BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-02-2022, 11:01 PM   #6711
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
You do know he didn't pack those boxes, yes? They were packed by GAO staff. He probably didn't even know what was in the boxes. All presidents have the power to classify and declassify any documents.
Ask Sedan what happens when suspects resist. All Trump had to do is forward what he had, and perhaps all this would have been a non-issue. Where does the buck stop, at the lowest staffer?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 11:12 PM   #6712
rwheels
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
From WJS article:

103 classified documents out of 13,097 items seized by FBI -- this is < 1%. They are taking about *EMPTY* folders - *MOST* of them marked "classified" - sounds fishy ...
Using your own attachment, you will see that there were 103 classified documents, and 90 empty folders, most of them marked "classified"; begging the question, what happened to the contents? What sounds fishy is your interpretation.
Attached Images

Last edited by rwheels; 09-02-2022 at 11:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2022, 12:30 AM   #6713
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Quote:
You do know he didn't pack those boxes, yes? They were packed by GAO staff. He probably didn't even know what was in the boxes. All presidents have the power to classify and declassify any documents.
Ask Sedan what happens when suspects resist. All Trump had to do is forward what he had, and perhaps all this would have been a non-issue. Where does the buck stop, at the lowest staffer?
Per the DOJ/FBI, Trump was already cooperating months prior to this raid. This was honestly a political stunt.
Appreciate 2
scostu1623.00
      09-03-2022, 10:12 AM   #6714
rwheels
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Per the DOJ/FBI, Trump was already cooperating months prior to this raid. This was honestly a political stunt.
Considering this is about the only source I could find, I do have my doubts as to cooperation.
Trump was already cooperating with National Archives, so why the dramatic, unprecedented raid?
https://www.jihadwatch.org/2022/08/trump-was-already-cooperating-with-national-archives-so-why-the-dramatic-unprecedented-raid

A political stunt caused by his own (in)actions. For the sake of argument, let's ignore these documents, or how they got where they were found, tell me your opinion abut what happened on Jan 6. Political stunt, or not?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 11:22 AM   #6715
SRod321
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp

Garage List
2017 M3  [8.50]
Oh jesus, this is an "ask a cop thread" not a "Bill Maher vs Don Bongino" thread....can we get back on topic and leave the politics discussions for a separate "strictly politics" thread instead of hijacking this one?
Appreciate 4
T0RM3NT3761.00
sygazelle11499.50
      09-03-2022, 11:50 AM   #6716
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Most independent news sources say that is completely not true. what is your department of justice/FBI source?

William Barr (!) suggests Trump "deceived" the government over classified records

"They jawboned for a year, they were deceived on the voluntary actions taken... The facts are starting to show they were being jerked around, so how long do they wait?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ords-rcna46133

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...4CXkfg2OE3rOHQ
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 12:23 PM   #6717
rwheels
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRod321 View Post
Oh jesus, this is an "ask a cop thread" not a "Bill Maher vs Don Bongino" thread....can we get back on topic and leave the politics discussions for a separate "strictly politics" thread instead of hijacking this one?
Of all the threads you could contribute to, you are here.
Sorry, what was your "ask cop anything" question?
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615500.50
________4161.50
      09-03-2022, 12:42 PM   #6718
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
I'm on my phone, harder to highlight what I want to highlight. But I got the context right.
No. You didn't.

This has nothing to do with the difficulty of highlighting specific words because you are on your phone. What you did do however is reply to me, then take a few of my words and rearranged them in a completely different order to suggest that I had said something I had not as a subquote. That has nothing to do with highlighting anything. You made zero effort to actually quote me, and a reasonable effort to pretend I had said something I hadn't.

Do better.

Feel free to read what I said and tell me what about it suggests some sort of alt right biased news source.
no, I was correct
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 12:45 PM   #6719
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
So emails from big government to big tech have been procured, and within these emails it has now been revealed without a doubt that the Biden administration has lobbied/mandated big tech to censor free speech and political opponents. This is a whopper! Talk about dictatorial behavior.

