BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-01-2018, 01:29 PM   #23
Anderdea
Rep
Drives: 650i

NICE VETTE!
WOW, you absolutely have the best of both worlds. Can ride in a new C7 Corvette (and maybe your wife will even let you drive it) and the absolute sport cruiser in the 650.

I’m somewhat thinking of taking my chances with a 2013 650i. More in my purchase price range and there seems to be a better selection of convertibles out there and I’ve seen some xdrives. Retired and on a fixed income makes my purchase decisions a bit more involved. Also WAF also.

Last edited by Anderdea; 09-01-2018 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 09:40 AM   #24
jdsaengine
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650iX vert, 2017 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdea View Post
NICE VETTE!
WOW, you absolutely have the best of both worlds. Can ride in a new C7 Corvette (and maybe your wife will even let you drive it) and the absolute sport cruiser in the 650.

I’m somewhat thinking of taking my chances with a 2013 650i. More in my purchase price range and there seems to be a better selection of convertibles out there and I’ve seen some xdrives. Retired and on a fixed income makes my purchase decisions a bit more involved. Also WAF also.
Almost retired too. Turn 70 in a few months. Looked long time for the '13 650x convertible. Wanted larger vert with a "usable" rear seat and "usable" trunk when the top was down. Looked at 4 series BMW (to small), Audi S5 (again too small). Took about 4 mo of surfing websites and found our 650 about 200mi away in Chicago. In 2 yr only problem was a driver's seat heating element replacement on CPO. CPO ran out this month, so bought extended service agreement from the BMW dealer for another 3yr or 36K mi. But since we only drive the thing about 3K miles a year, mileage will never be a factor.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 01:34 PM   #25
Anderdea
Rep
Drives: 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsaengine View Post
Almost retired too. Turn 70 in a few months. Looked long time for the '13 650x convertible. Wanted larger vert with a "usable" rear seat and "usable" trunk when the top was down. Looked at 4 series BMW (to small), Audi S5 (again too small). Took about 4 mo of surfing websites and found our 650 about 200mi away in Chicago. In 2 yr only problem was a driver's seat heating element replacement on CPO. CPO ran out this month, so bought extended service agreement from the BMW dealer for another 3yr or 36K mi. But since we only drive the thing about 3K miles a year, mileage will never be a factor.
I am 74 and want to enjoy a comfortable ride and also be able to set it to sport when I feel a little froggy. I also will only drive it about 6 months so milage will remain low. No winter mess for it. Not sure what “CPO” refers to. I have my eye on a fairly low milage car with some nice options. Hoping the dealer and I can come to an agreement as it will have to be shipped. So you haven’t experienced the dreaded high oil usage issue? One quart every ~~ 1000 miles. By the way is it easy to perform your own oil change on the 650? I like to do my own as it gives me an opportunity to see what’s happening under the car. I have been a gear head for a long time. A lot less now at my age but still enjoy a fine automobile.

Last edited by Anderdea; 09-02-2018 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 09:09 AM   #26
jdsaengine
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650iX vert, 2017 Corvette

CPO means "Certified Pre Owned" when you buy used from a BMW dealer, it a 2yr extended warranty.

I said I add oil every 1500 mi, might be more like 2000 mi. Because of low mi. I drive, its really just 1 qt. every year I guess.

I too am a gear head, built hot rods in my 20's. Had this little 32 Highboy till last year and I won't bother crawling under the car to do an oil change. It takes a special filter and a separate O ring. Easier to go to the dealer ship + get a free car wash
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 11:04 PM   #27
Blackhearts
Rep
Drives: 640i Convertible

yes, the orion silver is more of a champagne shade. it is extremely beautiful color when waxed. only reason i got it in this color was because of the Dakota brown leather interior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0