BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      07-10-2019, 06:05 AM   #1
cmillz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2, Audi RS6

E63 M6 vs M2

Hi has anyone experienced driving both of these cars?

I've had my M2 for three years now and I'm think of changing it for an e63 M6 because well V10!!

I really want to experience a sports car with a big naturally aspirated engine and I think the e63 is the way to go.

It'll be a weekend car and I tend to do a track day every couple of months so this purchase is purely about fun (and noise!) so I'm interested in hearing about whether the M6 will be as fun during spirited driving and on the track as the smaller M2 (mine also has the manual gearbox!).

The M2 just has a piggyback ecu upgrade at the moment and I'm not sure whether I want to do much more to it as I'm not sure how long I want to keep it.

As the M6 would be cheaper I'm more open to switching out the suspension, exhaust and getting a tune if that's what's needed to really enjoy it.

Anyway would love to hear everyone's thoughts, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
Balr14
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

I am interested in an M6 as well and have driven several M6 and 650i models. The M6 is a very capable handling car, but it's awfully heavy. You can't appreciate how heavy until you try to throw it around a bit. I would not track it.

If you are looking for a sports car with a big NA engine, buy a Viper. They are pretty simple cars. So, they are reliable and cheap to fix.
Appreciate 0