insanely planted and like a bank vault. Very different experience from the lower-tier BMWs, and noticeably distinct even from the f10.

Ride: Unbelievable how the car behaves & rides so different in comfort vs. sport modes. So compliant & predictable. It is generally quiet, and behavior wise it is completely the opposite of my e92; though it rides similar to the e92 when in sport+ mode.

Flaws: 1.) Slight curb rash on wheels (I hope to have this refinished soon); 2.) Top cover of the B&O sound tweeter on the dash is not secured properly, so it makes a slight rattle over bad road vibrations; 3.) I think I might hear a slight rattle from the front passenger seat over rough roads.

Buyer's remorse: I bought an extended warranty through "Veritas Global Protection" (5 years/60,000 miles from yesterday's purchase date) from the BMW/AutoNation dealership; however, if I cancel I'm unsure if my monthly payment will go back down. The reason why I'd like to cancel is because now I think about it, the cost to benefit ratio for the "relatively" reliable 640i is not worth the warranty expense $5k.

Pics coming very soon when I clean her up!
Appreciate 2
j2dad5389372.00
HeyKC101.50
      10-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
Wanwansuii
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Trying to attach a few pictures of the car but its not posting through. Could someone assist me?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 02:45 PM   #3
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanwansuii View Post
Trying to attach a few pictures of the car but its not posting through. Could someone assist me?
Welcome, and congrats!
The 6-series are great cars, I'm sure you'll have a great time with it and here with us.

In regards to pics, do you have them uploaded on a web server? If yes, simply copy the ".jpg" address with the tags: [IMG] and [/IMG] around the address (no spaces) and they should show up.

Or just post the links and we can help from there.
- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 04:47 PM   #4
Wanwansuii
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTHIR13ENxx View Post
Welcome, and congrats!
The 6-series are great cars, I'm sure you'll have a great time with it and here with us.

In regards to pics, do you have them uploaded on a web server? If yes, simply copy the ".jpg" address with the tags: [IMG] and [/IMG] around the address (no spaces) and they should show up.

Or just post the links and we can help from there.
- Leo.
Thank you so very much Leo for your warm welcome!

I directly uploaded the pics from my computer and attached them to the "Manage Attachments" page, then pressed upload. However, I didn't see anything posted after that. I will try your method to have it show up
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 04:50 PM   #5
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

Welcome...I just rejoined the club in July

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 04:52 PM   #6
Wanwansuii
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

https://www.6post.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1602020935

https://www.6post.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1602021294

Last edited by Wanwansuii; 10-06-2020 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 04:59 PM   #7
Wanwansuii
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks mj! I was able to post a few I took yesterday. Car is not clean to my standards as of yet, but will soon be!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 10:23 PM   #8
TGG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i xDrive

Garage List
Welcome!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 03:49 AM   #9
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

Enjoy. I also think that the N55 is a perfect match for the 6.
Appreciate 1
city1991230.00
      10-10-2020, 09:18 AM   #10
Wanwansuii
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks everyone! It's been a week and I'm still excited to have the car. Its a head turner for sure lol. In the near future, I plan to do the following:

a.) Switch the chrome grilles to black gloss to match the M-sport gloss trim around the windows;

b.) Switch out the traditional interior bulbs to LED;

c.) Switch to LED reverse lights;

d.) Add a trunk spoiler;

e.) Window tint. Suggestions on visibility percentage would be great! (car has the light tint from the factory);

f.) Wrap the roof black;

g.) Possibly add M-sport side skirt moulding decals, but not entirely sure about this one.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 02:46 AM   #11
R0N
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 72 240z Audi Avant BMW 640I GC

Quote:
Greetings fellow f06/f12-13 owners! I am reaching out to say hello to my new 6 GC family. When I first saw the F06 platform design back in late 2012, I was still in high school and I absolutely fell in love with the beautiful, timeless design.

