01-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
E6 RDM
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW, Peugeot, Audi

Ordered my 6 Series GT

HI All

Ordered my 6 series GT. Bit of an unusual one. I currently have an F10 M5 and moving to a 620D. Around a 400bhp power difference. The M5 did 24mpg, this does around 58mpg on the same routes.

I came to the conclusion the overcrowded, pothole ridden crap UK roads, means I can't use the M5 power, plus the fact I have a baby, and doing more miles, I wanted to take a chill pill and slow everything down in comfort. Besides I still get my speed thrills in my track car......

Here is my spec:

620D SE
Glacier silver
18" alloys 648 spec
Heated steering wheel
Heated rear seats
HK stereo
ACC Cruise control
Headlight washers
Night Vision
Soft close doors
Galvanised finish on a switches

Probably the only one in the UK with this spec! It all started when my M5 broke down. I have a 620D hire car and I loved it - massive, and so comfortable. Not that fast, but fast enough. The ACC was amazing (great for busy UK roads). So I fell in love with this unusual car.

I think this car is brilliant - it may not be stunning to look at, it may not have the mass market appeal of an X5, X6 or 5 Series Estate etc etc, people ask why? when you say you own one. A lot of people don't even know what it is when they see it. But these are the things I love about it so much. It's a niche offering for people that like to be different in the least ostentatious way.

Thanks
Rob

Last edited by E6 RDM; 01-08-2020 at 02:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 03:25 AM   #2
Ronstein
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 2019 640i GT MSport

Welcome Rob

Totally agree about the 6GT, it's a real jack of all trades. Effectively a 7 series hatchback. More loadspace than an X3 or 5 Touring (which was my other option). Comfort, refinement and equipment is exceptional. i've gone the other way on power and economy though. Diesel being demonised by UK governments having encouraged us all into them, I decided to go the petrol route so I've gone from a 46 mpg diesel to a 30 mpg petrol (which is still pretty good for a large 340bhp car!)

Hope you got a good deal! Pre-reg and pre-owned 6GT's are ridiculously cheap. mine was ex BMW, 6 months old with 4.5k miles and I paid £30k under list.
- 2016 335D Touring M Sport X-drive
- 2014 335D GT X-Drive MSport
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 04:29 AM   #3
E6 RDM
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstein View Post
Welcome Rob

Totally agree about the 6GT, it's a real jack of all trades. Effectively a 7 series hatchback. More loadspace than an X3 or 5 Touring (which was my other option). Comfort, refinement and equipment is exceptional. i've gone the other way on power and economy though. Diesel being demonised by UK governments having encouraged us all into them, I decided to go the petrol route so I've gone from a 46 mpg diesel to a 30 mpg petrol (which is still pretty good for a large 340bhp car!)

Hope you got a good deal! Pre-reg and pre-owned 6GT's are ridiculously cheap. mine was ex BMW, 6 months old with 4.5k miles and I paid £30k under list.
Hi there, Yes I am aware of the diesel issues. That's partly why I went for the "most green" option. I paid £35,000 for mine, book price was £48,000. I looked online and I could get ones closer to £30k, even much higher specs (x drive etc) with the 620D being similar to the 640's....Crazy. But I am very particular with the options I want, so I have done a factory order as there were none around - at least I can ensure it's been run in correctly. Thats what I tell myself anyway!!

Running costs and depreciation - small change compared to the M5. I estimate in 5 years, I will sell it for £12k. Thats £23k deprecation not bad when you consider the M5 will have lost £60k +.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 05:20 AM   #4
Ronstein
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 2019 640i GT MSport

And your spine will be in much better condition that it would be after 5 more years in the M5
- 2016 335D Touring M Sport X-drive
- 2014 335D GT X-Drive MSport
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 07:27 AM   #5
E6 RDM
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstein View Post
And your spine will be in much better condition that it would be after 5 more years in the M5
very true. Its a firm ride, which I am sure is making the interior rattle a little now at 65,000 miles. Softer set up is always more forgiving on a shell of a car!
Appreciate 0