BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-17-2021, 12:02 AM   #1
chrisveal
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

iDrive software updates and coding.

G'Day guys n gals

I recently (before Christmas) updated my iDrive system with the current software from bmw.com/update UPD05074. This resulted in my new software on the car reading as follows:

MN-002.033.002
TN-002.003.002

I was able to then code out the scroll menu in the bottom left hand side of the instrument cluster (where the music and phone list is) as I had coded it into the HUD.
Just two weeks ago the car went back and had the rear view camera replaced, BMW reset everything (I assume this may of happened from a battery disconnect). The software now reads as follows:

MN-003.013.001
TN-003.013.001

Now I can not update the software with the UPD05074.bin, is this because the current installed software is a later version (top two in message). For the life of me I can't find out which software supersedes the other. Also no I am unable to code out the little scroll menu in the dash now. It annoys me a lot as it is in the HUD.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 02:07 AM   #2
chrisveal
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

So after a bit of fishing around I believe the new software BMW installed is definitely a later version. I think this has now changed the limitation as to what bimmercode can and can not code.
In the end I just want to get rid of the selection list in the tachometer instrument when you operate the thumb wheel (music/radio station).
If anyone know how to or even good bimmercode forum I'd be greatly appreciative.
I was able to code the selection list out before the software update.
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 05:36 PM   #3
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Just a thought, but why not contact the Bimmercode folks and ask if they are aware of the problem, and if they have a pending fix?
Appreciate 0