BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-08-2023, 06:21 PM   #23
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron95 View Post
That’s insane. They arrested you on a misdemeanor
Tickets were in PA, When I moved from MA to CT there was reciprocity between PA and MA triggering CT to not issue me a CT drivers license. So PA had tagged 10 years of penalties on resulting in 6 months of license suspension. This very long story short, lawyers couldn't fix this in PA. Between the cost of hiring drivers and the companies that fired me plus legal fees and lawyer fees, my tax returns show this whole mess cost me around $100,000.00. Would have been worse if a kind woman in the PA DMV would not have given me a military exemption which made the charges in PA go away. The trial in MA some how the charges of driving without a license became a misdemeanor and after all that I walked out with fine of $500.00. Thirty years later I'm still not laughing about this.
Appreciate 2
baron951703.50
KRS_SN13531.00
      12-08-2023, 06:39 PM   #24
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Trust me on this now, the world does not remotely care that Martha Stewart is a former convict.

To gain perspective on the fact, note her string of post-release professional successes. In summary, the people who are her fans and who buy her products (I'm not among them) simply do not care about what today is considered ancient history.

I suspect most are not even aware of Ms. Stewart's two decades ago four-month timeout. And if they were informed of what Ms. Stewart did while she was jailed, her stock with her fans would rise noticeably.

Regard it as you will, this is reality in early 21st century America when it comes to celebrities regularly producing very bigly for their most devoted fans.
I care and I'm sure there are others. Just like I care, for example, that Chris Brown acted like a caveman bashing in Rihanna's face.

...but, anyway, it doesn't matter either way as I'm not into her/his stuff at all pre- or post-conviction.

Yup, Yankeeland has been quite superficial and ludicrous, how else can a girl who got her sextape 'accidentally' released suddenly become super-famous, w her family tagging along? Just inexplicable.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 06:52 PM   #25
Jbrown7403
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I know someone who was arrested for urinating on a Pontiac Aztec.....
One should be arrested for NOT urinating on a Pontiac Aztec!
Appreciate 6
vreihen1615268.00
baron951703.50
Buug95917400.50
KRS_SN13531.00
      12-08-2023, 06:53 PM   #26
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I care and I'm sure there are others. Just like I care, for example, that Chris Brown acted like a caveman bashing in Rihanna's face.
Like so many who have never heard of Martha Stewart, I have no idea who Chris Brown is nor who Rihanna is.

My intersection with Stewart's drama was in the context of the Dot Com blow-up / blame game.

And so it goes.

As always, real life is something completely different, and I remain a huge fan of real life.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 06:58 PM   #27
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrown7403 View Post
One should be arrested for NOT urinating on a Pontiac Aztec!
I was thinking that, he should've instead gotten a citizen's trophy or something for improving that monstrosity lol.

Quote:
Like so many who have never heard of Martha Stewart, I have no idea who Chris Brown is nor who Rihanna is.

My intersection with Stewart's drama was in the context of the Dot Com blow-up / blame game.

And so it goes.

As always, real life is something completely different, and I remain a huge fan of real life.
Not sure what you meant there.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 07:01 PM   #28
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Not sure what you meant there.
I understand.

Best.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 07:03 PM   #29
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I understand.

Best.
Whoa, did you just go all cryptic on me? Why not be direct?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 08:23 PM   #30
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
She was imprisoned as an example...though honestly, I think I have more respect for her now than before.
Because she has street cred for doing hard time?
      12-08-2023, 08:27 PM   #31
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Bwhaha, gangsta Martha, don't mess, Snoop's got her back, so that means Crips also
Appreciate 1
bosstones1154.00
      12-08-2023, 08:34 PM   #32
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Bwhaha, gangsta Martha, don't mess, Snoop's got her back, so that means Crips also
You know she held down the block!
      12-08-2023, 11:54 PM   #33
baron95
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Tickets were in PA, When I moved from MA to CT there was reciprocity between PA and MA triggering CT to not issue me a CT drivers license. So PA had tagged 10 years of penalties on resulting in 6 months of license suspension. This very long story short, lawyers couldn't fix this in PA. Between the cost of hiring drivers and the companies that fired me plus legal fees and lawyer fees, my tax returns show this whole mess cost me around $100,000.00. Would have been worse if a kind woman in the PA DMV would not have given me a military exemption which made the charges in PA go away. The trial in MA some how the charges of driving without a license became a misdemeanor and after all that I walked out with fine of $500.00. Thirty years later I'm still not laughing about this.
Holy F#%¥, man - sorry to hear about that. What an unnecessary nightmare!

