BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-01-2021, 04:30 PM   #1
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 550i

Arrow 1 year of owning M6 Competition Edition

Hello everyone, so after almost 1 year of owning beautiful 2016 M6 Competition Edition, i have low miles 25k currently and my after first oil change I did roughly 400mi, so here is my first experience with maintenance on M car at dealership
https://ibb.co/hyVcQyV

Any recommendation where to service M6 in Chicagoland?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 05:28 PM   #2
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Thanks for posting - that's useful comps for other owners even if prices can fluctuate a lot around the country. From my experience - that's as good or cheaper than the lowest price I've been quoted for all those jobs at a BMW dealer in the DC area.

However, the dealer definitely did add some extras which were probably not necessary. Not sure what's included in line item A. I personally opted against E and F (covering beyond those items with an independent mechanic). I also didn't need an alignment, but all dealers up-sell, it's the nature of the game. Were you happy with the overall service and how they treated you as a customer?

The M-car tax is inherent, unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 08:19 PM   #3
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

What dealer did you go to?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 08:41 AM   #4
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
Thanks for posting - that's useful comps for other owners even if prices can fluctuate a lot around the country. From my experience - that's as good or cheaper than the lowest price I've been quoted for all those jobs at a BMW dealer in the DC area.

However, the dealer definitely did add some extras which were probably not necessary. Not sure what's included in line item A. I personally opted against E and F (covering beyond those items with an independent mechanic). I also didn't need an alignment, but all dealers up-sell, it's the nature of the game. Were you happy with the overall service and how they treated you as a customer?

The M-car tax is inherent, unfortunately.
I like the way they work with me. I personally going only to 1 same SA always cuz he know my car from the time I bough it and very loyal with any kind of questions I have, I heard a lot about INDY shop? what is that is that same as IND distribution? Also any recommendations on them? (how they trained and knowledgeable )?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 09:05 AM   #5
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
What dealer did you go to?
Its Laurel BMW of Westmont (SA MIKE POWALSKI heard about him in F80 forum)

Also since I don't want risk with super expansive repairs I got car warranty from them and service contract from BMW (unfortunately for 2 years only because of original service date )
I have CCB option so i worry about them idk maybe i should go to the race track and brake them hard to wear out so dealership can replace then while i have warranty for maintenance?

BMW Ultimate Care(list what they covering)

Any ideas any suggestions with what i need to be really careful or did not even try to do something?
In plans do St2 (I already have Catless DP from RK Autoworkers and Eventuri Intakes) saw one local shop doing low torq tune with 668whp 6653wtq Any suggestions and recommendations??
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 09:34 AM   #6
VCM
Rep
Drives: M6 GC Individual Manufaktur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHMM View Post
I heard a lot about INDY shop? what is that is that same as IND distribution?
Not same as IND.
INDY shop = Indepdendent shop, as you call local shop
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 10:29 AM   #7
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCM View Post
Not same as IND.
INDY shop = Indepdendent shop, as you call local shop
how i can find them ? any web site or anything?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 05:11 PM   #8
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHMM View Post
Its Laurel BMW of Westmont (SA MIKE POWALSKI heard about him in F80 forum)
Every dealership has different Sales and Service people. Every few years, their staff rotates because people leave and new people come in. Every so often management changes too.

All I can say is that I special ordered a car from them about 10 years ago and they screwed up the order, changed the money factor behind my back, change the residuals, lied about it, and then accused me of being cheap because I didn't want to pay an inflated price that we did not agree on. I would never go there again.
Appreciate 0