CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Had a guy last week text me and told me he would tell girls he was a pilot or a surgeon. He's a lawyer. What on earth would possess you to do that, and then tell a girl you're interested in that you used to do that?? It's just weird.
I never understood this, since obviously the person you're interested in will find out the real occupation pretty early on.

With that said, I've had exes who lied about things that were to me very trivial and obvious things.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      10-11-2021, 09:31 AM   #11420
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I never understood this, since obviously the person you're interested in will find out the real occupation pretty early on.

With that said, I've had exes who lied about things that were to me very trivial and obvious things.
Exactly. You're going out with someone and then lying right off the bat. Huge red flag. Needless to say, I declined his request to call him as I told him I'm dating someone, and then he immediately lied about why he wanted to talk to me in the first place. Again with the lies....weirdo.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 09:34 AM   #11421
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Had a guy last week text me and told me he would tell girls he was a pilot or a surgeon. He's a lawyer. What on earth would possess you to do that, and then tell a girl you're interested in that you used to do that?? It's just weird.
Heard that more than one time, maybe most guys are thinking, this sounds cool and the interest grows quicker.
When its just to get someone laid, its a cheat, yes.
If the opposite party requests more than just showing off, its a cut off.
Plain and simple.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 09:39 AM   #11422
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Heard that more than one time, maybe most guys are thinking, this sounds cool and the interest grows quicker.
Plain and simple.
I don't see anything wrong his real profession as a lawyer. In your 40s you should be comfortable telling a date what your real profession is. Actually at any age!
Appreciate 2
      10-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #11423
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Plain and simple.
I feel like if you are just hooking up it shouldn't make a difference. For a one night stand what does it matter whether they are a lawyer or a part time ice cream scooper? There is either attraction and you want to bang or there isn't. Career choice and hoping that the person isn't just a lazy POS is something that factors into potential long term situations, where any lies are sure to come to light.

I once had an ex who lied about something as stupid as having ridden a dirt bike "several times before". I'll leave it up to your imagination to figure out how I found out that was a lie.

Basically it boils down to people who lie about trivial stuff like that end up just being pathological liars.

Appreciate 2
Sara5775.50
Dang3r12503.00
      10-11-2021, 10:15 AM   #11424
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, here's the back story on him. We matched a while back, before the hurricane. He said that I looked familiar and asked where I work. Turns out we work in the exact same building downtown. Thankfully, he's on one set of elevators and I'm on another (the higher floors). So he's seen me walking around in the lobby, but I've never noticed him. We exchanged numbers before the hurricane and he's messaged me before. He asked for my social media, which I gave him. He immediately asked me how many DMs a day I receive and if we dated, would I turn them off. Red flag number one. Then I meet real pilot 5 days before the hurricane hit and as you all know, I started dating him.

Mr. Lawyer reached out to me last week and it was just red flag after red flag. Informed him I'm no longer interested as I met someone and he responded with "hard to believe you like him more than me. We haven't met yet, so at best your decision is undecided.." then proceeds to ask me to call him and chat. Big no. I hope he doesn't see me in the lobby and attempts to talk to me.

So, he's looking to date and telling women he's interested in that he used to lie about his profession. That's just weird to me.
WTF This guy sounds like a nutcase. Asking if you would turn off DMs if you dated? This is where maybe I'm just an asshole but I'd be like "nah, you seem pretty insecure so I'd probably just read them to you to see how you'd react". The "hard to believe you like him more than me" comment just seems really arrogant. I wonder if people who respond with comments like this are just salty, or if they actually think it will work and change your mind.

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #11425
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
At least he didn't tell you he was an Architect.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #11426
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
WTF This guy sounds like a nutcase. Asking if you would turn off DMs if you dated? This is where maybe I'm just an asshole but I'd be like "nah, you seem pretty insecure so I'd probably just read them to you to see how you'd react". The "hard to believe you like him more than me" comment just seems really arrogant. I wonder if people who respond with comments like this are just salty, or if they actually think it will work and change your mind.
First red flag should have been he has an android and not an iPhone lol. I hate green texts.
Appreciate 7
ramman434710.00
goat30i144.50
Tommy-G4467.00
Dang3r12503.00
vreihen1614906.00
      10-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #11427
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
I have a very young wealthy friend with quite an exotic car collection who bought a 97 Camry to take dates out until he knew they weren't after his money
If I'm on a first date I usually take my '98 Wrangler. I'm not worried about gold diggers since I'm not that wealthy, but it's odd to me the comments I receive or things people will assume about the fact that I'm driving a BMW. None of them seem to realize it is a 12 year old base model that costs less than their brand new Civic.

Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4467.00
      10-11-2021, 10:21 AM   #11428
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
First red flag should have been he has an android and not an iPhone lol. I hate green texts.
Or the Android users that try to convince you to use WhatsApp. GTFO of here with that shit lol.

Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #11429
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Or the Android users that try to convince you to use WhatsApp. GTFO of here with that shit lol.
THIS 100%
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614906.00
      10-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #11430
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:
New Orleans’ finest lol
Harmless joking and banter.
If you don't like the guy (clearly by your rude responses), just say so and stop the chats. What's the big deal? Nothing to see here?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 12:20 PM   #11431
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Harmless joking and banter.
If you don't like the guy (clearly by your rude responses), just say so and stop the chats. What's the big deal? Nothing to see here?
He doesn't seem harmless. He seems very controlling and manipulative. I did stop the texts by not responding to him.
Some people are just insecure and anxious. Of course you make the right choice to not engage with someone you don't see yourself with.
Just didn't see anything wrong in this particular chat
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      10-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #11432
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:

Chap could always say it was a little white lie and wanted to see her reaction If she doesn't see the funny side then yeah maybe not the one.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 12:35 PM   #11433
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
I have a very young wealthy friend with quite an exotic car collection who bought a 97 Camry to take dates out until he knew they weren't after his money
The best way.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 12:39 PM   #11434
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The "hard to believe you like him more than me" comment just seems really arrogant. I wonder if people who respond with comments like this are just salty, or if they actually think it will work and change your mind.
The second thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 12:51 PM   #11435
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Strange things can happen on dating sites, as they have to you. In the end you've got to say that you are open to be impressed with whatever and if it sounds too good then it probably is... I'll tell you I used to say things to girls like I was a drummer in a rock band when at discos/clubs and the eyes opened wide
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #11436
M5Rick
General
Rep

Catfishing, you yourself said you 'may' have done it at times hehe
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      10-11-2021, 01:09 PM   #11437
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Strange things can happen on dating sites, as they have to you. In the end you've got to say that you are open to be impressed with whatever and if it sounds too good then it probably is... I'll tell you I used to say things to girls like I was a drummer in a rock band when at discos/clubs and the eyes opened wide
One of my best friends told his now wife that he was an Archeologist when they met (he was a roofer, we all were). He came clean on the second date when she told him she had a degree in history.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4467.00
      10-11-2021, 01:19 PM   #11438
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
One of my best friends told his now wife that he was an Archeologist when they met (he was a roofer, we all were). He came clean on the second date when she told him she had a degree in history.
As I said there's no harm in it so long as it's reasonable and with your best friend she said one to him too so that balances it out.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 01:31 PM   #11439
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Did someone just diss Whatsapp?

Name:  5f9d8a0a48995ea25aca1b659b4ce03d.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  53.7 KB

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 01:40 PM   #11440
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Catfishing, you yourself said you 'may' have done it at times hehe
Haha!
Appreciate 0