Meanwhile I just watched a YouTube of this woman who had 96 convictions, including 52 for larceny, she got sentenced for crime #97 plus failing to surrender for crimes 94, 95, 96 and her total sentence was 5 days with credit of 2 served.

You picked the wrong criminal career for sure. Should have gone with stealing. No one goes to jail for that.
      12-09-2023, 12:03 AM   #34
baron95
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Quote:
Haha. It was not hard time. Five months in a minimal security “prison camp”. Much better life than boys scouts camp.

They had nothing on her. If she had not talked to the FBI the bogus chsrges would not happen.

I’ve never watched any or her shows and never bought any of her stuff, but I’m very happy that she didn’t let the federal gvmt ruin her life and is taking in nearly a billion/year gross.
      12-09-2023, 12:57 AM   #35
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

I got a stupid reason. Me and my best friend turned 18 one day apart from each other and decided to go to a massage parlor in Hollywood. So we got drunk, I was driving, and I pulled over to the side of the road so we could decide which massage parlor to go to and then we both passed out, which was probably a good thing because I may have killed us.

We woke up to the cops, checking us out and questioning us on why we were sitting in a car passed out. We had no good explanation so they arrested us for public intoxication and took us to jail. Lucky I didn’t get a DUI. Our fine was $25.00 each. I payed our fines. Obviously we never made it to the massage parlor and we never tried again. He ended up being the best man at my wedding. True story.
KRS_SN13531.00
      12-11-2023, 08:47 AM   #36
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Haha. It was not hard time. Five months in a minimal security “prison camp”. Much better life than boys scouts camp.

They had nothing on her. If she had not talked to the FBI the bogus chsrges would not happen.

I’ve never watched any or her shows and never bought any of her stuff, but I’m very happy that she didn’t let the federal gvmt ruin her life and is taking in nearly a billion/year gross.
I know but your reality injection detracts from the mythos of her doing time at all. Plus, one might argue that living off of basically cafeteria food and canteen might constitute hard time in her mind. No morning pumpkin spice latte, espresso, etc ...

I see you didn't dispute my assertion that she held down her block, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I got a stupid reason. Me and my best friend turned 18 one day apart from each other and decided to go to a massage parlor in Hollywood. So we got drunk, I was driving, and I pulled over to the side of the road so we could decide which massage parlor to go to and then we both passed out, which was probably a good thing because I may have killed us.

We woke up to the cops, checking us out and questioning us on why we were sitting in a car passed out. We had no good explanation so they arrested us for public intoxication and took us to jail. Lucky I didn’t get a DUI. Our fine was $25.00 each. I payed our fines. Obviously we never made it to the massage parlor and we never tried again. He ended up being the best man at my wedding. True story.
So, $25 happy endings.
      12-11-2023, 02:42 PM   #37
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
one might argue that living off of basically cafeteria food and canteen might constitute hard time in her mind. No morning pumpkin spice latte, espresso, etc ...
She never struck me as the kind of person to cry herself to sleep every night. More of when the going gets tough, the tough get going sort, I would think.

At a current net worth of ~$400 million, I think she succeeded in using the whole "Kick 'em when they're down, Kick 'em when they're up, Kick 'em all around" thing to her advantage. Some people are just able to do that.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 03:18 PM   #38
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Didn't know Martha would cause so much controversy...or have such closet fans lol.

Anyway, she was already filthy rich before and after her conviction, that's not really the pt. Not as if the govt seized all her assets. She just could've been a lot better as obviously brands aren't that eager to have her onboard due to being a former criminal, that's all. Now, some ppl don't care just cuz she's still rich but I thought it was silly to save a few bucks and tarnish her rep like that and now she can't be in the limelight anymore.