I worry about how law enforcement on a state/county/municipal level will be weaponized for political use. We already see how the FBI is being utilized as a political weapon. This is scary stuff.
Source?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 01:00 PM   #6720
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Reminder that BP has deleted the politics and religion section of this site, and warned everyone that discussions on either subject are grounds for thread deletion and users being sent to banned camp. Let's get this thread back on subject, namely asking police questions about their jobs and laws.....
Buug95917929.50
Sedan_Clan25211.50
      09-03-2022, 01:18 PM   #6721
rwheels
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Reminder that BP has deleted the politics and religion section of this site, and warned everyone that discussions on either subject are grounds for thread deletion and users being sent to banned camp. Let's get this thread back on subject, namely asking police questions about their jobs and laws.....
Unfortunately what closed the politic threads is the fact that "grown adults" did not know how to be cordial, and took things way too personal . My questions to Sedan have been out of interest to his views, and not meant to incite. But I agree, before the thread draws flies, I will stop this line of questioning.
I do have an "ask a cop anything" question, however. In a ride-along, where do you do you drop off said passenger on an emergency call, or do you take them with you?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 02:24 PM   #6722
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately what closed the politic threads is the fact that "grown adults" did not know how to be cordial, and took things way too personal . My questions to Sedan have been out of interest to his views, and not meant to incite. But I agree, before the thread draws flies, I will stop this line of questioning.
I do have an "ask a cop anything" question, however. In a ride-along, where do you do you drop off said passenger on an emergency call, or do you take them with you?
The ride-a-long goes wherever I go. It is not uncommon for things to happen with a ride-a-long on board; criminals are unpredictable y'know?!? It is for that reason some departments won't allow many civilian ride-a-longs despite the individual signing a release of liability waiver. A good lawyer will poke holes in those waivers. Most of our ride-a-longs are either applicants who are in the hiring process, Sheriff's Department Explorers or sworn custody Deputies who are preparing to transition into a patrol oriented role in the field (…e.g….finally becoming "real" cops ). When a ride-a-long is with you who is not already sworn, you try not to find anything that might escalate quickly and/or you hope something doesn't find you, but again, criminals are unpredictable.
Appreciate 6
________4161.50
scostu1623.00
rwheels7066.50
      09-03-2022, 04:54 PM   #6723
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
The ride-a-long goes wherever I go. It is not uncommon for things to happen with a ride-a-long on board; criminals are unpredictable y'know?!? It is for that reason some departments won't allow many civilian ride-a-longs despite the individual signing a release of liability waiver. A good lawyer will poke holes in those waivers. Most of our ride-a-longs are either applicants who are in the hiring process, Sheriff's Department Explorers or sworn custody Deputies who are preparing to transition into a patrol oriented role in the field (…e.g….finally becoming "real" cops). When a ride-a-long is with you who is not already sworn, you try not to find anything that might escalate quickly and/or you hope something doesn't find you, but again, criminals are unpredictable.
Curious about the ride along. Does that person sit in the back seat? Is he locked in? I don't think I'd like that much.

And if you arrest someone what if there is two cops in front does the ride along sit in back with the perp?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25211.50
      09-03-2022, 06:11 PM   #6724
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Quote:
The ride-a-long goes wherever I go. It is not uncommon for things to happen with a ride-a-long on board; criminals are unpredictable y'know?!? It is for that reason some departments won't allow many civilian ride-a-longs despite the individual signing a release of liability waiver. A good lawyer will poke holes in those waivers. Most of our ride-a-longs are either applicants who are in the hiring process, Sheriff's Department Explorers or sworn custody Deputies who are preparing to transition into a patrol oriented role in the field (…e.g….finally becoming "real" cops). When a ride-a-long is with you who is not already sworn, you try not to find anything that might escalate quickly and/or you hope something doesn't find you, but again, criminals are unpredictable.
Curious about the ride along. Does that person sit in the back seat? Is he locked in? I don't think I'd like that much.