Now, after months of vigorous, intense daily searching, yesterday I purchased a one-owner '14 640i Gran Coupe M-Sport (alpine white/cinnamon brown-black) w/59,000 miles. Fully loaded w/cold weather package, Bang & Olufsen, lighting & executive packages, all driver assist systems including active cruise control & frontal collision mitigation, parking assistant, etc.

My previous vehicle was a fully-loaded 2010 e92 328i M-sport coupe, which I drove up to 200,000 miles w/o any issues or even a check engine light!

Exterior: Absolutely breathtaking! I've always wanted an alpine white BMW, and this color compliments the beautiful shape so well. The front M-sport bumper looks quite aggressive yet tasteful, and is elegantly flanked by the full LED headlights. I am shocked the car is 6 years old!

Interior: I love the cinnamon brown interior with its classy and sharp contrast w/the black headliner & carpet. Looks amazing and I hope to do an interior detail of the seats very soon.

Driving: The N55 is very quiet and smooth. I've read some posts that said the N55 isn't powerful enough for the 6, but I TOTALLY disagree! This is more than enough horses to haul around town and cruise at speed on California's long highways. The 8-speed automatic is like butter, and the car feels insanely planted and like a bank vault. Very different experience from the lower-tier BMWs, and noticeably distinct even from the f10.

Ride: Unbelievable how the car behaves & rides so different in comfort vs. sport modes. So compliant & predictable. It is generally quiet, and behavior wise it is completely the opposite of my e92; though it rides similar to the e92 when in sport+ mode.

Flaws: 1.) Slight curb rash on wheels (I hope to have this refinished soon); 2.) Top cover of the B&O sound tweeter on the dash is not secured properly, so it makes a slight rattle over bad road vibrations; 3.) I think I might hear a slight rattle from the front passenger seat over rough roads.

Buyer's remorse: I bought an extended warranty through "Veritas Global Protection" (5 years/60,000 miles from yesterday's purchase date) from the BMW/AutoNation dealership; however, if I cancel I'm unsure if my monthly payment will go back down. The reason why I'd like to cancel is because now I think about it, the cost to benefit ratio for the "relatively" reliable 640i is not worth the warranty expense $5k.

I wonder if your car is the same car I wanted to buy. It was about the same time and same dealer. lol I remember it being less than 30k and was on the lot for only a day or 2?

I inquired about it and the sales guy it for sale and few hours later, he called me and told me it just sold. I think it was on a weekday.?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 03:49 AM   #12
gene4sizzle
Rep
Drives: bmw / f06 640d xd

welcome to the family.
I also joined to 6post.com very recently, as matter of fact this is my time writing.
6 series are such a charm.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 08:01 AM   #13
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:

I have a 2016 640 xdrive coupe and agree about the motor. Plenty of power in my opinion as well. I've driven the 650 and the M6 and still feel the same out the N55 motor.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 08:03 AM   #14
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Thanks everyone! It's been a week and I'm still excited to have the car. Its a head turner for sure lol. In the near future, I plan to do the following:

a.) Switch the chrome grilles to black gloss to match the M-sport gloss trim around the windows;

b.) Switch out the traditional interior bulbs to LED;

c.) Switch to LED reverse lights;

d.) Add a trunk spoiler;

e.) Window tint. Suggestions on visibility percentage would be great! (car has the light tint from the factory);

f.) Wrap the roof black;

g.) Possibly add M-sport side skirt moulding decals, but not entirely sure about this one.
Windows I would tint at 20%, but that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 10:25 PM   #15
Big6Kal
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Garage List
2015 650i GC  [0.00]
Congrats on the car I just recently picked of 2015 650i GC I absolutely love this car I just recently tinted my windows an put a new set of 22’s an H&R lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 04:15 PM   #16
Chaos236
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne , 640 GC

Grills , stage 1 tune, plugs, black grill , red idrive ring coming.
Appreciate 0