BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-11-2022, 04:38 AM   #1
CININ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Gran Coupe

Lumbar Support Adjuster Button Replacement?

BMW 650I F06 2013
Hey, guy for a while now I haven't been able to find a replacement button for my passenger seat, I've taken it to my dealership but they said to look online and I haven't found any luck. I was wondering if this forum may help me. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:23 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

The buttons on the seat switch aren't sold separately. You can see in the illustration below from one of the online part database sites...the seat switches are sold as a complete/whole unit. You'll have to think outside the box if you're attempting a non-traditional repair/replacement.

The lumbar button appears to be the same size/design as past BMW lumbar seat switches (but do measure to make sure). So if you were attempting a transplant...you might be able to find a broken seat switch from hundreds of used old BMWs and attempt a swap.

Off the top of my head...if I wasn't going to replace the entire switch, then I'd probably:
  • look for a used switch & replace the entire component
  • find/buy then deconstruct a broken seat switch and remove the lumbar button & swap it into your existing seat switch
  • search the usual "unusual" sites that are known for selling reproductions that may or may not be copyright infringed (ie www.alibaba.com )

BTW...out of all the buttons on the seat switch...how did the lumbar button end up being the one needing replacement? Just curious.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-11-2022 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 10:28 PM   #3
CININ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
The buttons on the seat switch aren't sold separately. You can see in the illustration below from one of the online part database sites...the seat switches are sold as a complete/whole unit. You'll have to think outside the box if you're attempting a non-traditional repair/replacement.

The lumbar button appears to be the same size/design as past BMW lumbar seat switches (but do measure to make sure). So if you were attempting a transplant...you might be able to find a broken seat switch from hundreds of used old BMWs and attempt a swap.

Off the top of my head...if I wasn't going to replace the entire switch, then I'd probably:
  • look for a used switch & replace the entire component
  • find/buy then deconstruct a broken seat switch and remove the lumbar button & swap it into your existing seat switch
  • search the usual "unusual" sites that are known for selling reproductions that may or may not be copyright infringed (ie www.alibaba.com )

BTW...out of all the buttons on the seat switch...how did the lumbar button end up being the one needing replacement? Just curious.
Thanks bro ur a lot of help, my mother was driving it an suddenly it was gone. I'm gonna try and do what you said, thanks. I didn't even realise I posted the first one lmao.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 08:44 AM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Good luck.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0