And if you arrest someone what if there is two cops in front does the ride along sit in back with the perp?
The ride-a-long sits in the front passenger seat and usually wears a vest indicating they are a civilian or an observer; sworn custody Deputy ride-a-longs are armed and ready to go (…just without the field experience).
Appreciate 3
jamesinaz1666.50
vreihen1615500.50
      09-03-2022, 07:02 PM   #6725
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
As someone who is *not* LEO, I'm thinking that the COPS TV show procedure is common. They call for a second patrol car (or the paddy wagon) to transport anyone taken into custody, so that they're not mixing arrested people with camera/sound crew or civilian ride-alongs.

I know that our town's PD offered ride-alongs before COVID, but they stopped during the pandemic. It might be worth checking to see when/if they plan to offer them again at some point, although I probably wouldn't go unless it was just a few hours and not a full shift.....
      09-03-2022, 07:11 PM   #6726
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
As someone who is *not* LEO, I'm thinking that the COPS TV show procedure is common. They call for a second patrol car (or the paddy wagon) to transport anyone taken into custody, so that they're not mixing arrested people with camera/sound crew or civilian ride-alongs.

I know that our town's PD offered ride-alongs before COVID, but they stopped during the pandemic. It might be worth checking to see when/if they plan to offer them again at some point, although I probably wouldn't go unless it was just a few hours and not a full shift.....
I have a feeling a ride along in my area would be dull. Most excitement would be domestics and I really don't want to see that.

And i think our LE here where I live is pretty decent all in all. I wasn't happy with how they targeted hispanic looking people under Joe Arpaiou (sp). But other wise I'm OK with how they do their job.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615500.50
      09-03-2022, 07:35 PM   #6727
bayarea328xit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)

Removed to stay on topic ...
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 09:15 PM   #6728
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I have a feeling a ride along in my area would be dull. Most excitement would be domestics and I really don't want to see that.

And i think our LE here where I live is pretty decent all in all. I wasn't happy with how they targeted hispanic looking people under Joe Arpaiou (sp). But other wise I'm OK with how they do their job.
There were things I liked about Arpaio, including his "tough on crime and illegal immigration" approach. Out of curiosity, how were Hispanics targeted in your experience? I ask sincerely because on my experience with him and the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department. Many of the allegations lobbied against him at the time aren't very different than what other law enforcement officials experience when they actually try to combat crime. LAPD is at a point where they are told to stand down when it comes to arresting blacks because everything is racist.
Appreciate 2
jmack550.00
      09-04-2022, 12:13 AM   #6729
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There were things I liked about Arpaio, including his "tough on crime and illegal immigration" approach. Out of curiosity, how were Hispanics targeted in your experience? I ask sincerely because on my experience with him and the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department. Many of the allegations lobbied against him at the time aren't very different than what other law enforcement officials experience when they actually try to combat crime. LAPD is at a point where they are told to stand down when it comes to arresting blacks because everything is racist.
Not doing a good job staying away from the politics, are we? That dude is a way out nut job
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 12:51 AM   #6730
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have a friend that used to come visit with us in the Guitar Store in Cave Creek, an area served by Maricopa Sheriffs dept. This friend is a retired career marine shot twice in combat serving our country. He was born and raised in Arizona. He also had a horse shoeing business on the side where he drives a pickup and tows a small trailer with tools of the trade. He is hispanic and his appearance is clearly hispanic.

When Joe started his own enforcement of illegal immigration his deputies targeted Hispanics driving pickups. He was stopped several times and basically given the evil eye. They did a double check on his ID etc. This happened to him at least 3 times. I lived in Cave Creek at the time. White guy. Driving a Mercedes. I have never been stopped by Maricopa PD.

I also witnessed deputies stopping a larger truck with trailer and having all the occupants sitting on the side of the road in the hot sun. Had to be about 15 of them lined up sitting on the dusty side of the road. Not sure what probable cause they had. Guessing they thought it was OK to just pull over hispanics in a work truck and start asking for their papers.

