BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-27-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
Aliendex
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M6 F06

Pulling the trigger in the next weeks, exhaust options?

Hi guys,
Just sold my 640d a couple of days ago to pull the trigger on a 14' M6 F06 very well loaded that stays on my budget.

I'm a bit concerned about the exhaust note, because I have previously test driven some M6 with standard exhaust and, except the cold start, the car isn't really screaming out the V8 as I like.

Obviously coming from a diesel it's another world, but thinking about a petrol V8 engine with 560ponys so quite isn't the way I like it.
Some of you did the trick to the exhaust valve, but the difference is very marginal.

In this months I've watched a lot of YouTube videos with an insanely amount of different brand, none of them is cheap.

Sure, the RPi GTM is the best choice to go except the price, but deciding with my brain and not with my heart, I will like to do some cheap mods/swap first.

Anyone can suggest an exhaust system that doesn't have the price tag just because it's an M6?

I'm even open to hear if someone who would like to sell an used exhaust system.
BTW I'm located in Italy, so if anyone is selling from Europe would be nice.

Hopefully you will see the photos of the car soon, I love the M6 Grand Coupé!!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

I have AMS catless downpipes with Meistershaft GTC full exhaust,3.5 inch front to back,it sounds absolutely nuts in person it has a deep roar because of the larger pipes,Eisenmann race sound very similar but they have no valve control if you want it quiet on long trips
There really is no cheap exhaust for this car, speaking for the GTC exhaust you can really see why there so expensive when you have it in front of you the quality of the welds and piping is crazy,Akra Evo is another amazing exhaust but a little more on the quiet side but matched with catless downpipes wakes them up.
Your best bet is to watch the members classified for a used set for downpipes and exhaust system (this is what I did) but still be prepared to spend 3 to 4k on used, the quality stuff holds there value but then again its still less than half price new.Remember you get what you pay for.

Here is a clip of a vid that may inspire you,he has Eisenmann race and catless downpipes, RK intakes, tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
FullThrottle
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe, F10 M5

In Canada and I went the most economical route I have seen thus far. XS Power Downpipes which has 3.15 inch and fit with the stock heat shield for $279.99 US Dollars and Megan Racing Supremo Exhaust (basically axle back) for like $650.00 US and all in with installation cost me $2500 Canadian......and it sounds amazing!! Super deep and loud, u can feel the exhaust lol. Cold start is amazing. It has gotten me a lot of compliments from a very unknown duo haha
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #4
Aliendex
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M6 F06

Hi guys,
Thank you for the answer, really appreciated.

I think I'm going to start modding the original non CP exhaust system before spending crazy money.

I like the original exhaust system but seems a bit restricted for what engine we have under the bonnet.
Does anyone cut off the center silencer? If so, what's the gain in sound?

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 01:42 AM   #5
chillp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 (Sedan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliendex View Post
Hi guys,
Thank you for the answer, really appreciated.

I think I'm going to start modding the original non CP exhaust system before spending crazy money.

I like the original exhaust system but seems a bit restricted for what engine we have under the bonnet.
Does anyone cut off the center silencer? If so, what's the gain in sound?

I'm curious about this too. I'm looking for something that would increase and improve the exterior sound, but with stock or near-stock interior sound levels.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 07:02 AM   #6
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

That is only the M6 Performance Exhaust or the the next level the Akrapovic titanium wich costs a fortune.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 12:57 AM   #7
14SGM6GC
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GC

I’ll be selling my full F06 Titanium Akrapovic exhaust with carbon tips here soon. Just need to buy a stock setup and then I’ll be listing it. Let me know if you want to do a swap plus cash on your end.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 01:27 PM   #8
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
In Canada and I went the most economical route I have seen thus far. XS Power Downpipes which has 3.15 inch and fit with the stock heat shield for $279.99 US Dollars and Megan Racing Supremo Exhaust (basically axle back) for like $650.00 US and all in with installation cost me $2500 Canadian......and it sounds amazing!! Super deep and loud, u can feel the exhaust lol. Cold start is amazing. It has gotten me a lot of compliments from a very unknown duo haha
If you’re talking about Yuri and Jakob, I’d love to see them review an M6 and compare it to their recent M8 drives, have you asked them if they’d review it?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 01:29 PM   #9
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

do catless downpipes first, makes a big difference in sound, then delete rear mufflers for more. the OEM piping is pretty good, not very restrictive.
      01-14-2020, 08:46 PM   #10
M6ORL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw m6 bmw 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
how was the fitment of these downpipes ? any modification ??
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 11:51 PM   #11
caninefinest
Private
Rep
Drives: F06 M6GC

I installed catless downpipes first I wasn't satisfied with the sound. Then I got an Eisenmann Race axle back exhaust, still wasn't happy. But when I took the center resonator out I was satisfied. You can hear the turbos spooling a mile away.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 10:08 AM   #12
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6ORL View Post
I installed the same downpipes, fit is great, needs minor bracket adjustment if anything to bolt down, but we are talking almost nothing, the pipe bends are perfect. its just the hanger bolting can be a little off, but a little elbow grease to bend the bracket to the right spot is really easy. best downpipes for the price!
      01-15-2020, 12:33 PM   #13
M6ORL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw m6 bmw 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
Quote:
I installed the same downpipes, fit is great, needs minor bracket adjustment if anything to bolt down, but we are talking almost nothing, the pipe bends are perfect. its just the hanger bolting can be a little off, but a little elbow grease to bend the bracket to the right spot is really easy. best downpipes for the price!
ive been back and forward trying to do the downpipes for a while now but after seeing that m6 on the video on top im convince now this is what i need lol anywyas thank for the input man im going to try those...
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2020, 12:41 PM   #14
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
ive been back and forward trying to do the downpipes for a while now but after seeing that m6 on the video on top im convince now this is what i need lol anywyas thank for the input man im going to try those...
I have a youtube channel with a couple of exhaust clips of my setup. if you like to take a listen as well.

This is catless with the valves open
      01-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #15
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14SGM6GC View Post
I’ll be selling my full F06 Titanium Akrapovic exhaust with carbon tips here soon. Just need to buy a stock setup and then I’ll be listing it. Let me know if you want to do a swap plus cash on your end.
In Orlando -- very interested 14SGM6GC How soon?
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #16
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninefinest View Post
I installed catless downpipes first I wasn't satisfied with the sound. Then I got an Eisenmann Race axle back exhaust, still wasn't happy. But when I took the center resonator out I was satisfied. You can hear the turbos spooling a mile away.
caninefinest were you working with CP or NON-CP exhaust pipes? I've heard the CP pipes are basically hollowed out in the center.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 12:56 PM   #17
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
M6ORL What's your current exhaust system? And which DP's are you looking at?

Might follow OG's Matt's set-up: AMS Catted with Dinan Axle back -- But agreed, that video has me questioning -- will it turn into a fart can/drone on highway/backfire?

I'm also debating between ATH or PSI doing the installation -- thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 03:33 AM   #18
caninefinest
Private
Rep
Drives: F06 M6GC

NON-CP exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirkaismyname View Post
caninefinest were you working with CP or NON-CP exhaust pipes? I've heard the CP pipes are basically hollowed out in the center.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 07:34 PM   #19
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

If you have any questions regarding exhausts for the m6 and are looking to purchase, I can help you out. we have many options! Contact ashkon@autotalent.com for more info.
Appreciate 0