BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      07-26-2018, 09:41 PM   #1
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Meth Kit install advice

Hello all, with summer heat and back to back pulls causing 135+* IAT I’m looking into a meth kit to cool things down. It seems most people install nozzles in charge pipes before a2w intercooler. From my past knowledge i thought nozzles go after intercooler so meth doesn’t pool in core. I’ve seen 50* IAT with similar street setups.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 01:55 AM   #2
Mkai0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Black

Post this on M5 forums to get a quicker response
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #3
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

I have utilized the charge pipes after the intercooler.
Until recent, CSF released their own intercooler design with water injection ports.
That would be the optimized location. Soon will be doing an install with CSF parts.
I have installed quite a few kits with the original injection site with zero issues.
Never had puddles formed or anything negative. Only positive results.
Today in Southern California it was 105 degrees outside. With 50/50 "boost juice" I gained 70 WHP while lowering IAT's significantly on our current clients project.
Water injection works !
Do it, and good luck !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 09:27 PM   #4
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
Until recent, CSF released their own intercooler design with water injection ports.
That would be the optimized location. Soon will be doing an install with CSF parts.
I have installed quite a few kits with the original injection site with zero issues.
Today in Southern California it was 105 degrees outside. With 50/50 "boost juice" I gained 70 WHP while lowering IAT's significantly on our current clients project.
Water injection works !
Do it, and good luck !
Yes that CSF piece is the location I’m looking for. Right before the throttle body. Lowering the temp to below ambient is my goal. Do you know how hard or how long it takes to remove the factory intercoolers?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 10:10 PM   #5
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
Water injection works !
Do it, and good luck !
Yes that CSF piece is the location I’m looking for. Right before the throttle body. Lowering the temp to below ambient is my goal. Do you know how hard or how long it takes to remove the factory intercoolers?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #6
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastatikle View Post
Intercoolers are easy. Roughly around 2-3 hours
Appreciate 0