BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-17-2022, 12:39 PM   #1
Chilldontsice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F06 MG GC

Rear Diffuser install help/ advice

Hey guys,

Ran into an issue while installing this 3 piece v-style diffuser.

It appears the main center piece does no reach the existing screw holes.. at all. Otherwise overall fitment seems to be ok.

What would you guy recommend? I’m hesitant to drill new holes through the underside of the car to line them up with the new holes, I’ve searched the forums and looks like no one has encountered this..

The first pic shows the OEM diffuser and the second shows it while lined up with the new diffuser.

Also looks like there are a few bungs around the old diffuser as well that don’t require a screw, but maybe pliers to pull out? Can’t get completely under the car but feels like there is a clasp on the other side of it keeping it in place (3rd pic)

Anyone who’s installed this ran into this issue or provide advice? Took it to 2 shops and they said the piece is not for the car (which it obviously is, the holes just aren’t lined up).

Thank in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2022, 03:22 PM   #2
debauch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6GC

The “bungs” in the third photo are plastic push clips. To remove them slide a flat head screw driver between the two black disks and rotate the screw driver to lift the outer disk away.
      07-17-2022, 04:42 PM   #3
Kamate
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m6

The shops are technically correct because the holes don’t line up. A good aftermarket diffuser will line up correctly with your oem mounting holes. Now if you must use it then you need to drill 3 new holes into your plastic to line up with the diffuser, make sure to reuse the metal bracket so your screws can be tighten down properly.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2022, 09:30 PM   #4
Minacious
The Dovahkiin
Rep
Drives: LCI M6 GC, other stuff.

Well, those are not even in the vicinity of hope, with respect to getting them near the correct placement.

Where did you get the diffuser from? Those 3 center mounting locations can't be moved and provide a rigid point for the diffuser to hold onto. To mess that up seems near impossible, unless it isn't the diffuser for an M6 (an M5 diffuser maybe?), but since you are confident it is, I'd be throwing questions at the manufacturer/shop you got it from.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 05:07 PM   #5
Chilldontsice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F06 MG GC

Smh yea thanks guys. It's pretty off and I'd prefer not to drill new holes or mess with the under carriage.

I got them through an eBay seller based in China so I'm sure it'll be a pain to return. I might just have to resell it to some one willing to take on the task to modify it.

I also purchased side skirts which fit flawless. Shame.

Thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 10:18 PM   #6
The_M6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Chilldontsice Did you ever get it sorted? Curious what the end result is.