BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-31-2020, 12:08 AM   #1
plm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Removing side vents

Does anyone know how best to unhook the bottom clip on the M6 side vents?

The NewTis repair guide references the regular 6-series ones, which appear to be more like the M5 and only need a credit card shaped tool. The M6 has one tab at the bottom where the catch is on the upper side, so is really difficult to unlatch.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 04:30 AM   #2
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by plm View Post
Does anyone know how best to unhook the bottom clip on the M6 side vents?

The NewTis repair guide references the regular 6-series ones, which appear to be more like the M5 and only need a credit card shaped tool. The M6 has one tab at the bottom where the catch is on the upper side, so is really difficult to unlatch.
Ive done this and it is uncomfortable. The TIS does not show the M as you mentioned but the process is the same, you need to wedge in from the side closest to the door to get something to grab and pull towards the front of the car for a release. I hated doing it the first time, and am going to do it again in a week or so.

If anyone has a better method please let us both know.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 08:25 AM   #3
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

I just taped around the edges and used a plastic pry tool to remove mine. At certain times it may feel like you’re going to snap the vent, but you won’t. I was pretty aggressive with removing mine because I was replacing them yet neither broke and the tabs are all still secure.
Appreciate 0