BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-14-2021, 03:36 PM   #1
PayamSh
1/176 F30 335i MPerformance Edition
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Perf

What do you think of this M6?

Hey all,

My first post here but definitely not my last as I am on the hunt for an M6!

I'm currently driving a 2014 335i M Performance Edition, yes I'm not making a random spec up it exists ahah.

However I'm definitely dead set on getting an M6 next as I really really love the s63tu, and the insane DCT that's paired with it.

After looking at several M5's I just couldn't do it, I find the looks underwhelming in comparison to the M6. But it did ultimately make me understand I truly love the platform.

So fast forward and here I am there's one locally for sale, and lone behold it's another special edition aka the Launch Edition M6 http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-51658120

What do you all think of it? Any tips, pointers anything really.

I've already seen a Singapore grey on black M6 a while back and nearly bought it but I ended up pulling back as it had nearly 100,000kms.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? I believe it's Pure Metal Silver on Silverstone and Black. Super unique spec and supposedly 1/40?!?

Anyways thank you for reading my novel, ahaha I'm looking forward to everyone's thoughts!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 10:59 PM   #2
bg6
Rep
Drives: Volt, Tesla MY, 2014 M6 GC

That’s a great price for a relatively low mileage M6 GC imo. Silverstone metallic is really nice. I just got an M6 GC as well about 5 months ago and enjoying it although it is mostly a garage queen lol. I did get an exclusionary warranty as well for peace of mind. Good luck in your decision.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 11:36 PM   #3
Mandrake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC MT

I like this opportunity. Great interior, nice paint, looks clean, decent mileage and price. Solid deal at at time when there are very few. If you are coming from a 3 series you'll be blown away by the M6. It's bigger, heavier, a lot more powerful, and a lot fancier. And a lot faster. More aggressive. More elegant. More everything.

Among M6s there were so few made that you could look for a long time and not find any exact spec on the used market, so with that in mind I would take the first thing you really like. This example has the better stereo and the better leather with full merino and a nice two-tone scheme. Very, very unusual look and it's matched to a sweet exterior paint. But it lacks the better brakes, the competition package, and has an older iDrive system. There were not that many changes over the years in the F06 M6 so in my view the mileage matters more than the the model year. If you like what it does have and don't care about the things it doesn't, then this is your car...with the usual qualifications. Do a PPI with an independent shop, look into the ownership history, check for signs of abuse, and if you proceed consider transferring some risk with an extended warranty or service contract. There's considerable savings vs list on the car itself but when it comes to parts and service you'll be reminded that these sold for $140K USD or so. No right or wrong answer but think about it and good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 04:25 AM   #4
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Nice spec there!!
Appreciate 0