BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-11-2020, 02:40 PM   #1
KauvSTi
Rep
Drives: M6, M8 Comp, S63, 720S, F8

Possible Group Buy New Shakir Orange Leather Seats For M6's

I started to have some heavy wear on my driver & passenger seat bolsters. Since I plan on keeping the car I went back to the Upholstery Shop that originally redid my center console flaps in the M6 and my E36 M3 years ago.

The owner of the shop purchased a lot of the original Shakir Orange Leather and told me he could build these in kits and mail them to people if anyone would be interested.

I attached a sneak peak of what he sent me, I asked if I could do the inner solid parts in black alcantara/suede to kinda make it look like the new M8.

I'm paying $2200 for both front seats installed he stated if they just manufacture the covers and ship them and got at least 5 he could do it at $1699 shipped. not sure if y'all would be interested if so let me know and I can DM his info to you..
Attached Images

DME Stage III, Catless Downpipes, SSP Basket & Clutches, 3.5" Custom Intakes & Eisenmann Race Exhaust

Last edited by KauvSTi; 06-11-2020 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
Petepacman
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Would it just be the front seats?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 06:46 PM   #3
KauvSTi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepacman View Post
Would it just be the front seats?
That's all I am getting done for now since my back seats are near perfect I am sure they can do the back seats as well.

DME Stage III, Catless Downpipes, SSP Basket & Clutches, 3.5" Custom Intakes & Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 05:17 PM   #4
m6NYC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé

Very interested in these. Was just thinking about seat options myself. Is Sakhir the only colored leather he's using? Would love at the very least 2 fronts in Zandvoort Beige. Please lmk if this would be possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 05:55 AM   #5
TomM6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6 individual

How can you be sure the leather quality and stitching will match the rest of the car? Did you see and feel the hides he has and they match the ones used on the car? Have you confirmed the stitching thread and style and quality? I would be concerned unless I had a sample and put it right next to my seat.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 02:55 PM   #6
KauvSTi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC View Post
Very interested in these. Was just thinking about seat options myself. Is Sakhir the only colored leather he's using? Would love at the very least 2 fronts in Zandvoort Beige. Please lmk if this would be possible.
Just asked to see if he can get the rest of the original colors, will keep you updated.

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 03:00 PM   #7
KauvSTi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM6 View Post
How can you be sure the leather quality and stitching will match the rest of the car? Did you see and feel the hides he has and they match the ones used on the car? Have you confirmed the stitching thread and style and quality? I would be concerned unless I had a sample and put it right next to my seat.
The quality is great, its nice and soft feels like it did when is was brand new. The color was a match to my head rest since I was not replacing those. My seats were slightly darker and you can tell they were worn. Here's a pic of the driver side.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:59 AM   #8
jimmy_F82
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F13 6MT

definitely interested! thank you for looking into this! can you DM me with info please? thank you
Appreciate 0