BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-17-2020, 09:08 AM   #1
drs4life@comcast.net
Rep
Drives: 2016 F13 M6 Competition

ECS Tunning data breach & CC fraud

I just wanted to provide a heads up of my recent interaction while making a purchase from ECS tunning's website. on 8/17/2020, I used my credit card to make a purchase of some liqui molly for my car. everything seemed normal & on the up & up at this point. received the email verification of my purchase & went on to bed. a few hours later, I was awakened by a phone call directly from my bank followed by multiple txt's alerting me to possible fraudulent activity on my credit card. low and behold after logging into my accnt to review these charges, there was the charge from ECS (which I had autherized), as well as 3x additional charges also made that morning (which I DID NOT authorize).

working with my bank, I immediately canceled that account to prevent further fraud. This is when it got interesting. I did a google search on ECS tunning & credit card fraud & came across multiple posts referring to data breaches at their organization & folks experiencing credit card numbers being stolen after shopping with ECS tunning.

I called ECS this morning as well to alert them to the situation but as expected, I was met with palpable skepticism. either way, the representative stated that they're not aware of any security issues but will forward this onto their IT dept.
ymmv, this is not an accusation, just my experience with ECS tunning.
Jyst do a search on "ecs tunning credit card fraud" & dozens of hits will be returned...... if it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck....... you know the rest!

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrC...vG5W4E99zS.Vc-

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrC...I07fgzl._TE.8-
Appreciate 1
m34SPD306.50