BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-02-2020, 11:39 AM   #1
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

New UK F13 owner, some exhaust questions...

Hi all,

Been on various forums on bimmerpost over the years but first time in the M6 section as I've just picked up a 2015 M6 Competition Pack with 7ME too.

It's fairly stock overall but there are a couple of mods I'd like to find out some more about.

It has an Akrapovic Evolution System on it, as well as Eventuri intakes.

Regarding the exhaust, what difference is there between the M performance exhaust that's made by Akra, and the actual Akra Evo system that I have on this case?

One other thing it has is lightweight OZ alloys to replace the 601Ms wheels that were stock. I'm not hugely keen on these wheels and want to swap them for the originals which I am going back to pick up from the old owner soon, but I wondered what peoples thoughts were on the best of the stock wheels for this car? I'm not normally a fan of black wheels but with the car being Sakhir Orange, I thought it might work? Also I need some that clear the Carbon brakes which I understand means I need 20s?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
drcoho
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15 BMW M6 competition, 09 650i

Garage List
black factory rims with carbon brakes. i've had people comment they like the look and thought they where custom or to cool for factory rims.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 07:53 AM   #3
anglaslt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: RHD X3 M40i + LHD Brabus B63S

I too think black wheels will look good with Sakhir Orange. Having said that I also like the look of the OZ rims it currently has and I wouldn't be in a hurry to take them off. I'd pick up the original rims as an option and maybe use them for winter tyres.

Nice to hear of another M6 coupe in UK. I've had mine for 18 months and I've not seen another M6 of any description on the road. Probably need to get out more

Another black wheel pic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 08:30 AM   #4
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Actually the OZ wheels are growing on me. I think I will keep them on for a while longer like you say, I need to make a decision as they could do with some new tyres soon so got to decide which set to put them on but I'm leaning towards the OZ. I think some BMW centre caps would make them look a lot better IMO.

Yes they certainly are rare on these roads, I don't remember seeing another one, at least for a long time
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 06:54 AM   #5
zzeiler
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 GCC

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [0.00]
I'm going to be moving to the UK next month and just bought an M6 there. Have you done the MOT testing yet? I'm coming from California, so I'm used to strict rules on exhaust and intakes, was just wondering if they gave you any trouble for what you have. Thanks!
Appreciate 0