BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      12-03-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
MMMM6GC
New Member
9
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

F06 on BAT

Came across this heavily optioned / tricked out M6GC on Bring a Trailer - belong to anyone here?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ign=2019-12-03

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3691
Rep
10,320
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Yeah, I saw it. Interested to see what it ends up at. It's an awesome combo of colors, options and add-ons. It's very similar to my car minus the audio system.

If he gets mid-50s, I'm sell my car on BaT.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 02:49 PM   #3
MMMM6GC
New Member
9
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Yeah, I saw it. Interested to see what it ends up at. It's an awesome combo of colors, options and add-ons. It's very similar to my car minus the audio system.

If he gets mid-50s, I'm sell my car on BaT.
That would be amazing, but also not impossible because the sticker price alone beggars belief on that one - over $160k!

I'm really interested to see what impact the mods have because usually they don't go down too well on BAT (after market sound system, tune, etc). Compound that with the fact it's a pre-LCI MY14 car, but then the mileage is crazy low at 11k, I can't begin to guess where it'll end up...but agreed the higher the better!

Hope to see more F06's on BAT...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #4
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
NorthCountryGuy's Avatar
1215
Rep
311
Posts

Drives: M6, E70, F02
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Iím right here...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
A very, very fair price.
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe Sakhir Orange Metallic / Sakhir Orange \ Black Merino - The Prince
2013 X5 LCI 35i Jet Black / Black SensaTec - The Horse
2013 X5 LCI 35i Space Grey Metallic / Black Nevada // SA Pkg - Daughterís
2013 750Li LCI xDrive Dark Graphite Metallic / Black Napa // M Sport & Exec. Pkgs - Sonís
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:54 PM   #5
jjasonSU
Second Lieutenant
90
Rep
242
Posts

Drives: 650i, NSX
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

Beautifully done.
That original sticker is crazy!! $160k!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #6
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3691
Rep
10,320
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

$48! Ouch. Good thing he had a reserve. Typical for a low volume car, you got to wait for the right buyer to come in and pay your price. I'm confident he could get $55

Last edited by Flying Ace; 12-03-2019 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 07:58 AM   #7
thebmw
Post Advisor
thebmw's Avatar
318
Rep
973
Posts

Drives: Many BMWs and SRTs
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

For entertainment purposes, I looked at the wholesale price for an 2014 M6 Gran Coupe with 11 K miles, the wholesale price is 43k in great condition. Well optioned ones are worth a little more and less optioned ones are worth a little less. Unfortunately for sellers, well optioned ones do not yield substantially more on the used market, especially when they are six years old..

As mentioned before, mods don't usually translate well. Sometimes they actually cause a depreciation in price. But in this case, the mod does not affect the engine or transmission. So maybe the sound system is worth a few thousand dollars in price now. I would expect the seller to get 50k. I think 55k would be a little bit of the stretch given the market. The problem with 48k on BAT is the seller gets less than 45k after fees.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2019, 07:50 PM   #8
MMMM6GC
New Member
9
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
For entertainment purposes, I looked at the wholesale price for an 2014 M6 Gran Coupe with 11 K miles, the wholesale price is 43k in great condition. Well optioned ones are worth a little more and less optioned ones are worth a little less. Unfortunately for sellers, well optioned ones do not yield substantially more on the used market, especially when they are six years old..

As mentioned before, mods don't usually translate well. Sometimes they actually cause a depreciation in price. But in this case, the mod does not affect the engine or transmission. So maybe the sound system is worth a few thousand dollars in price now. I would expect the seller to get 50k. I think 55k would be a little bit of the stretch given the market. The problem with 48k on BAT is the seller gets less than 45k after fees.
Great insight. From the comments the CA Smog ineligibility seemed to be a sticking point and in this case the mods may have bitten the seller on the ass. Out of curiosity - if you ever get the chance would you share what the wholesale would be on the same car but 45k miles?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #9
thebmw
Post Advisor
thebmw's Avatar
318
Rep
973
Posts

Drives: Many BMWs and SRTs
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
Great insight. From the comments the CA Smog ineligibility seemed to be a sticking point and in this case the mods may have bitten the seller on the ass. Out of curiosity - if you ever get the chance would you share what the wholesale would be on the same car but 45k miles?
Are you sure you really want to know?! Wholesale is about $36k for very good condition with 45k miles. So if you got $40k, I think that would be very good. I'm just the messenger!
Appreciate 2
      12-05-2019, 05:08 AM   #10
MMMM6GC
New Member
9
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Are you sure you really want to know?! Wholesale is about $36k for very good condition with 45k miles. So if you got $40k, I think that would be very good. I'm just the messenger!
Thank you - that's exactly as expected actually! I wouldn't have asked if it was going to make me cringe

The dealer I picked mine up from showed their purchase and selling price to me ($37k and $40k respectively). Good to know those figures align with Manheim/retail, and they were being relatively transparent.

As much as I would like the figure to be higher, the depreciation was a big reason the F06 was an attractive prospect, so much car for the money.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 01:26 AM   #11
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3691
Rep
10,320
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Are you sure you really want to know?! Wholesale is about $36k for very good condition with 45k miles. So if you got $40k, I think that would be very good. I'm just the messenger!
Ouch! Didn't expect 2014s to drop that fast. IMO, 2014s are at a sweet spot. I don't expect them to drop below $30k for at least another 2 more years.

I bought mine for $63k in late 2017. Back then, a good deal is around $57k, wholesale at that time was $55k.

Ultimately, this was what I expected, and I knew that's what I could afford. I knew the car was going to depreciate $10k a year for 2018 and 2019.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST