BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #1
x-tech7
Private
Rep
Drives: Mazda CX5, 2017 M6 coupe

Vorsteiner aero rear diffuser

Hello All,
Does any one have experience with the Vorsteiner rear diffuser or a replica like design? How is the fitment and quality?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 02:40 PM   #2
DarkMastyr
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC

Bought mine off AliExpress. Fitment/quality is fine, although mine didn't have the holes drilled for mounting, so I had to drill those myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 10:12 PM   #3
Minacious
The Dovahkiin
Rep
Drives: LCI M6 GC, other stuff.

I've had 2 Vorsteiner diffusors on this M6. The one that is on it now, and the one that was on the car, but got damaged on a ramp in my garage. The quality on both is/was exceptional, the fitment...decent.

The first one fit better and only required some minor adjustments. The one on the car now, I still haven't got it to sit perfectly. It fits well everywhere except the portion that sits under the license plate. One side sits slightly higher than the other side. It's probably barely noticeable to the casual observer, but to one as anal as I about detail, it's all I can see. I will ultimately get it adjusted to my liking, but it would've been nice to put it on and have it fit well right out of the box.

Some say that these aftermarket carbon fibers parts, no matter the cost, will need some adjustment in order to get right, or you'll get lucky and won't need any. Well, maybe there is something to that.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 10:18 AM   #4
x-tech7
Private
Rep
Drives: Mazda CX5, 2017 M6 coupe

So it appears the fitment is an issue no matter the brand and cost even with Vorsteiner. I was hoping with the high cost of the Vorsteiner that things would be a perfect fitment.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 10:50 AM   #5
debauch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6GC

Can’t comment on the diffuser but I installed Vorsteiner’s spoiler a few weeks ago and, while it aligned properly on the trunk, the spoiler was warped on one side and didn’t sit flush. It’s fairly flexible though and did sit flush when glued down.

Last edited by debauch; 04-30-2021 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 03:13 PM   #6
DarkMastyr
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC

There's been a few threads over in the M5 forum where members have bought multiple CF components from multiple vendors (including name brand), and they are all exactly the same.

You're not buying yourself better quality by spending more money. They're not really "replicas" if they're all being made from the same mold in the same factory.

Fitment is a crapshoot, but I feel a lot better about drilling multiple holes and making adjustments to a $500 piece than a $1500 piece.
Appreciate 0