BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-29-2019, 12:05 AM   #1
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
Just ordered a soul performance exhaust

Haven't read too much about it on the forums, but the general consensus is that people love this brand (for Porsches/Mclarens, etc) so i'm looking forward to checking it out. I'll post with my feedback here in a week's time once the order is built/received.

I have the Comp pack so while the exhaust does sound a lot better in sport plus, I still think it could be louder. Hopefully, this will strike the right sound note i'm looking for!
Appreciate 1
mikerx5461.00
      08-29-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
bluflaggz
Rep
Drives: R.I.P E39 M5

I have it too, but paired with catless downpipes. Car sounds great IMO.
Please update us on your fitment, with pictures. I’m not happy with the fitment on mine. Made adjustments, but it’s still not where I need it to be. Sometimes I feel like it rattles against my Diffuser when I’m driving.
Attached Images

Last edited by bluflaggz; 08-31-2019 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 08:08 AM   #3
phan
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 35d, M5 SC'd, M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluflaggz View Post
Please update us on your fitment, with pictures. I’m not happy with the fitment on mine. Made adjustments, but it’s still not where I need it to be. Sometimes I feel like it rattles against my Diffuser when I’m driving.
do you have any pics of the poor fitment?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 10:41 AM   #4
XSTAR_007
Private
Rep
Drives: M6GC

I bought my M6 GC and it had the Soul performance exhaust. Cold starts are wild and overall for the price (vs the insane cost of some of the full systems) it sounds good. I had an AMG with a wild set-up prior today the M6 so I’m a bit bias as the AMG just sounded incredible. To my ear I will say the exhaust does have some drone at steady low RPM’s. That makes me hesitant to do cat-less DP’s honestly. I don’t do a lot of long trips but if I did the exhaust may not be ideal.

IG: rwb_007_

I’m sure I have a clip or two on my phone I can share if you DM me.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
XSTAR_007
Private
Rep
Drives: M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluflaggz View Post
I’m curious how it sounds with catless downpipes! Does it drone? Did you code out cold starts as I bet it’s loud!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 04:27 PM   #6
bluflaggz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSTAR_007 View Post
I’m curious how it sounds with catless downpipes! Does it drone? Did you code out cold starts as I bet it’s loud!
Oh it gets loud... I did the cold start delete.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 07:49 AM   #7
ikenjoku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i

Garage List
2014 f13 M6  [0.00]
Don't mean to thread jack but why do you guys buy this product when you can literally get the same results by going to an exhaust shop and getting a muffler delete and some tips for around $2-300? When I asked one of the sales reps about the difference he basically said that the only difference is the finish? Why not save yourself $900+ while getting the exact sound you want? It's not like they still give you control over your valves. Are the soul exhaust tips really that much better than what you get from eBay?? I'm not an exhaust expert or anything. I just did some research and am confused about why people are willingly getting finessed for a fancy muffler delete.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 07:01 PM   #8
bluflaggz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenjoku7 View Post
Don't mean to thread jack but why do you guys buy this product when you can literally get the same results by going to an exhaust shop and getting a muffler delete and some tips for around $2-300? When I asked one of the sales reps about the difference he basically said that the only difference is the finish? Why not save yourself $900+ while getting the exact sound you want? It's not like they still give you control over your valves. Are the soul exhaust tips really that much better than what you get from eBay?? I'm not an exhaust expert or anything. I just did some research and am confused about why people are willingly getting finessed for a fancy muffler delete.
I feel you. The soul does have a small resonator pipe that helps reduce the bad droning you get with a simple muffler delete. I purchased because of the added resonator. I agree that it’s a little expensive, but I think every aftermarket part for our vehicles are inflated.
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #9
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
Because of the fitment and of some research/testing done to get a better sound output (less droning) than a normal muffer delete. Happy to pay that premium for a quality product. I'll report back next week when the pipe gets in!
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #10
Dkhan22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

It’s just a muffler delete... no need to pay a premium.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #11
malcoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC BSM/SO

I'd like to see some pix and hear sound clips with stock downpipes. The Turner exhaust that I have does drone a bit and it is a simple muffler delete, but it fits better and is better built than just cut and weld straight pipes... the Soul is not a simple muffler delete it has resonators built in to reduce drone... at least that is what they market....
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #12
quick6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Looking forward to the report-hoping its not too, too loud.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:57 PM   #13
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick6 View Post
Looking forward to the report-hoping its not too, too loud.
Its not gonna even be close to too loud you will want it louder
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 06:36 PM   #14
quick6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Picked up some nice burbles and backfires from the VF tune installed recently and have the comp exhaust-just thinking the Soul might be too much for everyday.
Appreciate 0