BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Meisterschaft exhaust with stock dps?

Coming along....I think I'm gonna want down pipes! Has anyone had is exhaust with stock downpipes?
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 09:01 PM   #2
Whipple
Second Lieutenant
Whipple's Avatar
31
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newimage View Post
Coming along....I think I'm gonna want down pipes! Has anyone had is exhaust with stock downpipes?
Yes I have the Full Meistershaft GTC ,Was running with stock downpipes for awhile and the sound is really nice you will be happy, opening and closing the valves is fun and you can notice the difference when closed ,I recently installed AMS catless downpipes and now it sounds absolutely nuts ,its on a whole other level but there is things you will have to deal with ,cel light it runs fine with it but when I get a tune it will remove this ,the gas fume smell, and waste gate rattle.

Now with the waste gate rattle I never heard this when I was completely stock but when I put the larger pipes from the GTC exhaust I heard it even with my stock cats in place ,with the Catless downpipes it makes it even more noticeable but it doesnt bother me because its completely normal.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #3
Whipple
Second Lieutenant
Whipple's Avatar
31
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Here is some pics of mine ,The quality of the exhaust is amazing ,I bought mine off of a forum member that had 7000 miles on the exhaust as you can see in the pics still looks mint, When I first started this exhaust with the Catless downpipes I thought the car exploded lol,but that turbo whistle is intoxicating
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 05:36 PM   #4
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Yes I have the Full Meistershaft GTC ,Was running with stock downpipes for awhile and the sound is really nice you will be happy, opening and closing the valves is fun and you can notice the difference when closed ,I recently installed AMS catless downpipes and now it sounds absolutely nuts ,its on a whole other level but there is things you will have to deal with ,cel light it runs fine with it but when I get a tune it will remove this ,the gas fume smell, and waste gate rattle.

Now with the waste gate rattle I never heard this when I was completely stock but when I put the larger pipes from the GTC exhaust I heard it even with my stock cats in place ,with the Catless downpipes it makes it even more noticeable but it doesnt bother me because its completely normal.
Thanks pal I really appreciate the information. I just got mine back and it does sound noticeably different.... I do want louder! I want that deep Rumble! Did you swap out the Ford mid pipe as well or is that stock with the AMS downpipes?
How bad are the gas fumes?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #5
Whipple
Second Lieutenant
Whipple's Avatar
31
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

I have the full System with 3.5Ē midpipes and the velocity box , the cold start is 100% louder with the catless downpipes Itís crazy loud but when idled down and cruising its pretty quiet especially with the valves closed itís almost stock , when driving around with the valves closed it can had a little annoying rasp sound starting from 2nd gear but itís not that bad it smoothens out , with the valves open itís sick if I do a fly bye people walking on the sidewalk they tend to duck and hold there ears, the gas fume smell doesnít bother me I grew up with a lot of cars with no cats , dirt bikes , motor cycles , jet skis , all have no cats and never bothered me , I drove my wife in the car and she never noticed it, when she walked around back then she said pew gas! I just laughed, you can smell it with the windows open at a stop light if the wind is blowing in that direction, some people might be more sensitive to it than others, but for the sound its way worth it the turbos sound is loud , it fits the car!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #6
Newimage
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: Bmw m6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: 23322

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
I have the full System with 3.5Ē midpipes and the velocity box , the cold start is 100% louder with the catless downpipes Itís crazy loud but when idled down and cruising its pretty quiet especially with the valves closed itís almost stock , when driving around with the valves closed it can had a little annoying rasp sound starting from 2nd gear but itís not that bad it smoothens out , with the valves open itís sick if I do a fly bye people walking on the sidewalk they tend to duck and hold there ears, the gas fume smell doesnít bother me I grew up with a lot of cars with no cats , dirt bikes , motor cycles , jet skis , all have no cats and never bothered me , I drove my wife in the car and she never noticed it, when she walked around back then she said pew gas! I just laughed, you can smell it with the windows open at a stop light if the wind is blowing in that direction, some people might be more sensitive to it than others, but for the sound its way worth it the turbos sound is loud , it fits the car!
Nice! I'm gonna order the meisterschaft dps and the Lxr pipe. I'm guessing same setup as yours. Do you happen to have a clip of yours? I'm guessing it will throw a code. Can I delete with jb4? Thanks for all the info
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #7
Whipple
Second Lieutenant
Whipple's Avatar
31
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

I donít have a sound clip but if you search YouTube you can easily find one , let me tell you the vids do no justice at all nothing like the real thing, I donít have JB4 but I think it will just mask the O2 cel light but not delete it , you might fail smog inspection, I know a ECU tune will get rid of the cel light and pass emissions , I have been driving around with the cel light on itís all good , I cleared it with Carly waiting for it to come back 😁, I usually wear the shirt that says (Yes I Void my factory warranty!)but any exhaust work doesnít.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #8
Slimm2.0
Private
Slimm2.0's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: F13
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
I have the full System with 3.5Ē midpipes and the velocity box , the cold start is 100% louder with the catless downpipes Itís crazy loud but when idled down and cruising its pretty quiet especially with the valves closed itís almost stock , when driving around with the valves closed it can had a little annoying rasp sound starting from 2nd gear but itís not that bad it smoothens out , with the valves open itís sick if I do a fly bye people walking on the sidewalk they tend to duck and hold there ears, the gas fume smell doesnít bother me I grew up with a lot of cars with no cats , dirt bikes , motor cycles , jet skis , all have no cats and never bothered me , I drove my wife in the car and she never noticed it, when she walked around back then she said pew gas! I just laughed, you can smell it with the windows open at a stop light if the wind is blowing in that direction, some people might be more sensitive to it than others, but for the sound its way worth it the turbos sound is loud , it fits the car!
Is the middle resonator there? I have the Dinan axle back which sounds deep without my Dps Installed; couldve, shouldve gotten the meisterschaft
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 09:48 PM   #9
Whipple
Second Lieutenant
Whipple's Avatar
31
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimm2.0 View Post
Is the middle resonator there? I have the Dinan axle back which sounds deep without my Dps Installed; couldve, shouldve gotten the meisterschaft
IM real happy with the Meistershaft and the quality is real nice,The velocity box is not a resonator its basically straight through ,I think its designed to brake up turbulence that can cause drone .
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:57 AM   #10
vtune
Private First Class
6
Rep
171
Posts

Drives: E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada

iTrader: (1)

Can someone tell me what installation hardware is supposed to come with the full catback gtc? Just 6 clamps or is there more?

Also, the valve connector on the muffler - anybody knows what kind it is? One of mine is chopped off
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 10:15 PM   #11
Whipple
Second Lieutenant
Whipple's Avatar
31
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtune View Post
Can someone tell me what installation hardware is supposed to come with the full catback gtc? Just 6 clamps or is there more?

Also, the valve connector on the muffler - anybody knows what kind it is? One of mine is chopped off
Yes just 6 clamps, contact these guys for the plugs there the same company Meistershaft uses for there valves for 1/2 the price.

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST