BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #1
Pano6
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Question Stalling at Idle + Rough Gear Changes

The past couple of weeks I've started having issues where the car at idle, after just being started, isn't keeping idle properly and is often stalling. The issue is less present when the car has been driven and is warmer.

In addition to this, and especially at lower speed, the car has been very jolty when making some gear changes. Like you will be in traffic accelerating slowly and decelerating, and the car will bang into a different gear and jolt the car forward.

When I test it with manually changing gears using the paddle shifters, however, there is no delay and no apparent issues.

Some have advised it's probably just a computer issue that needs to go back to BMW for them to re-tune it.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 01:40 AM   #2
mrjsmith88
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5M

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [9.50]
You should check the injectors u may have a faulty one one day do a pull on the highway and if you get drivetrain malfunction there you go... as for the gear shifting I'm clueless as to why your car would jerk
Appreciate 0