BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-27-2022, 04:29 PM   #23
J_ONeill
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 650ix

Long overdue update. Downpipes + tune have been on the car for a couple months now, I just never got around to taking any videos. Big shoutout to Zaks Auto in Hudson NH for the install and tune help.

Initial reaction. I love the downpipes. It opened up the exhaust/turbos so much to the point where I dont think I'll get an exhaust. As for the tune.... holy butt dyno is this thing fast. The upfront torque is intoxicating and on the highway it just keeps pulling up top. I'd say 90% of the time I'm just cruising, but when/if I need it, the power is definitely there.

Quick video of the downpipes. In order - Cold Start - Quick Garage Pull - Revs - Revs again but closer lol. All of this was done on my phone and on 1st takes. Please ignore the giant golf club cover in the first part. I was using my bag to hold the phone and I went to the garage so I wouldn't upset the neighbors

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 05:54 AM   #24
TON-III
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 640 DA X-Drive M-Sport -12

Nice, sounds like a bit rough V8 engined bad ass should sound !

And props to your chassi, F13 is REAL coupe car, F06 is wannabe one.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 08:43 AM   #25
eye4speed2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpina B6

Anybody figure out a work around besides painting - need a black out grille with night vision camera holder. Have an Alpina so not sure if that grille is slightly different as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 09:14 AM   #26
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye4speed2 View Post
Anybody figure out a work around besides painting - need a black out grille with night vision camera holder. Have an Alpina so not sure if that grille is slightly different as well.
I've never seen one. I think there are so few of them that it would not be worth the expense to make the special mold for an aftermarket supplier. They would probably sell two. So paint or vinyl are probably your only options - or be a brave nonconformist and don't black out everything on your car like everybody seems to want these days.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 08:57 PM   #27
J_ONeill
Enlisted Member
Rep

The chrome has grown on me. No plans on changing it anytime soon. Too much of a hassle
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 01:59 PM   #28
J_ONeill
Enlisted Member
Rep

*** Wheel Update ***

New wheels and tires were installed about 2 weeks ago. I finally got around to taking some pictures this past weekend. Ignore the dirt, I'm out of car soap at the moment

Initial thoughts: I couldn't be happier with how they look. The style and color was exactly what I was looking for. S/O richlandforged Also changing from the original runflats to a new set of Michelins was life changing in comfort, noise, and obviously performance. The stock wheels are being stored for now and will make a return during the winter

Appreciate 0