BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-17-2021, 12:03 AM   #23
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
I'm saying it's super suspicious how it's unfolded so far, with him not saying anything about her being missing until her parents make a report with the police, and then not wanting to say one word.

why don't you tell us your thoughts.....
Maybe something about...

"You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions.
Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law.
You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during...
If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish."

Obviously the guy already consulted an attorney.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 06:56 AM   #24
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
My version of (Marvel) What If...?

When they left for their trip, their plan was to stage an event (e.g., she gets lost) to get her likes up on insta (or, better yet, GoFundMe $$). On the road, he figures out that she's a basket case and decides to back out of their "plan." She decides that it is too late -- threatens to screw him over in some way. He bails on her - not wanting to be part of the shit show anymore. He returns home and decides to keep his mouth shut given that their original plan was to lie about her getting lost.

She goes forward with the getting lost plan -- she'll turn up in a few days once her GoFundMe account hits $100k+ -- currently at $50k:

GoFundMe Link
I had a similar thought. She was blogging their trip apparently. Perhaps they concocted this scheme to generate interest, and get more views on the blog. In this scenario, they let the interest build, then she is “found” safe and all is well. I don’t think it fits the facts we know already well enough to be the correct scenario.

None of this adds up for me. That is a long drive home for someone engaged to marry the other person to have just left her alive and not return or try to contact her. It is also a long drive home to think about what you did to her (if dead), and be driving HER van. Lawyer up upon arrival at home tells me he knew something was up (in other words, he didn’t get home and hear then that she never called her parents and is now missing, then get scared and lawyer up). Also, didn’t he get rid of the camera in the van (dash cam I think)? I wonder what’s on that device’s memory!

Police in her town yesterday said they don’t know where to search for her. Too many places she might be to form a grid, still chasing leads. You’d think by now they would know more…at least geographically.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 07:11 AM   #25
iamwingman
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Carrera S, 23 Tesla Model S

Yup. I think might be publicity stunt. Thats why he won’t talk. He knows she’s sitting in a hotel somewhere, but if he doesn’t answer questions he can’t be charged with making false statements. Or she did something to herself. If you see the video it appears she’s the nutjob, not him.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4467.00
      09-17-2021, 07:16 AM   #26
2000cs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
Yup. I think might be publicity stunt. Thats why he won’t talk. He knows she’s sitting in a hotel somewhere, but if he doesn’t answer questions he can’t be charged with making false statements. Or she did something to herself. If you see the video it appears she’s the nutjob, not him.
You can watch that video (police encounter) and conclude he is a sociopath as well as she is nuts.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 07:21 AM   #27
iamwingman
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
You can watch that video (police encounter) and conclude he is a sociopath as well as she is nuts.
Maybe. But my guess is she’s alive somewhere. Ala gone girl. We’ll find out eventually.
Appreciate 1
2000cs3450.00
      09-17-2021, 07:37 AM   #28
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
Suicide seems plausible, too -- it would explain why he wouldn't want to help.
How would that explain not wanting to help? If she committed suicide, why not call authorities right away and avoid the whole scenario where he is a suspect to the entire world because he drove home without saying anything and still doesn't say anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
Another plausible story is they kept fighting on the trip, she flipped out and broke up with him, and left. He then jumped in the van and drove home thinking he and her were done. 11 days later he finds out she’s actually missing, which is news to him.

He could’ve also had enough of her shit, so he just said fuck it, I’m out - and left her there. Then something happened to her later and the same scenario applies - he didn’t know she was missing.

Both scenarios could explain why he didn’t report her missing. Could also explain why he’s so careful about what he says - because he knows how the story looks and that he’s likely the #1 suspect.

Idfk. Weird af that he’s not talking tho. He probably killed her.
But he's still suspect #1. A plausible story would at least give other investigative avenues. He'd look like an asshole for leaving her somewhere like he's Don Draper, and then never looking for her or saying anything when she disappeared. But that seems better than where he is sitting now.

My guess is he killed her and left her body somewhere and thinks he can get away with it, in which case it is a good move not to talk. Second guess would be this is a publicity stunt as speculated by other posts. When she shows up, they get hit with a bill for the investigation / search. People are fucking idiots.
2000cs3450.00
M5Rick58907.50
minn1913970.00
      09-17-2021, 07:47 AM   #29
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

This is a REALY odd one, really odd one. Two odd characters.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 07:53 AM   #30
iamwingman
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
How would that explain not wanting to help? If she committed suicide, why not call authorities right away and avoid the whole scenario where he is a suspect to the entire world because he drove home without saying anything and still doesn't say anything?

But he's still suspect #1. A plausible story would at least give other investigative avenues. He'd look like an asshole for leaving her somewhere like he's Don Draper, and then never looking for her or saying anything when she disappeared. But that seems better than where he is sitting now.

My guess is he killed her and left her body somewhere and thinks he can get away with it, in which case it is a good move not to talk. Second guess would be this is a publicity stunt as speculated by other posts. When she shows up, they get hit with a bill for the investigation / search. People are fucking idiots.
But that may be why he’s not talking. If he doesn’t make any false statements he can’t be charged with a crime nor can he or she be held liable for investigation costs. He nor she never claimed she was missing or in jeopardy, so can’t be on the hook for investigation.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 08:03 AM   #31
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

It's been news here and a right twister it is too, should give that pos some water treatment until he starts talking.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 08:06 AM   #32
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster335 View Post
so your thought is guilty unless he can prove he is innocent
Yep.

