BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-31-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
tashakes
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 640i Gran Coupe

Looking for "wake up" line in engine compartment

I am having some issues with my JB4 and before sending it back, I want to try to fix what I think is the issue. I have tried to connect to a switched line but get a CEL. I also tried to connect to one of the wastegate wires as suggested on the Burger forum, but I get a engine malfunction message. If I connect it direct to battery, it trickles the battery down and I get a battery discharge message.

So what I think it may need is a simple relay that powers the JB4 as soon as the car wakes up. And I am looking for the wire to trigger a relay so I can connect the JB4 to it.

I found this pic of the wiring harness connectors on the TIS site but cannot find the diagram to figure out which is the wake up wire.

And thanks in advance for any advise telling me to just send it back and have it replaced, but Im the kind of person that likes to find if my theories are right.
Attached Images

'15 VW Touareg V6 Executive - Daily Driver
Appreciate 0