BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #45
Z4Tampa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 Z4

My first time captured on video

I never thought my first time would be filmed :-) I picked up my Z4 the day they were shooting for this video. It was an absolutely marvelous day. I think the gentleman doing the unveiling was more excited than I was. But when he walked me down the steps and presented my auto, I was like WOW! From that day forward and everytime I get behind the wheel, I find myself saying WOW.

Thank you BMW for adding me to this video and most importantly creating The Ultimate Driving Machine!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #46
SUMO12
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMW2315
Quote:
Originally Posted by professor_yo
Very nice. Wish we had something like that in the states.
We kind of do. Performance Center Delivery.
I definitely agree
I was there this this past Monday. Had a blast there pushing the 550 through the curves as fast as I could manage with windows down.

Oh drove from Spartanburg and in Chicago now heading to AZ, I can not wait till I engage the twist and turns in Colorado

1400 miles so far and I smile every time I push the start button.

Oh
I picked up F10 535
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #47
Northx
Private
Rep
Drives: 128

like it was yesterday

In a month it will be four years since my ED. The whole trip was a surprise for my girlfriend - I had her convinced we were going to the Welt for a museum/factor tour. Asked her to marry me on that trip. Can't see the Welt without remembering it all and getting mushy. If you have the time, it's the only way to go.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #48
spellbmw
Feuertrunken
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY10 135i 6MT

Oh yea! Freude am Fahren!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegh
Everyday I drive the car.
Driving a BMW...or riding a BMW motorcycle ....you cannot help but feel joy.... And admire their passion for engineering the ultimate driving machine.
      04-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #49
benha
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
That video gets me more excited for 5/2 when I take delivery of my first M3 at the Welt. Two weeks!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #50
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Tampa View Post
I never thought my first time would be filmed :-) I picked up my Z4 the day they were shooting for this video. It was an absolutely marvelous day. I think the gentleman doing the unveiling was more excited than I was. But when he walked me down the steps and presented my auto, I was like WOW! From that day forward and everytime I get behind the wheel, I find myself saying WOW.

Thank you BMW for adding me to this video and most importantly creating The Ultimate Driving Machine!
Very cool! And now you have an official BMW produced video momento from your delivery
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #51
Ivan_Sal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, 340iX (Sold)

Breaking in my 135i by driving to Switzerland, Lichtenstein, France and then taking it for some laps on the Nurburgring..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #52
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northx View Post
In a month it will be four years since my ED. The whole trip was a surprise for my girlfriend - I had her convinced we were going to the Welt for a museum/factor tour. Asked her to marry me on that trip. Can't see the Welt without remembering it all and getting mushy. If you have the time, it's the only way to go.
Such a cool story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ///M3 RD View Post
When at Die Weld I could see the smiles on so many fine people taking delivery ... my only concern would be when doing ED would be "where does one park this fine spanking brand new car at night and still get some sleep"

So my choice has always been taking delivery locally.
You'd be just fine. As long as you're in Munich you can park at the Welt and take public transportation to your hotel. It's a little inconvenient, but I slept well knowing my car was safe and sound.

Outside of Munich, just choose your parking carefully and you'll be good.

This might just be the best parking spot in all of Germany - and it just happens to be at the Welt.

Finding a place to wash my car by hand was more challenging than finding parking. But thanks to this forum I was able to do that, too.

Oh - and at 0:07 in the video - I guess my car HAS possibly seen a machine car wash after all. I guess it's a forgivable offense since everything about the experience was spectacular. I never in my life though I'd be able to do European Delivery. Amazing!!!
Appreciate 0