TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
So this freakin rabbit has been causing havoc in my flower beds. He completely destroyed a bed of tulips and he loves kicking the shit out of my mulch and into my lawn. I cleaned everything up bit every morning it's the same shit. Soooooo I actually trapped his ass! He ran off and I saw him crawl right into my garden reel hose box. There's a small gap at the bottom for him to squeeze into. So I was actually able to move the box to where the gap is gone so now he is trapped in there. I opened the top and he's clearly hiding in the corner. So he cannot get out. What would you guys do? Leave him to die? Call a pest control? let him free where he'll do the same shit again? Put my cat in there?
Bruh... I've killed more of those fuggers than I can count. 3 in the last 2 weeks. They are a foking pest. Nothing more. When they're not trying to eat patches in my manicured lawn, they would definitely eat all of my flowers in my garden. They have the highest multiplying rate of all mammals except mice. I invested in a very nice pellet rifle with a scope just to snipe their asses!
Don't even think twice about killing it. Because if you don't, it may just cause the addiction of 12 more 2 weeks from now. With a nest right in your yard...
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2020, 12:57 AM   #904
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Fck! Was afraid of that. That stuff is a pain in the ass man. I don’t mind it but don’t want it getting stuck in my dogs’ fur and maybe get in their nose and mouth, that’s the nasty part. There’s so much so gonna be some work for sure.
Get a hula hoe or weed digger. If you don’t want to shell out for one, a flathead screwdriver makes it a lot easier to get at the root.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 01:11 AM   #905
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Bruh... I've killed more of those fuggers than I can count. 3 in the last 2 weeks. They are a foking pest. Nothing more. When they're not trying to eat patches in my manicured lawn, they would definitely eat all of my flowers in my garden. They have the highest multiplying rate of all mammals except mice. I invested in a very nice pellet rifle with a scope just to snipe their asses!
Don't even think twice about killing it. Because if you don't, it may just cause the addiction of 12 more 2 weeks from now. With a nest right in your yard...
Not an option here in the people’s republic of California. Can’t shoot pests or discharge a projectile weapon within city limits here. Ridiculous because my backyard was made to shoot a pellet gun. Terraced so we multiple backstops and I have a pellet trap target so you’d literally have to be enormously careless or trying to hit a neighbor’s property to do so.

But it’s ok, because the rule I gave the kids is that anything living they shoot, they’ve gotta eat. Hunting is for meat and so best believe if you’re going to plink at lizards for fun, you’re gonna eat one if you hit it.
Appreciate 1
Hawkeye2069.50
      05-03-2020, 02:38 AM   #906
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep

Mostly been focused on rehab - weeding, feeding, mowing and trimming.

Front
Name:  FF377A7D-DCDA-4DBE-9C0E-306541283080.jpeg
Views: 1633
Size:  163.2 KB

Lawn terrace and fruit/citrus trees
Name:  E2B74FAF-127E-47D6-B345-9652DD3961DD.jpeg
Views: 1662
Size:  147.5 KB
Waiting on nematodes to put down on the lawn here

Lawn terrace back toward terraced beds.
Name:  E4D693B6-C15B-4AA5-8650-C0F300159189.jpeg
Views: 1238
Size:  143.4 KB

Getting that terraced bed area clear of tan bark, cultivating soil and adding in soil amendment to get ready to plant vegetables and herbs that are growing in seed trays inside right now. Need that damn parsley to flower so I can get seeds before ripping it out. Trellis and hoops are for cucumber and tomatoes.
Appreciate 3
      05-03-2020, 04:03 AM   #907
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I hear ya. I had 2 babies that got caught up under my Husqvarna because the rabbits decided to have babies right in the lawn. So far the rabbit has been in the hose box for 3 days.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 02:43 PM   #908
E92 M Sport
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82

Quote:
So this freakin rabbit has been causing havoc in my flower beds. He completely destroyed a bed of tulips and he loves kicking the shit out of my mulch and into my lawn. I cleaned everything up bit every morning it's the same shit. Soooooo I actually trapped his ass! He ran off and I saw him crawl right into my garden reel hose box. There's a small gap at the bottom for him to squeeze into. So I was actually able to move the box to where the gap is gone so now he is trapped in there. I opened the top and he's clearly hiding in the corner. So he cannot get out. What would you guys do? Leave him to die? Call a pest control? let him free where he'll do the same shit again? Put my cat in there?
I hear ya. I’d remove the box with him in it and take it to a county park or similar and let him go there. I deal with the same stuff with groundhogs. Also been fighting off a robin this spring that wants to fight its reflection in my windows. It pecks away at the glass like a woodpecker and shits all over the place. Right now I’m rocking 4 helium balloons tied down by the windows to keep it at bay. Works for now.