Boyfriend drives across the country, gets to his parents house with no girlfriend and he's like "Meh".

If during the trip there was an accident or she went missing don't you think the BF would've alerted not only the LEO but his/her parents at the time rather than driving home?

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 3
2000cs3450.00
minn1913970.00
540iSUP703.00
      09-17-2021, 08:07 AM   #33
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
But that may be why he’s not talking. If he doesn’t make any false statements he can’t be charged with a crime nor can he or she be held liable for investigation costs. He nor she never claimed she was missing or in jeopardy, so can’t be on the hook for investigation.
I don’t think you can orchestrate a fake missing persons incident and get away with it just by being quiet, especially if insurance is involved in any way. At a minimum, there would be a fake police report involved if they orchestrated the altercation incident and acted in their interaction recorded on bodycam, as part of a larger plan.
      09-17-2021, 08:11 AM   #34
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Maybe it'll have a 180 degree turn in it like this one did............

09-17-2021, 08:12 AM   #35
2000cs
Captain
Rep

Just for context, Moab, UT is 2,188 miles from North Port, FL and 32 driving hours. Moab is near the eastern border of UT (and CO); North Port is boy friend’s home. He drove that far without turning back to get her, wondering if she was OK, trying to contact her or her parents, in her van?
Appreciate 4
DETRoadster11446.00
F32Fleet3539.50
minn1913970.00
      09-17-2021, 08:28 AM   #36
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

None the less its sad. My first thought was he killed her, then I started thinking maybe she killed herself and he was worried it may look like he killed her. Then I thought she ran away and he said peace out!

His place is pretty close to my area of Florida and its def big news around here. I just don't get how they have nothing more. Well, I'm sure they have more info but they can't release it yet. He will be arrested at some point soon I'm sure they just need a rock solid reason.

Either way, I don't see it ending well for her family/her
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2021, 08:36 AM   #37
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Just for context, Moab, UT is 2,188 miles from North Port, FL and 32 driving hours. Moab is near the eastern border of UT (and CO); North Port is boy friend’s home. He drove that far without turning back to get her, wondering if she was OK, trying to contact her or her parents, in her van?
Exactly!

She does appear to be pretty unstable but even if she flipped the F out, said "go F yourself I dont ever want to see you again", and walked off would you just be like "Oh, OK. Well I guess that's trip over. I'll just jump in YOUR van and drive it 3000 miles home. Best of luck." Wouldn't you at least ring up her parents and say "Your daughter is nuts. She hit me. The cops were involved. She just bailed and told me to go home. What do you want me to do? Y'all better get on a plane to Salt Lake and come get her. I'll meet you at the airport with her van. You can take it from there and I'll fly myself home."

I wonder if they met some fellow van-lifing hippies, did some shrooms or something, and she walked off a cliff. They were all partying and she ends up dead. He panicked, dumped the body, and bailed. The dude doesnt seem like a killer. Probably a sketchy situation that got away from him and he didnt know how to manage it.
Appreciate 2
F32Fleet3539.50
      09-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #38
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

was listening to the case unfold yesterday on the radio and it definitely seems like he is hiding something.

add in the double murder of the couple that worked at the place that Gabi and her fiance had an argument that the police were called for, and im leaning further and further towards he killed her and then killed them.

Too many coincidences in the case and his actions arent helping him. The dude and his family had a lawyer set up before a police report was even filed for her missing. Thats not something a guy with nothing to hide does.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      09-17-2021, 09:21 AM   #39
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

My non professional, non legal opinion...Both Gabby and her fiance appear to be mentally unstable. Strange story for sure, and I bet the conclusion will be just as strange.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 09:27 AM   #40
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

The boyfriend/former fiancé looks guilty because of his silence and letting his Attorney speak for him. What kind of man would leave any girl alone on a cross country trip let alone across town? An argument is no excuse to leave her, take her vehicle 3000 miles and elect to have your Attorney speak for you. Hell, he won't even tell the girls family where was the last place he saw her...
      09-17-2021, 09:29 AM   #41
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Don't we know the youths don't have sense?

Initial thoughts that he offed her pushed aside...

I could easily see this being a stupid argument they had and he rolled out to prove a point assuming she'd get an Uber or something. He found out something bad happened to her by the time he got back home and is holed up because he knows how it looks.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 09:42 AM   #42
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
that mofo is guilty, if the lawyer is speaking on his behalf.
Appreciate 4
Torgus3779.00
tcphoto3477.00
540iSUP703.00
      09-17-2021, 10:09 AM   #43
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
that mofo is guilty, if the lawyer is speaking on his behalf.
Agree. If you are innocent you don't act this way.

The only way I can see him lawyering up immediately if his parents are lawyers or extremely well off.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907384.50
      09-17-2021, 10:12 AM   #44
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Agree. If you are innocent you don't act this way.

The only way I can see him lawyering up immediately if his parents are lawyers or extremely well off.
i can see him lawyering up once shes reported missing just because he is going to be suspect #1 since he was with her. But him lawyering up well before she was reported missing is a red flag. To me, it shows he knows something went down and is hiding something. You dont lawyer up before a crime if you didnt do the crime.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 3
nyalpine907384.50
Torgus3779.00
540iSUP703.00
Closed Thread