BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-17-2015, 03:50 AM   #1
vinen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Looking to upgrade to 650i Gran Coupe

Hi all, I purchased a BMW 435i Xdrive coupe a year and a half ago, and am seriously considering doing the unthinkable--upgrading to a 650i GC. I've always loved the 650 GC, but never thought I could afford one. Well I'm now seeing 2013 and 2014 650i falling into my price range.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2013 & 2014 650i? I've noticed a nicer steering wheel and odometer display for 2014. Any other differences? Is the 2014 model generally more reliable due to further refinement to the 6?

Any input is appreciated!
      08-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #2
notabadname
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
BMW’s iDrive4.2. This came in 2014 - I think a big I improvement to 2013

BMW’s iDrive4.2. Display and control in the third dimension.

The newest BMW navigation system features a revised design and honed operating system. The menu-driven navigation system has been augmented by new functions. The user interface includes revised graphics and now comprises 3D elements, while the entire architecture of the individual menus is now presented in virtual, three dimensional spaces. Its 1.3 GHz processor and dedicated 3D graphics card, bring new levels of animation and dynamic transitions.
Along with the menu presentation, the navigation displays have been revised and enhanced. The map displays and guidance information are now depicted with even greater brilliance and sharpness than before. Additional function bars allow the map view to be customized quickly and simply without having to leave the map. The new function bars are superimposed as an extension of the original map bar and open up additional options. This allows for Real Time Traffic Information (RTTI) or weather updates to be superimposed, points-of-interest to be displayed, or the map to be quickly switched from top view to perspective view. Standardization of the control bars in the multimedia sphere facilitates operation of a wide range of audio sources.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2013/03/25/bm...del-year-2014/
Appreciate 0