BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-18-2018, 04:09 AM   #1
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Noob to the M6 Community!

Hey everyone!!

2 days ago, I put a 10K deposit down on a 2013 built San Marino Blue F13 Convertible with Moonstone Full leather Interior and carbon fiber trim. The options on it are active front seats with massaging and bang and ofulsen. I got the car from a friend who works for a prestige car wholesaler and got it for a ridicolously great deal. The wholesaler with persuasion from my friend is willing to sell the car to me for an almost wholesale price. The previous owner of the M6 traded it in at the Tesla dealership in Sydney and my friend works for one of the main wholesalers that liasons with the Telsa dealership. The car has only done 18K kms (11K miles) and had only one owner who was a solicitor ran his own property conveyancing firm. Other than a few tiny paint chips on the front bar and bonnet and minor leather imperfections, the car is immaculate. The car has had 3 services its whole life every 1.5 years at a BMW dealer and has had a few warranty issues with leaking coolant lines, oil pump recall and squeaky brakes.

I am looking to modify the M6 once i get it with a GThaus Meistercraft GTC Turboback and Stage 2 BM3 91 octane custom tune by Frank Smith (australian gas 93 octane/98 RON is quite bad and is actually closer to 92 octane)

I have a few questions:

1. What maintenance issues should I perform before I put on the bolt ons and BM3? Spark plugs, ignition coils? etc etc

2. Im worried about the reliability issues that the tune will have on the DCT clutches, is there anything I can do to mitigate that?

3. What are the best mods available for the F series M6?

Once my finance is approved and cleared in the following week, I will be able to take delivery of the M6 and photos of its beauty will be uploaded!

Thanks everyone !
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 08:46 AM   #2
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

I would suggest that you live with the car for at least 6 months and get to know it first before you start modding it. That way you know what the baseline car feels like and can assess the changes introduced by each mod.
Appreciate 1
Havy303.00