BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-16-2020, 01:38 AM   #1
vkzd
Rep
Drives: M6

Looking to pick up a 2013-2014 M6 coupe in the NYC area. Exterior color does not matter to me but I would prefer a black or red interior. Must have executive package and driving assistance pack. Also would not mind full leather and the upgraded sound system, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. Please send me what you guys have to offer. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #2
kengneer1
Rep
Drives: competition Edition M6 Gran C

I have 2104 M6Gc, 23K original miles. One owner.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #3
vkzd
Rep

Sorry only looking for a coupe. GLWS though.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #4
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

The internet is a great resource.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...dEntity=c23335

I would also suggest you expand your geographical preference. This isn't a Toyota Corolla you're looking for. Fly out, buy and drive back, or have it trucked.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 03:25 PM   #5
vkzd
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
The internet is a great resource.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...dEntity=c23335

I would also suggest you expand your geographical preference. This isn't a Toyota Corolla you're looking for. Fly out, buy and drive back, or have it trucked.
Yea I've been using cargurus, Craigslist, and Facebook for a couple months now just hard to find the right spec for a decent price nationwide. Thank you for the advice though.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 09:11 PM   #6
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

What do you mean by "a decent price"? If you're trying to buy an M6 on a Corolla budget, it's not going to happen. If you've looked at CarGurus, you know that the price range at the moment is a best case low-30k upwards. If that's too much, then you need to find a different car or be prepared to spend more to get what you want.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 09:58 PM   #7
vkzd
Rep

Quote:
What do you mean by "a decent price"? If you're trying to buy an M6 on a Corolla budget, it's not going to happen. If you've looked at CarGurus, you know that the price range at the moment is a best case low-30k upwards. If that's too much, then you need to find a different car or be prepared to spend more to get what you want.
You're right, my budget is around 30-35k depending on the spec.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 11:06 PM   #8
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So you're right in there, but you won't find a comp at that price. I know it's bragging rights, and I've never driven one myself, but I doubt you'd find a 'base' M6 to be underpowered and I don't know if it's worth the premium asked. There are a few M6s on CarGurus that can easily be negotiated down to your range. You just have to decide if you want the car or not, and adjust your budget, or your expectations. Something is going to have to give.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 12:49 PM   #9
vkzd
Rep

Quote:
So you're right in there, but you won't find a comp at that price. I know it's bragging rights, and I've never driven one myself, but I doubt you'd find a 'base' M6 to be underpowered and I don't know if it's worth the premium asked. There are a few M6s on CarGurus that can easily be negotiated down to your range. You just have to decide if you want the car or not, and adjust your budget, or your expectations. Something is going to have to give.
Good point. The only hard part as been trying to find one with a clear carfax and no major issues. All the vehicles I've looked at yet have one or the other and I'm hoping I'll be able to get lucky soon enough and get a clean example.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 09:11 PM   #10
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I agree that a CarFax report can be a alarming, but it depends on what the problem was. My car has a report because the previous owner had to replace the rear bumper skin. No biggie. But if you see anything with side impact or airbag deployment, run away.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 11:38 PM   #11
vkzd
Rep

Quote:
I agree that a CarFax report can be a alarming, but it depends on what the problem was. My car has a report because the previous owner had to replace the rear bumper skin. No biggie. But if you see anything with side impact or airbag deployment, run away.
Yea for sure. Hopefully pick something up as the warmer months come to an end.
Appreciate 0