For the rabbits, I’ve also just recently tried some Irish spring soap in the flower beds. Supposedly they don’t like that. We’ll see! Good luck.
      05-04-2020, 01:39 PM   #909
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
First time using Scotts mulch, but I gotta say I’m not too pleased. Put out, I think, 27 1.5 cu ft bags after some back breaking work. All bags were the red and some looks great and some looks pretty meh and some just looks black.
Either somebody loaded the wrong bags at the store, or at the plant. Those aren't the same color.

No, I don't work for Scott's, and don't knowingly have their stock.

My only issue so far with Scott's is that I left a few bags for several weeks/months on teh side of the house because I didn't need them. Then I went to spread and they were all clumped up with white moss. I kicked that around so the sun could hit it and a week later the moss was gone.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #910
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Either somebody loaded the wrong bags at the store, or at the plant. Those aren't the same color.

No, I don't work for Scott's, and don't knowingly have their stock.

My only issue so far with Scott's is that I left a few bags for several weeks/months on teh side of the house because I didn't need them. Then I went to spread and they were all clumped up with white moss. I kicked that around so the sun could hit it and a week later the moss was gone.
I loaded them myself straight off the pallet at Home Depot into my truck. I’ve called (and hung up after being on hold for over 20 minutes waiting to connect), texted their number, and E-mailed... no responses since. Frustrating is an understatement.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 10:42 PM   #911
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Does peppermint oil work at keeping rabbits away? Might be a more humane thing to try.
      05-10-2020, 05:35 AM   #912
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
I hear ya. I had 2 babies that got caught up under my Husqvarna because the rabbits decided to have babies right in the lawn. So far the rabbit has been in the hose box for 3 days.
Take it a few miles from your house and release it. There is an organic product called Rabbit Scram that works for up to 60 days between applications.

You can also look into Ultrasonic Electronic Repellents that rabbits and rodents don't like, but won't affect dogs or cats that plug into outlets outside and cover up to 5K Sq. Ft.

Just my opinion, but I try to take a humane approach with these kinds of things....even snakes. I've relocated them before. Except for poisonous ones which I will kill.
      05-10-2020, 07:37 AM   #913
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

So put down my first app of RGS/HUMIC12 yesterday. Will put the 2nd app probably in 2 months
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #914
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

How important is aerating? Has anyone rented an aerator from Home Depot? (St Augustine)

Been planting loads of shrubs, sod and flowers during covid.

Fertilized with nitrogen yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #915
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
How important is aerating? Has anyone rented an aerator from Home Depot? (St Augustine)

Should've aerated before fertilizing! Home Depot's setup is a heck of a lot better than doing it yourself manually. Make sure you got a buddy to help you get it out of the truck when you get home if you don't have a trailer. That sumbitch is heavy.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      05-10-2020, 10:32 AM   #916
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Should've been done early Spring. Now you'll need to wait til Falltime.

Quote:
Should've aerated before fertilizing! Home Depot's setup is a heck of a lot better than doing it yourself manually. Make sure you got a buddy to help you get it out of the truck when you get home if you don't have a trailer. That sumbitch is heavy.
I don't see how doing it manually is harder thank the HD? I just attach my tow behind aerator to my tractor than let my tractor do all the work?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 11:18 AM   #917
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

I have never aerated nor de-thatched my St. Augustine lawn. We have sandy soil that generally does not get compacted.

The University of Florida has some pretty good information about St. Augustine grass and other landscaping components in FL. (IFAS) What we do in South Florida may not be the same as what needs to be done in Central or North Florida.
      05-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #918
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Should've been done early Spring. Now you'll need to wait til Falltime.

I don't see how doing it manually is harder thank the HD? I just attach my tow behind aerator to my tractor than let my tractor do all the work?
He may be talking about the ones you walk behind. I ran one of those about 20 years ago helping out a lawn guy on the side for extra money. Looked like a huge tiller, and you basically had to fight it every pass. But man.....it worked beautifully.

I was sore for days!
      05-10-2020, 01:06 PM   #919
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

My favorite rose bush
Attached Images

05-10-2020, 01:28 PM   #920
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

I'm fairly certain I'm mowing too short in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 01:30 PM   #921
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Shouldn’t mow St. Augustine short.
      05-10-2020, 01:30 PM   #922
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not into those low lawns I think that belongs on a golf course. For the general most of us cut at 3.5-4"
Appreciate 2
tim99ws6110.00
      05-10-2020, 04:37 PM   #923
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think we have different ideas of manual

Quote:
3" is a good height for St. Augustine.
Appreciate 2
      05-10-2020, 08:04 PM   #924
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think we have different ideas of manual

3" is a good height for St. Augustine.
Haha oh you mean that manual...f that lol
Appreciate 1