BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-09-2019, 12:58 AM   #23
edy74
Captain
Romania
Rep
Drives: CUSTO///M E90 , 640d xdrive

Garage List
2006 318i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
With all the info you have & "homework" you've done...is there something that you see that appears questionable or worries you or seems way out of sync with the existing wheel/tire set-up? If you used an original BMW 19" wheel that is offered for the f13 (f12 or f06)...would those specs be much different than what you've found? If unsure of the BMW oe 19" wheels...just go to one of the online part databases (like www.realoem.com) and input the last 7 digits of your VIN, then go to the wheel diagrams and see what the specs are for the 19" wheels.

Other than the aftermarket front wheel having an offset that is a bit lower than the average 6 series 19" wheels...when you run the specs through the calculator you can see that the wheel doesn't stick out beyond the fender, nor does it interfere with any suspension components.

When all is said and done...there are only a few things that you DON'T want to do and that is have wheels that rub your suspension, or stick out too far from the fender...and you DON'T want tires that are greater than 3% (+/-) the rolling diameter/circumference of the any of the oe BMW recommended tire sizes (it appears you're using ie 19" tire sizes...so that's all good).

If what you've selected falls within those specs...I don't think you should have an issue...the math (the "numbers') will answer those questions.

The only spec that we don't have is the hub size of these aftermarket wheels. Is the hub size 72.56mm (the standard f06/f12/f13 wheel hub size)...or are they larger where you'll need to use hub centric rings to fill the difference?

Thank you for the info.
The ‘19 wheels that I want to use are not OEM and I know that I have to use hubcentric rings (I had these rims on my E90).
The thing that I did not know was the percentage (+/- 3%) of the new tires diameter/circumference that I do not have to exceed.
Thak you again.
      09-09-2019, 07:45 AM   #24
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edy74 View Post
Thank you for the info.
The ‘19 wheels that I want to use are not OEM and I know that I have to use hubcentric rings (I had these rims on my E90).
The thing that I did not know was the percentage (+/- 3%) of the new tires diameter/circumference that I do not have to exceed.
Thak you again.
Everything sounds/looks good, then. Since you'll be using hub centric rings...I do suggest that if someone other than you is working with your wheels and will be removing/replacing them...ALWAYS reveal that you have hub centric rings mounted.

I say that because sometimes the hub rings will stay on the hub when the wheels are removed...and sometimes they come off with the wheel. If they don't know that the rings are there...they can get damaged or lost which can screw up your remounting of the wheels.

And if by unfortunate circumstance, the rings get damaged anyways (sh!t happens)...if you've told them about the rings, then they are on the hook for replacing them.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
jjasonSU194.00
      08-03-2022, 11:19 PM   #25
SonzofGod
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650iX Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd41985 View Post
I have a 2013 650ix M Sport lowered on H&R springs. I’m looking at a set of used wheels and tires and was hoping someone would confirm or deny if they will fit. They are 22x9 & 22x10.5 both have a +35 offset. The tires are 265/30/22 & 295/25/22

I appreciate the help. I know there are 100s of threads on this, so I appreciate you not yelling at me to use the search. I’m trying to get a quick answer. Thanks for your time.
Did you ever figure this out? Having similar issues and trying to find the cause....

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthr...3#post29171603
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 11:25 PM   #26
SonzofGod
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerBosewicht View Post
Check this out guys... i hope this helps explain some things, I just made this a few weeks ago... Please like and subscribe also !!

Great video! Very helpful. Maybe you can offer some insight on why my front 22's are rubbing on my control arms... I have 22x9 +30 offset (supposedly), 245/30/22 tires. I'm thinking an 8-10mm wheel spacer may fix the issue or I was sold the wrong rim offset by accident? Dont know gonna try and measure it. I see tons of 650i running 22's (jjasonSU) with my tires size with no issues.. either everyone is lying or something is bad wrong with my setup...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 11:28 PM   #27
SonzofGod
Rep

pics of current setup
Attached Images

Appreciate 0