King Rudi13152.00
jmack548.50
      07-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #25
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I love that Snyder said in an interview years ago that he'd NEVER change the name. Even better is that he'll likely have to pay some Trademark Troll big bucks to buy a name. I think that it will be Warriors since he was leaning toward that for a possible alternate football league team.
      07-14-2020, 05:34 PM   #26
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

washington bullets? oh wait...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #27
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
washington bullets? oh wait...
Gilbert Arenas should be the mascot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #28
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

So dumb. The losers complaining about this aren't even football fans. They casually ignore polls showing that the overwhelming majority of native americans find no offense in the name.

Politics has ruined sports. Sports was always a uniting factor no matter what your race or creed in American society was. Now it's a political circus.
Appreciate 4
lakefront560.50
kaputt684.50
RMNB365.00
BigHunk269.50
      07-24-2020, 11:53 AM   #29
kaputt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
So dumb. The losers complaining about this aren't even football fans. They casually ignore polls showing that the overwhelming majority of native americans find no offense in the name.

Politics has ruined sports. Sports was always a uniting factor no matter what your race or creed in American society was. Now it's a political circus.
I’m a huge sports guy, or at least was. Played in college as well.

But I’ve found during this whole time that I haven’t really missed sports. It’s nice to have time back and not worry about making the game. About the only sport I’ve kept regularly watching is IndyCar.

I think a lot of leagues will one day regret deciding to go political with sports.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #30
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Good move by them. Why was a team ever called the "redskins"? What does that have to do with the DC area?
Appreciate 1
David701567.00
      07-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #31
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

So. "The Washington Football Team"?

Better hope they don't play the Seahawks in the Super Bowl-- then you'll have "The Washington Football Team" vs. "The Other Washington Football Team"-- it could be confusing.

Here's a sneak picture of their new helmet logo:
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      07-24-2020, 02:37 PM   #32
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
So. "The Washington Football Team"?

Better hope they don't play the Seahawks in the Super Bowl-- then you'll have "The Washington Football Team" vs. "The Other Washington Football Team"-- it could be confusing.

Here's a sneak picture of their new helmet logo:
Where the hell did you find a bar code for 1.4 MB diskettes???

Wait, lemme guess, those damn internets.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #33
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Good move by them. Why was a team ever called the "redskins"? What does that have to do with the DC area?
They moved to DC from Boston. They were the Boston Braves. Don't remember when they switched to Redskins. There were definitely Native American populations in the DC area.
      07-24-2020, 02:45 PM   #34
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

I, for one, just hope they keep it the "Washington Football Team." I think it's fantastic, and the memes coming out are hilarious!

NFC East:

Giants
Cowboys
Football Team
Eagles

07-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #35
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
They moved to DC from Boston. They were the Boston Braves. Don't remember when they switched to Redskins.
They were only the Braves for one season. George Marshall changed the name as there was already another team named the Braves (baseball?) and he didn't want people confusing his team with any other teams. Then head coach Lone Starr Dietz supposedly chose 'Redskins' as the name. I'm going off of memory but I believe that's more or less the story behind 'Redskins'.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #36
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Doesn't the NFL have a history of changing names? Anyone remember the Houston Oilers?

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...nfl-team-names
They moved and the Tennessee Oilers didn’t make much sense.
David701567.00
      08-19-2020, 12:23 PM   #37
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Been a Redskins fan since early 80's. Now look what the world has become. All the political bullshit has taken over the world and the pathetic bleeding heart LEFT have stood up and raised their fists. The sad thing... people are letting this happen.

KISS MY MULTI-COLORED ASS !! ...since it's about color right? It's not about color its about people. PEOPLE are the problem! Change. Like its going to get better if we change the labels on a football team, maple syrup, rice, make-up, etc.

Sadly enough this has been going on for hundreds of years and will continue. Who is kidding who? Just a momentary feel good about myself uprising because of ... THE LEFT.
Appreciate 2
F30lolz6798.50
Efthreeoh16946.00
      08-21-2020, 02:05 AM   #38
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Unfortunately that team is a cancer. Literally. Wish Snyder would sell it.
Appreciate 1
RMNB365.00
      08-24-2020, 11:06 PM   #39
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
I’m pulling for Alex Smith to win the starting job and for them to win the NFC (L)East. Hell, I want them to win it all.