Look I liked tent city. I like his chain gangs. I liked the green bologna and pink underwear and all that stuff. But when he started this blatant harassment of people of hispanic appearance he crossed a line for me. And immigration enforcement isn't local LE's job. Note he was sued and lost costing us tax payers money. The evidence indicated my experience isn't unique. Now I'm OK if in the process if a legitimate arrest someone is arrested who doesn't speak English and has no ID contracting the FEDs. But this wasn't what was occurring.

I also want to point out I am very unhappy with the border controls as they stand. We should not be having over a million a year flood into our country. Biden and the DEMs that endorse sanctuary cities etc. should all be jailed for violation of their duty and basically sending a welcome mat to impoverished people in central America. So it isn't that I don't want controls. I just want it done properly.

Lastly he did sign off on my NFA back in the day so he did have that going for him.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 01:15 AM   #6731
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have a friend that used to come visit with us in the Guitar Store in Cave Creek, an area served by Maricopa Sheriffs dept. This friend is a retired career marine shot twice in combat serving our country. He was born and raised in Arizona. He also had a horse shoeing business on the side where he drives a pickup and tows a small trailer with tools of the trade. He is hispanic and his appearance is clearly hispanic.

When Joe started his own enforcement of illegal immigration his deputies targeted Hispanics driving pickups. He was stopped several times and basically given the evil eye. They did a double check on his ID etc. This happened to him at least 3 times. I lived in Cave Creek at the time. White guy. Driving a Mercedes. I have never been stopped by Maricopa PD.

I also witnessed deputies stopping a larger truck with trailer and having all the occupants sitting on the side of the road in the hot sun. Had to be about 15 of them lined up sitting on the dusty side of the road. Not sure what probable cause they had. Guessing they thought it was OK to just pull over hispanics in a work truck and start asking for their papers.

Look I liked tent city. I like his chain gangs. I liked the green bologna and pink underwear and all that stuff. But when he started this blatant harassment of people of hispanic appearance he crossed a line for me. And immigration enforcement isn't local LE's job. Note he was sued and lost costing us tax payers money. The evidence indicated my experience isn't unique. Now I'm OK if in the process if a legitimate arrest someone is arrested who doesn't speak English and has no ID contracting the FEDs. But this wasn't what was occurring.

I also want to point out I am very unhappy with the border controls as they stand. We should not be having over a million a year flood into our country. Biden and the DEMs that endorse sanctuary cities etc. should all be jailed for violation of their duty and basically sending a welcome mat to impoverished people in central America. So it isn't that I don't want controls. I just want it done properly.

Lastly he did sign off on my NFA back in the day so he did have that going for him.
Got it! I can understand your frustration and your discontent with how things look(ed) ostensibly, but do understand the perspective on illegal immigration, jurisdiction, etc. is very different from our vantage point. When the illegal immigrants, and to a larger degree….the cartels, are intertwined and partially responsible for the crime in your jurisdiction, it isn't something you can just overlook and ignore (…and subsequently wait for the Feds to address). We deal with the trafficking and the cartels (…and the associated gang and drug activity) where I patrol, and I'm not anywhere near the border. I can't even imagine having to deal with what we deal with twenty-fold. The cartel power is impressive.

As to the profiling…..

….yeah, I won't deny that your buddy was profiled, but we all do it (..even civilians). You didn't quite fit the criminal profile, so it is reasonable that you never dealt with law enforcement. Unfortunately, the border crime that agencies are addressing primarily consist of the diaspora from ethnically Hispanic regions. It's not so much racist as it is the reality.

The truck with the 15 occupants was likely detained for some Arizona vehicle code violation regarding passengers in the bed of the truck/trailer without federally-approved safety restraints, etc…….which is a valid violation, even here in California. That was enough to detain and check everybody out.
Appreciate 2
      09-04-2022, 10:55 AM   #6732
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just saw this video, and all that I can say is WOW!

Is this event just a Texas thing, or do motor officers all over the country host similar competitions?