BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #67
joaopml
Enlisted Member
Panama
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30 2012 - Base Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
The 640i is already extremely overpriced. BMW stupidly decided to price it 5k more than the CLS 550 (V8) and 16k more than an A7 (3.0 Supercharged 6). I'm as much of a BMW fan boy as the next guy, but I'd take a loaded A7 over a base 640i any day...
+1
for me the GC is the most beatiful car in its class... but its way overpriced, speacialy here in panama.. i mean.. its way more then the 7 series.. and waaaaayy more than the audi and merc... (the GC is 130k... yeh thatīs right.. 130 gran) and come on... the cls is just a beauty as well... for me it is hard to justify buying the GC here in panama since the a7 and the cls starts around 75/80k...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #68
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaopml View Post
+1
for me the GC is the most beatiful car in its class... but its way overpriced, speacialy here in panama.. i mean.. its way more then the 7 series.. and waaaaayy more than the audi and merc... (the GC is 130k... yeh thatīs right.. 130 gran) and come on... the cls is just a beauty as well... for me it is hard to justify buying the GC here in panama since the a7 and the cls starts around 75/80k...
What models of CLS are available in Panama?

Here in the states we get only the CLS550, but I believe MB offers the CLS with smaller engines in other markets (could be wrong). So I was wondering about which model is the 75/80k pricing for in Panama?

If it's a CLS550, that's the same as we pay in the states, or close enough. Wow if that's true, what a disparity - $130k for a 640i GC?!?!?! Now THAT is insanity, especially with the other pricing being so similar across the two markets.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #69
joaopml
Enlisted Member
Panama
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah View Post
What would those who have $100k to "blow" on an automobile be looking at ?
well... depends... if you want performance... i would say a GTR... at least here in panama, the GC and the GTR costs about the same...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #70
joaopml
Enlisted Member
Panama
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
What models of CLS are available in Panama?

Here in the states we get only the CLS550, but I believe MB offers the CLS with smaller engines in other markets (could be wrong). So I was wondering about which model is the 75/80k pricing for in Panama?

If it's a CLS550, that's the same as we pay in the states, or close enough. Wow if that's true, what a disparity - $130k for a 640i GC?!?!?! Now THAT is insanity, especially with the other pricing being so similar across the two markets.
the a7 is the 3.0 supercharged with 310hp (75k)... and the cls is the 350 that cost around 80k... i think the cls350 comes with a v6 with 306hp(not sure)... nevertheless if the 640GC has around 315hp, i think it is fair to compare then all... and the difference in price is abismal... dont know what bmw is thinking there...

i fell in love with the GC when i first saw it in bmw dealership... but the love was over the moment i saw the price... would never pay 130k in the GC if i can have the a7 or cls350 for 80k...

and people can say that the GC is aiming the panamera, but for me it just doesnīt feel this way... i would compare a pana turbo with a rapid or something like that... not the GC...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #71
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah View Post
What would those who have $100k to "blow" on an automobile be looking at ?
Obviously you feel the "BMW" brand shares the same cachet as say Porsche does.

It does not, at least not here in SoCal.

So yes, a 110K for a 6 cyl BMW Gran Coupe is asking more than what I think most buyers around HERE are willing to spend.

Oh, and if you actually read my previous post you would realize I was stating that you cannot compare a car that has been out for years (the R8) being unsold on lots to a brand new introduced car that is sitting on lots unsold.

Read all the posts Judah, no one is saying the 6GC is not a hot car. What they ARE saying is it is probably overpriced and the market could very well have a hard time bearing it at that price.

I would be more than willing to bet they will have to start incentivizing the
the GC soon if they want to move the number of units that BMW is used to moving in order to be on track for number one lux brand in the US this year.

Oh and yes I do know how to spell Kool-Aid. I spelled it correctly for how it is spelled here in the U.S.

I also know where the term came from. So please do your homework next time sir.....
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #72
Judah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6
Obviously you feel the "BMW" brand shares the same cachet as say Porsche does.

It does not, at least not here in SoCal.

So yes, a 110K for a 6 cyl BMW Gran Coupe is asking more than what I think most buyers around HERE are willing to spend.

Oh, and if you actually read my previous post you would realize I was stating that you cannot compare a car that has been out for years (the R8) being unsold on lots to a brand new introduced car that is sitting on lots unsold.

Read all the posts Judah, no one is saying the 6GC is not a hot car. What they ARE saying is it is probably overpriced and the market could very well have a hard time bearing it at that price.

I would be more than willing to bet they will have to start incentivizing the
the GC soon if they want to move the number of units that BMW is used to moving in order to be on track for number one lux brand in the US this year.

