BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-27-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
deadspoogi
Private
Rep
Drives: is250 lexus

iPhone integration and sound on Bluetooth help

Is it just me or is the integration of Bluetooth with an iPhone just awful? I can't play YouTube videos or hear voice messsages on my Bluetooth in the car ...... it's just dead silent..... music from iTunes works and Bluetooth calls work as well.... everything else pretty much is a dead zone .

Anyone else deal with this or have a workaround ?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Since there are multiple versions of software for the CCC, CIC & now NBT...we have no clue as to what you're working with (or what/how you've connected your portable device) since you've left us no model/model year/build date information.

Help us help you better...please remember to give enough detail/info to make good suggestions/recommendations/answers/etc. Not every 6 series has the exact same set-up from its debut thru current configurations.

1. CCC - debut 2002
2. CIC - debut 2008
3. NBT - debut approx 2013
4. NBT (EVO 6) - debut 2016
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 07-28-2018 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 11:05 PM   #3
deadspoogi
Private
Rep
Drives: is250 lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Since there are multiple versions of software for the CCC, CIC & now NBT...we have no clue as to what you're working with (or what/how you've connected your portable device) since you've left us no model/model year/build date information.

Help us help you better...please remember to give enough detail/info to make good suggestions/recommendations/answers/etc. Not every 6 series has the exact same set-up from its debut thru current configurations.

1. CCC - debut 2002
2. CIC - debut 2008
3. NBT - debut approx 2013
4. NBT (EVO 6) - debut 2016
Sorry I'm driving a 2015 gran coupe x drive . What other info is needed?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspoogi View Post
Sorry I'm driving a 2015 gran coupe x drive . What other info is needed?

Quote:
I can't play YouTube videos or hear voice messsages on my Bluetooth in the car ...... it's just dead silent..... music from iTunes works and Bluetooth calls work as well.... everything else pretty much is a dead zone .
This means you have the NBT...are you connecting your iPhone?? using the instructions in your NBT (communication/navigation/entertainment) booklet?

One can have BlueTooth telephony connected but if you don't go into Multimedia and do BT connection for streaming etc...that feature won't work. And some things may require going into OFFICE (if the car is optioned) for the system to go into giving messages etc.

Again, without some type of indication or a step by step explanation of what you've done it's kind of hard to give any guidance. There are multiple ways of connectivity.

There are also videos on YouTube that go into connectivy of devices...perhaps you can find one that deals with the issues you're having.

And hopefully a forum member that has connectivity that you've described will chime in and educate us as to what/how they did it.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0