BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #23
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
Hopefully you paid via paypal - file a dispute. Calling him out here is good as well. You can also submit an itrader result so everyone else here knows who they are dealing with. Will make it pretty tough for him to do business here.
Unfortunately, I didn't. Seller claimed he got screwed over by Paypal in the past and wanted me to deposit a check directly to his business account at a Wells Fargo location. I didn't feel comfortable with that so I asked him if he had Chase Quickpay and he didn't. But his GF did.... so i sent the money to her. Now there are flags all over this sale by this point but i felt the opp would be reputable since he was selling a lot of top quality parts. Big mistake on my part. Mind you... this is only a $400 deal. It has very little to do with the $400 and more about the principle of the whole thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 03:24 PM   #24
Cpark352
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 gran coupe

There has to be moderators of this forum tjat can help out as well.
Hope it goes well and keep
Us posted
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 07:39 AM   #25
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpark352 View Post
There has to be moderators of this forum tjat can help out as well.
Hope it goes well and keep
Us posted
That would be nice, but i'm pretty sure i'll just be stuck with the stage 1.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 03:29 PM   #26
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurohorses View Post
Unfortunately, I didn't. Seller claimed he got screwed over by Paypal in the past and wanted me to deposit a check directly to his business account at a Wells Fargo location. I didn't feel comfortable with that so I asked him if he had Chase Quickpay and he didn't. But his GF did.... so i sent the money to her. Now there are flags all over this sale by this point but i felt the opp would be reputable since he was selling a lot of top quality parts. Big mistake on my part. Mind you... this is only a $400 deal. It has very little to do with the $400 and more about the principle of the whole thing.
a lot of red flags for sure - if someone won't take paypal then dont tdo the deal. The only people who have trouble with paypal are people who have had disputes filed in the past. I'm not familiar with chase quick pay, but if it has a mechanism to challenge a transaction like this then I would do so. I would also report this to the moderators, and post a summary of your experience with this guy in every thread he has posted in. You could also post his number in the want ads of all the craigslist sites requesting hard core gay pics!
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 05:34 PM   #27
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
a lot of red flags for sure - if someone won't take paypal then dont tdo the deal. The only people who have trouble with paypal are people who have had disputes filed in the past. I'm not familiar with chase quick pay, but if it has a mechanism to challenge a transaction like this then I would do so. I would also report this to the moderators, and post a summary of your experience with this guy in every thread he has posted in. You could also post his number in the want ads of all the craigslist sites requesting hard core gay pics!
LMFAOOOO at the craigslist idea
Appreciate 0