BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-02-2020, 06:01 AM   #23
LuckAnand
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F06. BMW X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshaya View Post
Intro: I've been posting on the forum here and there but I've been waiting to post my intro thread until i got the car here. I purchased my F13 M6 a couple weeks back and it arrived here last week on Sunday. I spent about a year of straight (and even longer if you count the time i spent looking for this and other cars at the same time) looking for this spec. I gave up looking for it after not finding one and moved onto a few other projects instead. Fast forward a few years and i found myself looking into an E92 M3 comp pack, as I've always loved them. One day when i finished looking at the ones that were for sale, i started looking at the M6 again (not expecting it find anything) and came across the one i bought. I called the dealership first thing in the morning and sent the deposit and cashiers checks right away!

The M6 had all the options that i wanted (minus the full leather, but it wasn't a dealbreaker with the black interior) so it was an easy decision for me to make. The big thing was that it had the comp pack and it was a manual transmission.

Car/Bike History: I've had a bit of a scattered vehicle history. I'll skip the first couple cars to save the boredom.
2014 Ford F-150 Raptor 4 door (sold)
2003 Honda CBR600RR (sold)
2013 Audi S7 Prestige (sold)
2015 Nissan GTR (sold)
2008 Ducati 1098S (Sold)
2015 Subaru STI (Sold, major build)
2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
2005 Lotus Elise
2015 F13 M6 Comp pack, manual trans.

M6 Plans: I don't have any major plans for the M6. I'm dropping off the car to get a full car clear bra installed next week and wont really drive it till that's done. It will take them about a week to complete it but that shouldn't be an issue. I'll likely get a ceramic coating in the very very near future as well. After that I'll work on the drive-ability of it.

The car currently has some modifications that I'm trying to figure out. It has a muffler delete that i know of, and it is lowered. My plan is to bring the car back up to factory height ASAP, as i do jump on ferries on occasion and Seattle roads aren't amazing to begin with. I also want to look into a better exhaust option. I'm leaning towards the Akrapovic and a catted downpipe but that will be ways down the road.

Closing: I'm more than definitely going to be bugging people for advice as the days go on! Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appricated! Once i have the clear bra installed and pick it up, I'll be taking some more pictures! Until then, the dealer pictures will have to do.

Hey Akshaya! Glad to see another stunning M6 in seattle and a desi Owner! I’m based in Lynnwood area and have a Frozen Black M6 GC Comp Pack! Great to see a 6MT as good as yours! Let’s connect one of these days! My IG is Lakshya__! And Congrats on the M6!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #24
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 BMW M6 Comp Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckAnand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshaya View Post
Intro: I've been posting on the forum here and there but I've been waiting to post my intro thread until i got the car here. I purchased my F13 M6 a couple weeks back and it arrived here last week on Sunday. I spent about a year of straight (and even longer if you count the time i spent looking for this and other cars at the same time) looking for this spec. I gave up looking for it after not finding one and moved onto a few other projects instead. Fast forward a few years and i found myself looking into an E92 M3 comp pack, as I've always loved them. One day when i finished looking at the ones that were for sale, i started looking at the M6 again (not expecting it find anything) and came across the one i bought. I called the dealership first thing in the morning and sent the deposit and cashiers checks right away!

The M6 had all the options that i wanted (minus the full leather, but it wasn't a dealbreaker with the black interior) so it was an easy decision for me to make. The big thing was that it had the comp pack and it was a manual transmission.

Car/Bike History: I've had a bit of a scattered vehicle history. I'll skip the first couple cars to save the boredom.
2014 Ford F-150 Raptor 4 door (sold)
2003 Honda CBR600RR (sold)
2013 Audi S7 Prestige (sold)
2015 Nissan GTR (sold)
2008 Ducati 1098S (Sold)
2015 Subaru STI (Sold, major build)
2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
2005 Lotus Elise
2015 F13 M6 Comp pack, manual trans.

M6 Plans: I don't have any major plans for the M6. I'm dropping off the car to get a full car clear bra installed next week and wont really drive it till that's done. It will take them about a week to complete it but that shouldn't be an issue. I'll likely get a ceramic coating in the very very near future as well. After that I'll work on the drive-ability of it.

The car currently has some modifications that I'm trying to figure out. It has a muffler delete that i know of, and it is lowered. My plan is to bring the car back up to factory height ASAP, as i do jump on ferries on occasion and Seattle roads aren't amazing to begin with. I also want to look into a better exhaust option. I'm leaning towards the Akrapovic and a catted downpipe but that will be ways down the road.

Closing: I'm more than definitely going to be bugging people for advice as the days go on! Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appricated! Once i have the clear bra installed and pick it up, I'll be taking some more pictures! Until then, the dealer pictures will have to do.

Hey Akshaya! Glad to see another stunning M6 in seattle and a desi Owner! I'm based in Lynnwood area and have a Frozen Black M6 GC Comp Pack! Great to see a 6MT as good as yours! Let's connect one of these days! My IG is Lakshya__! And Congrats on the M6!
That sounds like a plan to me! I didn't find your page when I did a search! And thank you!
Appreciate 0