Today, 09:51 AM   #11749
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Yeah, because the federal government has always been so good at things in the past.....
You come from a view that government is all bad. I don't and there have been some very good government run programs in history, especially US history in regards to public health etc. If you want to ignore what could be done, but isn't is obviously your right, but it doesn't make you right.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:57 AM   #11750
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
please provide stats as last time.I check we done 4x more test adjusted by percentage of global population.
No problem:

Name:  statista.JPG
Views: 22
Size:  48.6 KB

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ies-worldwide/

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:05 AM   #11751
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
When dealing with a situation in which profits don't align with the work that needs to be done, yes, they are positioned to do a better job. Whether they can get out of their pwn partisan way is another issue entirely. But the model of a Federal level response to a nation-wide issue that private industry is not monetarily incentivized to fix and whose complexity and need for coordination elevates it above what individual states can manage, is sound.
There in lies the problem sir - I agree with you that the theory of the problem and the theory of how government 'should' work makes sense here.

The problem is that reality is vastly different and that the federal government doesn't exactly have a very good track record of doing the right thing, the correct thing, or anything that will affect positive change.

There are exceptions - but overall, the federal government just simply sucks.

Today, 10:09 AM   #11752
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Still the largest population in the top 4
      Today, 10:13 AM   #11753
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
There in lies the problem sir - I agree with you that the theory of the problem and the theory of how government 'should' work makes sense here.

The problem is that reality is vastly different and that the federal government doesn't exactly have a very good track record of doing the right thing, the correct thing, or anything that will affect positive change.

There are exceptions - but overall, the federal government just simply sucks.
Any level of government (national, state, local) will always have problems. Private industry has problems. Clearly we cant abandon that all so we are forced to work within the structure we have and to demand better. In the case of global pandemic I stand by my assertion that a coordinated national response is better than a hodge-podge of for-profit private industry and independent states all scrambling around in an uncoordinated effort.
Appreciate 1
minn197113.50

Today, 11:45 AM   #11754
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Still the largest population in the top 4
It's okay to admit you were wrong; it makes you a better person.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0