Your Super Bowl LV Champions, The Washington Football Team.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 08:14 PM   #40
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
I’m pulling for Alex Smith to win the starting job and for them to win the NFC (L)East. Hell, I want them to win it all.

Your Super Bowl LV Champions, The Washington Football Team.
Hail to the Football Team!!
Hail victory
People on the football field
Fight for Landover Maryland!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 08:54 AM   #41
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Okay, so NOW can re reorganize the NFC and move the frickin' Dallas Cowpersons from the NFC East to the NFC South in swap for the Panthers to move to the NFC East?

No more Cowboys vs. Indians crap...

End rant.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 05:36 AM   #42
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They were only the Braves for one season. George Marshall changed the name as there was already another team named the Braves (baseball?) and he didn't want people confusing his team with any other teams. Then head coach Lone Starr Dietz supposedly chose 'Redskins' as the name. I'm going off of memory but I believe that's more or less the story behind 'Redskins'.
You have it pretty much correct. I was a long time Redskins fan. My father had season tickets at RFK Stadium since 1962 and a few years at FedEx Field. I've probably seen 40+ games at RFK from the late 1960s through time the Redskins moved to FedEx Field, 1989 IIRC. For a Washington DC (DMV) resident, it was considered "privileged" to have Redskin season tickets.

The controversy about the Redskins name is not recent, it goes back to the 1980's. Interested in the political side of it, my research on the subject is what you have said. To add a bit of detail, what became the Redskins football team originated in New Jersey. It was there for about 4 years then moved to Boston in the 1932 as the Boston Braves. As you stated correctly, there was a Baseball team named the Boston Braves (now the Atlanta Braves) and to avoid conflict between the games (back in the 1930's baseball and football were played during the same time of the year), the team name was changed to the the "Redskins". The detail that you left out was the coach, Lone Starr Dietz, was a Native American, and he did choose the name Redskins because before all the political correctness shit (by liberal white people) "Redskins" was a name of honor among Native Americans. Go out west and you'll find several high school football teams on Native American reservations named Redskins, which use the NFL Redskins logo. In 1933, the Redskins moved to DC. The team was the last to "integrate" with the inclusion of American black players, which is why George Preston Marshall's statue (the owner who moved the team to DC) at RFK was cancel cultured this year.

The Redskins website used to have the detailed story as I reprised it above, but has since simplified the story of the history of the team.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
RMNB365.00
      09-03-2020, 10:42 AM   #43
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
My father had season tickets at RFK Stadium since 1962 and a few years at FedEx Field. I've probably seen 40+ games at RFK from the late 1960s through time the Redskins moved to FedEx Field, 1989 IIRC. For a Washington DC (DMV) resident, it was considered "privileged" to have Redskin season tickets.
Same here. My grandfather and his best friend each bought a season ticket in the early 1960s to have something to do on Sundays. We kept them in the family until two years ago. We had killer seats at RFK, I got to watch a ton of games there as well. When they moved to Fedex we were in the lower ring. Awesome seats there as well.

The tickets were never cheap, but if we ever needed to get rid of some we had a 'waiting list' of our own. As the team got worse and worse, interest dropped off for our friends and family and it got to the point where we literally couldn't give the tickets away. When they came up for renewal two years ago, we declined.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #44
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Same here. My grandfather and his best friend each bought a season ticket in the early 1960s to have something to do on Sundays. We kept them in the family until two years ago. We had killer seats at RFK, I got to watch a ton of games there as well. When they moved to Fedex we were in the lower ring. Awesome seats there as well.

The tickets were never cheap, but if we ever needed to get rid of some we had a 'waiting list' of our own. As the team got worse and worse, interest dropped off for our friends and family and it got to the point where we literally couldn't give the tickets away. When they came up for renewal two years ago, we declined.
Our seats were in Box 4 in the mezzanine. We were right below the owners box and to the left of it was the radio booth. Saw Sonny & Sam, and Frank all the time, plus dignitaries walk the catwalk over to Cook's box. Hotdog stand was 25 feet away. And we never got wet either. Lol. Our seats in FedEx sucked, getting into FedEx sucked, and Snyder sucks, so we bagged it after 3 seasons. RFK had the best hotdogs.

You haven't lived unless you've seen a Redskins/Cowpersons game at RFK.

With Kappernick/BLM now, I could give a rats ass about the NFL.
Appreciate 0