BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-28-2020, 10:24 PM   #1
936F06
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Smile Super Sprint Exhaust

Does anyone know the difference in between these two center pipes?
Cost?
Part #?
Look different or is it me?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 11:31 PM   #2
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
had a follow up question; would the addition of these cause removal of the secondary cats ?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 11:57 PM   #3
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 936F06 View Post
Does anyone know the difference in between these two center pipes?
Cost?
Part #?
Look different or is it me?
The main obvious different is straight vs x-pipe.
Cost - it’s listed in your photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
had a follow up question; would the addition of these cause removal of the secondary cats ?
F12/13/06 do not have secondary cats, only primary which can be replaced with downpipes. The exhaust shown in the OP would replace the already existing x-pipe - which is slightly pinched in stock form.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2020, 11:19 PM   #4
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
No ,there is no secondary cats,the downpipes are the cats, those are the resonators your talking about ,they replace the crappy crimped part in the stock exhaust, if you have a comp pack car those pipes are hollow anyway
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 09:46 PM   #5
936F06
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Every where I go to any exhaust shop. I tell them to recreate the super sprint straight pipes. The x member. They tell me this is high performance and removing it and going straight pipe with lose hp. Im just dumb founded dont know who to believe.
I guess my question is why is it so?
They say for high pressure and low? Its essential?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 10:31 PM   #6
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 936F06 View Post
Every where I go to any exhaust shop. I tell them to recreate the super sprint straight pipes. The x member. They tell me this is high performance and removing it and going straight pipe with lose hp. Im just dumb founded dont know who to believe.
I guess my question is why is it so?
They say for high pressure and low? Its essential?
Turbo cars dont want any pipe!! the faster you can get it out the better ,When you see a lot of turbo race cars they have the exhaust shooting out the hood or fender /front bumper.They dont need any backpressure like a NA car ,
The X pipe might be the one you want because its overall size is bigger .Its basically a straight pipe with a chamber,its like stock but larger and thats what you want

I have the Full GTC Meistershaft exhaust, there exhaust is 3-1/2 all the way through ,that center piece they call a velocity box instead of pipe , The pics I attached im looking in one of the ends you can see straight through , im not sure what that bridge piece inside does maybe extra support or to cut the drone down,
You won't gain any substantial HP as the stock exhaust flows very well for the engine ,were looking for sound at this point ,changing the downpipes will give you a nice power bump and great sound getting rid of those restrictive cats.
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals

Last edited by Whipple; 06-01-2020 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
936F0631.50