Oh and yes I do know how to spell Kool-Aid. I spelled it correctly for how it is spelled here in the U.S.

I also know where the term came from. So please do your homework next time sir.....
First, you did not spell Kool Aid correctly as it is spelled in any market. It's spelled with a K yet you initially spelled it with a C, so you're just lying there,( check your previous post and my reply to said post as proof). You tell me to do my homework yet you don't know how to spell "K"ool aid.... Smh

Second I know exactly what you said in your previous post and part of my reply to that post was, "Currently, alot of high end new cars are sitting on the floor unsold due to a poor almost worldwide economy the fact that they've just been introduced to the market or have been here for 2+ years doesn't matter." However, since you keep stating that it does matter, tell me exactly why...
Go back and read my previous post you are having trouble comprehending this point.

This conversation is not about what others have wrote or are writing, it's between you and I and what you wrote. I replied to you. Also, don't put words in my mouth or my post. I never said or implied that anyone said the CG isn't a hot car. Besides, that's something subjective to the beholder and really has no merit in debate.

Alot of high end cars have incentives now. Hell, Ferrari introduced a 7 year unlimited mileage free maintenance plan. Do you think they did that out of the kindness of the heart ? Take a look around and you'll see NEW high end cars sitting in the showroom with 500, 700 or even 1000+ miles on them. Usually the sales manager puts the miles on them. This allows the dealership to lower the price,(sometimes drastically) without calling the car a demo or the manufacturer calling the price reduction an incentive. You're so stuck on alleging that the 6 is not selling or not going to sell or slow selling because it's overpriced that you can't see what's going on around you.
Truth be told, its only over priced to those who can't afford it.

The US is made up of way more than just SoCal. Just because a group in SoCal feel a certain way doesn't mean the rest of the US does. You need to step out of your area and see what else is going on in America. By the way, I know you won't answer this two part question but what exactly makes Porsche more "cachet" than BMW ? and What is it that makes you and your alleged "SoCal" peeps think that a 6 cylinder Porsche can cost $100k and not a 6 cylinder BMW ??
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #73
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

He he, stay calm guys
Other than that BMW 6 series has great sales and the GC has an updated v8 engine, close to Panamera GTS performances.
I don't know why BMW should not make so many M models when we all know that all its rivals have performance models in their entire line up.
If BMW M stays on top it's a great thing
*F10 M5 was faster than Panamera Turbo Sport Chrono on the 'ring with 1 second, after that the Turbo S was faster than M5 with 3 seconds so now we can see how good BMW M is
As a remark, CLS with its PPK was slower with 8 seconds than the M5 so we can't take it into account when we are speaking about which are the best sedans!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #74
pyramid
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Serpent S966

Garage List
Various Various  [0.00]
Here is the deal on where I live, Indonesia.

My current 528i se was purchased at usd122k on april'11
MBz cls63amg, non PP, no LSD is at usd240k
M5, only with extended merino currently at usd240k
Soon to be released 640GC, pretty much standard, will run for usd190k
Panamera base model is at usd258k
Panamera Turbo is usd442k

If I want to blow $200+k for a car, I would prefer CLS63 or the M5 over the base panamera. The 6gc is just nicely below 200k mark, hard choice as well.

For a 4door, I prefer more comfort in BMW rather then my recently sold pana turbo. But behind the wheels of a Porsche (forget the engine displacement), is like comparing behind the wheels of a new Camry to the BMW f10.

Based on above numbers, does the Porsche worth over a BMW? I must frankly admit is NO, it does not worth that much different in price (agin, based on where I live). Will I purchase another Porsche? Yes, only if I can find a nicely priced pre owned as I did with the ptt.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #75
Rickster311
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid
Here is the deal on where I live, Indonesia.

My current 528i se was purchased at usd122k on april'11
MBz cls63amg, non PP, no LSD is at usd240k
M5, only with extended merino currently at usd240k
Soon to be released 640GC, pretty much standard, will run for usd190k
Panamera base model is at usd258k
Panamera Turbo is usd442k

If I want to blow $200+k for a car, I would prefer CLS63 or the M5 over the base panamera. The 6gc is just nicely below 200k mark, hard choice as well.

For a 4door, I prefer more comfort in BMW rather then my recently sold pana turbo. But behind the wheels of a Porsche (forget the engine displacement), is like comparing behind the wheels of a new Camry to the BMW f10.

Based on above numbers, does the Porsche worth over a BMW? I must frankly admit is NO, it does not worth that much different in price (agin, based on where I live). Will I purchase another Porsche? Yes, only if I can find a nicely priced pre owned as I did with the ptt.
Wow your costs are roughly double.. That's incredible
Appreciate 0

6post.com