BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-14-2019, 08:24 AM   #1
MichaelInChicago
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 650xi GC

Front hydrobearing inner bushings

As I was having my brakes changed, the owner of the shop where I had the work done (who is an ex-BMW mechanic) noticed that the front hydrobearing inner bushings needed to be changed.

He said to go back to BMW as this should be covered under my extended 7 year warranty.

Is this true?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 08:43 AM   #2
Derekz4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i. BMW Z4,01 Bullitt

My gut feeling is they are going to tell you it’s a wear item. So No.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 09:47 PM   #3
dagoo98
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelInChicago View Post
As I was having my brakes changed, the owner of the shop where I had the work done (who is an ex-BMW mechanic) noticed that the front hydrobearing inner bushings needed to be changed.

He said to go back to BMW as this should be covered under my extended 7 year warranty.

Is this true?

Thanks
Those bushings are only covered under your original warranty. CPO warranty does not cover any bushings.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 05:44 AM   #4
MichaelInChicago
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I just found and read the exclusions from my extended warranty and it is very specific to what is not covered, and bushings are not listed, so I will show them the list if they refuse.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 06:57 AM   #5
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
I just found and read the exclusions from my extended warranty and it is very specific to what is not covered, and bushings are not listed, so I will show them the list if they refuse.
Then that's a pretty good extended warranty, and I know you paid a quire bit for it, but what sorts of actual mechanical things does it exclude if not bushings?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #6
MichaelInChicago
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Here is the list of excluded items (attachment)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ExclusionsBMWExtWarr.pdf (261.1 KB, 108 views)
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #7
Derekz4
First Lieutenant
Rep

This is what's not covered under the CPO warranty.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
The BMW Certified Pre-Owned Protection Plan provides specific coverage against defects in materials and
workmanship. There are various items that are not covered by this warranty for enrolled vehicles retailed on or
after September 1, 2017.
Vehicle Maintenance
Brake pads and rotors (discs), brake shoes and drums; filters; fluid replacement of a component by itself;
scheduled maintenance services; spark plugs; wiper blade inserts, blade assemblies/beams.
Upkeep
Adjustments; batteries (as a stand-alone repair); driveshaft flex disc (guibo coupling); engine drive belts; exhaust
systems (including the gasoline engine catalytic converters, and the diesel engine “SCR” catalytic converter and
particulate filter); flywheel, ring gear and clutch disc contact area; fuses; manual and “SMG” transmission clutch
assemblies; oils, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolant (except as required in the course of performing a
covered repair); rubber engine and heater coolant hoses, vacuum hoses (including clamps and connectors);
tires; tire balancing and rotation; wheel alignment.
Suspension
Ball joints; bushings; center tie rod; coil springs – sagging (except for leveling system pneumatic/hydraulic
springs); control arms and brackets; idler and pitman arms; stabilizer bar links and supports; strut
elements/shock absorbers (dampers); tie rod ends and adjusting sleeves; trailing arms, thrust struts; wishbones.
Body
Air leaks; body carriers, cross members, supports, braces and mounts; body panels, body shell, walls, partitions
and chassis sheet metal; body noises, squeaks and rattles; body seals and gaskets; bulbs - incandescent, Xenon
and LEDs; convertible top (except for electrical/electronic components); damage due to rust, corrosion or
contamination; door brakes and checks; door handles and carriers (except for electrical/electronic components);
exterior moulding, trim and fasteners; gas pressurized springs/struts; glass - side, sliding roof, rear and mirrors
(except for electrical/electronic components); latch and lock mechanisms and their related components (except
for electrical/electronic components); paint finish; water leaks; wheels and valve stems (except for
electrical/electronic components); windscreen (including the sliding roof); windshield (except for the front rain
sensor); wind noises.
Interior
Bulbs – incandescent and LEDs (except for the instrument cluster); carpeting; floor and trunk mats;
headliner/sliding roof liner panel; interior noises, squeaks and rattles; interior dashboards, consoles, panels,
covers, vents, grills, trims and fasteners (except cup holders); seatbelt extender arm assembly (except for
electrical/electronic components); sunblinds (except for electrical/electronic components); sun visors (except
for electrical/electronic components); upholstery (except for seat heating elements and seat occupancy sensor
mat).
Accessories (Standard and Optional)
All non-original equipment parts, components and accessories
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #8
MichaelInChicago
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Mine is different. I included a paragraph of all of the non-covered items straight from the extended warranty contract (see my reply above).
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 06:33 PM   #9
MichaelInChicago
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just wanted to let you know that the bushings and installation costs were covered under warranty, along with some other minor parts.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 08:29 PM   #10
Derekz4
First Lieutenant
Rep

That’s great . What plan level do you have?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 07:02 AM   #11
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Did they give you an invoice so you can see how much it would have cost had it not been covered? I am always interested to see how people fare in the extended warranty lottery. Incidentally, I had never heard the term hydrobearing before this thread. I have not looked, but I am assuming these are oil filled bushings on the inner end of the control arms, rather than solid rubber? If so, I am familiar with them and have changed them on a Mercedes. If not, then I don't know what they are.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 07:34 PM   #12
MichaelInChicago
Second Lieutenant
Rep

They actually changed both control arms that contain the bushings and the invoice did not list the prices for the parts or labour as they were under warranty. I am not sure what level the warranty is but was it was offered by BMW and seems to be very comprehensive.

I can say that the car does drive better and feels tighter.

Last edited by MichaelInChicago; 08-29-2019 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 09:02 AM   #13
mrjsmith88
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5M

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that the bushings and installation costs were covered under warranty, along with some other minor parts.
Wat warranty was this
Appreciate 0