BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      11-25-2021, 10:29 PM   #1
deni2316
Rep
Drives: bmw m6 gran coupe

M6 battery

Trying to get a gauge here on what is too low voltage for the battery either running or off? Thinking this may be causing my problems with misfires/keyless/autostop/etc

I’m look at 12-12.5 when off and 13.9-14 when I turn it on
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 10:52 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
that sounds about as spot on as one could ask. Any time one of my bmw's had a battery issue it made sure to inform me of the condition. Certainly not the most authoritative source on testing but the video is recent and Sam is good edutainment.

2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 09:07 AM   #3
deni2316
Rep
Drives: bmw m6 gran coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
that sounds about as spot on as one could ask. Any time one of my bmw's had a battery issue it made sure to inform me of the condition. Certainly not the most authoritative source on testing but the video is recent and Sam is good edutainment.

Sorry I meant to say 12-12.15 when off not 12.5. From what I’ve looked at that seems to be on the very low end. But none of the regular signs are there such as headlights being dim or car starting rougher
Appreciate 0