Last edited by tranquility; 12-11-2023 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
dradernh4411.50
      12-11-2023, 04:18 PM   #39
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.87]
Quote:
Holy F#%¥, man - sorry to hear about that. What an unnecessary nightmare!
During this nightmare there was a doctor in CT with a bunch of DWI's, he got the “WORK-ONLY exception” was driving drunk and killed a family. Because I was caught between states a work exception was not available to me. So when the DMV tells you to inform them of address changes you better pay attention.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 04:46 PM   #40
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

How about the stupidest reason you weren't arrested?

In Louisanna I was cruising at 90 mph on I-10 when a Silver lexus pulled up behind me and had a red and blue flashing light on his dashboard. Assuming it was some dork with eBay police lights trying to be funny I took off on him.

A mile or so down the road is a Louisanna State patrol SUV waiting for me with all the his police lights on. Needless to say I was thinking of who to call when I got to jail.

The statie got me stopped then the lexus pulled up and a uniformed officer got out. Quietly wrote me a ticket for 90/65 and dismissed me with no other comment.

Still have no idea why they didn't pin me for fleeing but they got $700 out my wallet.
      12-11-2023, 05:04 PM   #41
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post

In Louisanna I was cruising at 90 mph on I-10 when a Silver lexus pulled up behind me and had a red and blue flashing light on his dashboard. Assuming it was some dork with eBay police lights trying to be funny I took off on him.

A mile or so down the road is a Louisanna State patrol SUV waiting for me with all the his police lights on. Needless to say I was thinking of who to call when I got to jail.

The statie got me stopped then the lexus pulled up and a uniformed officer got out. Quietly wrote me a ticket for 90/65 and dismissed me with no other comment.

Still have no idea why they didn't pin me for fleeing but they got $700 out my wallet.
Damn, you got off light.

I always assumed they only use domestic vehicles, guess it's a wrong assumption.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2023, 05:07 PM   #42
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

Quote:
Damn, you got off light.

I always assumed they only use domestic vehicles, guess it's a wrong assumption.
Best guess I've ever gotten was I had Texas plates in Louisiana and Texas does not use unmarked cars. Ghost cars but not unmarked unless it's a very specific operation, not traffic.

FYI, North Carolina uses non-domestic unmarked cars but those have police lights everywhere not just the dash board. Unless they're lit up you can't sniff them out easily.
      12-11-2023, 05:37 PM   #43
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:

Lucky you. You could've got reckless driving as well which might've landed you in jail.

My $25 fine was nothing compared to your $700 ticket and it could've ended up so much worse for me. Well, I took that as a serious warning and promised myself I would never drink and drive again. That was more than 50 years ago and I kept my promise. I could've killed myself and my best friend, or killed someone else.
      12-11-2023, 06:40 PM   #44
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Didn't know Martha would cause so much controversy...or have such closet fans lol.

Anyway, she was already filthy rich before and after her conviction, that's not really the pt.

Not as if the govt seized all her assets.
Hey, I am always down for a rehash of a decades-old celebrity drama.

As far as the bux go, some have it, some don't, and some know how to pile the stuff up without even appearing to work very hard for it.

Based upon her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2023 cover, I'd have to agree with you!

Quote:
wrote me a ticket for 90/65

they got $700 out my wallet.
Given the state, I'm surprised it was that high. I was hit with the same numbers in New Hampshire in 2008, and I paid $361.

After she spent fifteen minutes shouting at me and carrying-on, I thought it was nice of the officer to write it up that way. The real numbers were 102/55, and I think she was headed off-shift and did not want spend the time it was going to take to impound the car and (maybe?) go to court right afterwards. I did have to promise her that I wouldn't contest the ticket. Not sure how I could successfully have done that, but that's not my MO anyway. I was just glad she stopped shouting at me!

I spent most of my life in California and can only imagine how much it would cost today for a 25-over ticket, much less a 47-over ticket.
Appreciate 1
Esteban43733.00