BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

HUD adjustment and display options

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
After I returned my 328I loaner i noticed that the music scroll could be seen in the HUD. That isn't the case in my M6 but it is on the dash though. As well in the manual it talks about horizontal HUD adjustment but in my options i don't have. Just wondering if the others have similiar code setups or mine is just that way. Seeing if this is the norm or being that the dealership I picked mine up from was that this was their "first" delivery and there is usually a learning curve with everything in life. I know there are tons of additional options a dealer can code or like any other standard electronic device have hidden admin/diagnostic options screens.

Anybody else with US spec cars have missing/hidden settings that are listed in the manual but cannot be found in Idrive.
      10-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Adjusting HUD

Try "Menu", "Settings", "Heads-Up Display", and "Height" to adjust the vertical position of the HUD on your windshield. You can also switch to an M Mode that shows just your speed, a tach (which show optimal shift points), and what gear you are in.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBMW View Post
Try "Menu", "Settings", "Heads-Up Display", and "Height" to adjust the vertical position of the HUD on your windshield. You can also switch to an M Mode that shows just your speed, a tach (which show optimal shift points), and what gear you are in.
Yeah I have been to the screen where it has the height and the brightness but there is a horizontal setting listed in the manual as well as that has been discussed in the 5 forum.