BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-14-2021, 06:18 AM   #1
Christophe
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M6 F06

VF stage 2 tuning and upgrades

Hi guys, fairly new here own an M6 GC 2015.

Installed the VRSF catless downpipes, Akrapovic titanium exhausts, eventuri v2 air intakes, and uploaded the VF stage 2 tuning.

After i uploaded the file, display changed to 720hp (nice upgrade) but my cold start option got de-activated.

The other thing i noticed it that the car is not as loud as it used to be and the most important, not as responsive as it used to be.

It does shows that i am reaching the 720+ hp on the display but i am not sure if it is actually 720Hp + and not just a modified gauge that does not read actual hp readings.

Has anyone else experienced anything with VF engineering? Is there anything else that could give me extra hp without replacing the turbos? (Those will be replaced in June)

Thanks a log,
Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 08:51 AM   #2
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

I doubt its really doing the 720, thats a fake reading anyways. I had the VF stage 2 with catless downpipes and experienced a similar feeling, i returned the tune and went with DME stage 2 and even though the stage level is the same you can really feel the difference in performance. I feel like VF and Dinan are becoming more and more conservative, yet still charge a hefty price tag
      03-10-2021, 11:53 AM   #3
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophe View Post
The other thing i noticed it that the car is not as loud as it used to be and the most important, not as responsive as it used to be.

Is there anything else that could give me extra hp without replacing the turbos? (Those will be replaced in June)

Thanks a log,
Chris
Did they do a cold start delete? That could explain the difference in sound.

And as RagtagXMASTER said, I'd go with a different tuner. DME or Mission Performance IMO. As for power adders before turbo upgrades, I'd look into upgrading your charge coolers + adding a WMI set up. You'll also need new clutch packs to support the tq power level you'll likely run with new turbos. What fuel are you running? You can always mix in some MS109.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 04:52 PM   #4
vtune
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

I feel the same, just went Bm3 OTS Stage 2 - want something more aggressive..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 10:44 PM   #5
jjgrizz73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtune View Post
I feel the same, just went Bm3 OTS Stage 2 - want something more aggressive..
You can always request a custom tune through BM3, that's what I did when stage 2 started feelings slow again. DME sent me their stage 3 tune, of course clutches are needed and also added WMI to the mix
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 07:33 AM   #6
vampym6
Registered
Rep
Drives: m6 f13

i would also look into getting a custom tune or atleast getting it read out if it gives any strange codes maybe?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 03:15 AM   #7
Christophe
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M6 F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Did they do a cold start delete? That could explain the difference in sound.

And as RagtagXMASTER said, I'd go with a different tuner. DME or Mission Performance IMO. As for power adders before turbo upgrades, I'd look into upgrading your charge coolers + adding a WMI set up. You'll also need new clutch packs to support the tq power level you'll likely run with new turbos. What fuel are you running? You can always mix in some MS109.
Charge coolers are planned to be installed pretty soon.

I sent them an email regarding the cold start, and they sent me a file with the cold start enabled.

Of what I understand, a custom/actual/live tune is needed in order to get the most out of it.

Unfortunately nobody has the experience or knowledge/knowhow in our country to do it.

Always running 98oct never added anything to go higher.

Thanks.
Chris
Appreciate 0